N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a shame Garcia has gone but im not too broken up about it. He was never really consistent enough for my liking. He was good in the champions league though i'll give him that.

t1_liverpool4.jpg

Did the ball go in?

Did the ball go out, in out , in out the Kop where in no doubt

The reds went to the final, and Chel-Sea went out

Thats what it's all about

Woooo We Won the trophy

Bloody hell we are signing someone. Teddy Sheringham :\

as a player-coach it would appear. Honestly don't know how I feel about that. I mean he's a legend, but can he still cut it. And more importantly we are going to have to change our style of play given his lack of pace. If we can get a couple more players in though ill be happy.

Torres could be good signing. He's no David Villa like, but should net about 20 if he stays fit. £26m is a lot like but hey, if you can afford it. I'm told we've put an offer in for Wayne Bridge and we're awaiting an response.

Haha it turns out we've actualy signed 2 players today. Smashing our transfer record in the process. (previous one 50k now 300k \o/ ) We signed Mark Yeates from Spurs, who was fb on loan 2 seasons back and Clive Platt from MK Dons hes the one who cost 300k. YAY now come on a left back.

Carrick proved his fee, big reason for us winning the title. And everybody know's english players have over fabricated fee's attached to them these days, look at Darren bent. At the end of the day we just got 14 million compensation money from chelsea over the Mikel scandal, Carrick didnt effect are bank balance that much believe me.

And Christiano Ronaldo was a unknown player a few years ago and people said WTF is Fergie doing paying 15 mill odd for him. Look what happened! I have every faith in Anderson and Nani, Fergie has been watching them to my understanding for a good few years and would not pay that much, unless he sensed something superb.

Liverpool are only overpaying for Torres, due to there desperation to secure a striker.

Torres reputation speaks for itself, he's carried Athletico Madrid since he was a a young teen, consistently scoring.

Your miswording what I am saying to bring out an argument. Torres is a good player.

What I am saying is that Liverpool over paying for his signature, is largely down to desperation to get the deal done and dusted. Liverpool have had constant pressure from their fans, the board and the media to get somebody in who can do a job up top. I think it payed a big part in the fee being 27 million as opposed to something like 18.

It's more the fact that we have money, and everyone knows we do..

The Prices are going to beefed up, reguardless of quality.

It wasn't out of desperation, it was simply the asking price, Liverpool wanted Torres, and Torres wanted us, every club has their price, ours was £26 Mil plus Garcia.

We are not going to do a Chelsea, or Man Utd, we aren't going to be public about our transfer's and as "Fozzy" Gillette said, we aren't going to "Panic Buy". Names such as Eto'o, Tevez being hammered around, ever thought Benitez never wanted them?

We have got the player, we have paid the money, it isn't out of desperation it is simply meeting the asking price.

I do agree Torres is over-priced but so is every player in the world right now...

£26m for Torres aint too bad in the grand scheme of things, Chelsea paid £30m for Sheva and look how that turned out ;)

Torres has carried Atletico for the last few seasons, is just approaching his prime, and has performed at the highest level

£26m for Torres aint too bad in the grand scheme of things, Chelsea paid £30m for Sheva and look how that turned out ;)

Torres has carried Atletico for the last few seasons, is just approaching his prime, and has performed at the highest level

Exactly, I think Liverpool got a bit of a bargain when you consider That age of Torres, plus the length of contract he still had left.

I think Torres is over priced, I'm not calling a challenge, but I'd like to see how Da Silva and Torres stats compare next season. Then we'll see if the money is worth it.

Although I believe him to be a very good prospect, and I hope he has a poor season ;).

I think Torres is over priced, I'm not calling a challenge, but I'd like to see how Da Silva and Torres stats compare next season. Then we'll see if the money is worth it.

Although I believe him to be a very good prospect, and I hope he has a poor season ;).

You seem to think Da Silva will actually play.

Leeds look very uncertain to be able to play next season...

From Club Website:

Urgent meetings are taking place today (Wednesday) between the Administrators, the club and The Football League to establish how to move forward following the appeal lodged by HMRC (Inland Revenue) yesterday.

The club remain confident of a positive outcome and that it will be able to start the 2007/08 season.

The club can confirm that Season Ticket receipts are being kept in a separate bank account and Leeds United 2007 Ltd, who have sold the tickets for the forthcoming season, will ensure that the money is kept safe so it can be returned to supporters if we cannot start the season.

:(

I can't believe this could really happen....

Yeah but Chelsea have money, Liverpool have debt............

Yeah but Chelsea have money, Liverpool have debt............

ROFL and what money do chelsea have? Chelsea have the most debt out of any premiership side.

Check your facts.

At least the money that liverpool spend on players now will be repaid through the club.

ROFL and what money do chelsea have? Chelsea have the most debt out of any premiership side.

Check your facts.

At least the money that liverpool spend on players now will be repaid through the club.

no doesn't roman bankroll chelsea?

liverpool on the other hand the new guys on charge are just hoping for the fa to bring a wage cap so they can make some money.

When liverpool buy a player it's giving them debt, when chelsea buy one it's giving roman debt.

Very crap pun, considering you mean liverpool are in the black.

...Lmfao...Shit

Long day at the Office...

"Sky bloke: So are you happy for him (Bellamy) to stay here?

Rafa: Who Fernando or Bellamy?

Sky bloke: Bellamy

Rafa: I know I was joking.

Sky bloke: so are you?

Rafa: I'm very happy to have Fernando here"

Rafa is boss

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!