Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God, I thought we were going to drop points today.

Everton defended well, but on the whole we were more attacking, so I feel the win was justified. :)

I also watched the Newcastle/Derby game. Dear oh dear, what the hell has happened? I was rooting for Derby, they seemed the more entertaining team.

ronaldo, ronaldo, ronaldoooooooo

what a goal, what a goal what a gooooooooal

clearly when every one had doubts, BANG! cristiano "did anyone miss me?" ronaldo sticks his head out and tells us no matter who steals the limelight (rooney, tevez, evra, anderson), hes still there.

Villa and Celtic both drew 1-1.

It could have been worse. But one thing that was awesome today:

Bolton Wanderers 3-0 Birmingham City

:laughing: :laughing: Alex McLeish my arse! :laughing: :laughing:

We had one when the ball crossed the line but the goal didn't count :(

But happy blues got thrashed :)

Guest Stefkov

This MOTD has been the best for a while. Chelsea Villa game was amazing.

Truly spectacular.

Ronaldo's free kick was quite good. If only it's not 1 in every 20 he hits the back of the net. It's always at the wall.

Still good to see Saha geting a few goals.

Finally, I'm getting sick of the two footed tackle now. Why has it suddenly surged this season. You saw them once or twice in a season before but it's one every week. Carvalho's was terrible, those types of tackles makes me think why I watch the sport. The Reading players was a soft one but still two footed none the less.

It'd really annoying me these and they should really be clamped down on, straight red and something else. We want to watch football not someone try to fucking injure someone.

Finally, I'm getting sick of the two footed tackle now. Why has it suddenly surged this season. You saw them once or twice in a season before but it's one every week. Carvalho's was terrible, those types of tackles makes me think why I watch the sport. The Reading players was a soft one but still two footed none the less.

It'd really annoying me these and they should really be clamped down on, straight red and something else. We want to watch football not someone try to fucking injure someone.

Good dear.. what next we'll play with cushioned pitches, take studs off boots. It's football ffs not ballet. It's hell of a lot tamer than it was back in the 70s, any further and soon instead of red cards players will be asked to kiss and make up.

And meh at us today we were rubbish. Amount of December games is catching up and Arsene's inability to play 4-4-2 even when Bendtner is playing well.

Guest Stefkov

ffs I'm not saying that its anything like ballet or coming to.

I don't want to see players lunging at each other like that. Football is about skill, skillful tackles, skillful play, common sense.

Lunging in with two feet, studs showing is nothing like football. You need strong tackles to win a ball yes, but Carvalho's tackle was just the lowest of lows.

I'm annoyed that you'd think I'm saying it should be more like balet.

ffs I'm not saying that its anything like ballet or coming to.

I don't want to see players lunging at each other like that. Football is about skill, skillful tackles, skillful play, common sense.

Lunging in with two feet, studs showing is nothing like football. You need strong tackles to win a ball yes, but Carvalho's tackle was just the lowest of lows.

I'm annoyed that you'd think I'm saying it should be more like balet.

I'd disagree. If he ran up to someone and full on kicked a player in the nuts, that is the lowest of lows.

Understand I'm not standing up for evil challenges, but the players get their just deserved 90% of the time [by means of red cards or FA video suspensions]. And asking for dangerous tackles to be stamped out is like asking for passion to be removed from the game. Players would be shit scared to make last gasped challenges. Some times theres a method behind their madness.

United back on top. *sings "Everything in its right place" by Radiohead.* :):heh:

We played alright, I thought Rooney had a good game. It was also rather special to see Saha grabbing a brace. Maybe that'll give him the confidence he needs. Park is playing again as well, now we just need Neville back.

The Chelsea-Villa game was definitely the game of the day. You'd have thought 4 goals against Chelsea or Villa would see them off, and you'd have thought 4 goals for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge would do the job, as well. Football...unpredictable. For me, this sums up that anything can happen.

With regards to the Arsenal-Pompey game, I thought Distin and Campbell were bang on form today, with Hughes also impressing. A little worried about upfront, mind. Looking back on their home form, don't they have something like 5 goal-less draws out of 6 now? Imagine where they'd be in the table if somebody could have bagged them a goal or two in some of those matches. Redknapp is onto a good thing there, I think if he brings a top class striker there, they could go on to greater things.

It's been a pretty good boxing day. :)

With regards to bad tackles: There is both good and bad with this argument. I'd like to see passion in the game. I think it's absurd some players get booked for celebrating their goals, for example. If you score a good goal, you have the right to celebrate, just as long as no fans or players are physically hurt, imo. Why the hell shouldn't you be allowed to do so?

In derby matches, in particular, there are usually big and bad tackles flying about all over the place. Sometimes its to break up the flow of play, and sometimes its because one team just plain and utterly hates the other. I admit, I like seeing my team really going for it, toe to toe with the other team. But, you have to draw a line. Passion is one thing, but this is not kung fu.

I saw the Chelsea-Villa highlights on Football First. Definitely one of the best games I've ever seen Villa play.

I was in awe. Not only at how we put 4 past Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but at how we played. The squad would not have played like that under previous managers, such as Taylor or O'Leary, against one of the Top Four.

But Ballack's dive, and Carvalho's tackle weren't necessary. It was pointless for Zat Knight to be sent off, and Carvalho's tackle wasn't on. Also, I don't think Ashley Cole should've been sent off, but it was a penalty.

This match showed how Martin O'Neill has changed Villa, and how we need him more than England do. :grin:

Of course he had to be sent off if the penalty was given.

He was stood on the line, and he blocked the ball with what was said to be his arm. He's preventing a clear goalscoring chance by obstructing the ball in an illegal way (and it was a clear chance as he was on the line...how close can you get?) The question is, did the ball strike his arm or head, or head then arm? I'm not convinced, and that's after me seeing a few replays. The ref has to make a splitsecond decision. So, where does the benefit of the doubt lie? With the attacking team or with the defending team?

If the ref gives the penalty, he has to send him off. Presumably, that was also why Zat Knight was sent off, as he was preventing a goal-scoring chance as Ballack was in on goal. He was the last man, and, well, the rest is history.

Without seeing the situation I can definitely confirm Ashley Cole deserved his red card. :P

Yeah, the bugger should have been sent off BEFORE kick off. Hahahah. :D

I thought the Arsenal v Chelsea game was a spectacle. Every time he had the ball, Arsenal fans gave him stick, and that was throughout the whole match. God, they don't forgive, do they?!

Yeah, the bugger should have been sent off BEFORE kick off. Hahahah. :D

I thought the Arsenal v Chelsea game was a spectacle. Every time he had the ball, Arsenal fans gave him stick, and that was throughout the whole match. God, they don't forgive, do they?!

He doesn't deserve forgiveness, it's what he did to the club and how he changed from a humble academy player to a money hungry c**t.

Ahsley Cole is a **** this extract from his book sums him up

When I heard Jonathan (Barnett) repeat the figure of £55k, I nearly swerved off the road. “He is taking the ****, Jonathan!†I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard.

How Dare Arsenal only offer him 55k a week :(

He doesn't deserve forgiveness, it's what he did to the club and how he changed from a humble academy player to a money hungry c**t.

I think you should always respect and remember where you came from, be it with football, or anything. That's what I'll always respect players like Lee Dixon and Tony Adams for, they were formers Arsenal players, but they never shit on the place which made them stars.

Ahsley Cole is a **** this extract from his book sums him up

How Dare Arsenal only offer him 55k a week :(

If he's like that, then Arsenal are probably better off without him.

God, I don't even like Arsenal. :heh: