N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

I think I agree with Hobs. We did win the league with the likes of Fletcher and O'shea in our squads, but if we had all our starting 11 fit, they would not be in there. We won the league because when our players were out injured, we had players, who were although not world class, were able to come in and do the job well. They helped, especially during instances where Scholes was banned for the second leg against Roma, or during our great defensive crisis where our entire starting back four were out.

I like Yossi, and I think he will do well at Liverpool. But the point Hobs is making is that you have very little to offer on the wings, and is Yossi the answer to that? My reply would be no. I think he would do great as a second choice, who could come in when needed and do the job well, but for a team challenging week in and out, with the aim of going for the title, champions league, fa cup, I do not think he is that player.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say come on spurs. good luck to them.

down with arsenal.

They say that every season and look what happens. Lost a bit of sleep recently worrying about what we gonna do now.. luckily I'm off this summer.

Wenger has to sign a good striker, not to replace (you can't replace a player like Henry) but a experienced goalscorer at least not some random unproven youngster.

They say that every season and look what happens. Lost a bit of sleep recently worrying about what we gonna do now.. luckily I'm off this summer.

Wenger has to sign a good striker, not to replace but a experienced goalscorer at least not some unproven youngster.

I'll be surprised if he does.

barnsley's top scorer last season, daniel nardiello is set to sign for QPR.

whilst i'm grateful for what he did at the end of the season, i can't help but feel insulted by choosing QPR over a new contract with barnsly, whilst im the first to admit that barnsley are hardly the most prestigious team around, i think we are a better club than QPR. oh well, i look forward to barnsley beating QPR twice next season.

Atletico say no Reds Torres offer

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says Liverpool have not tabled a bid for striker Fernando Torres.

Champions League finalists Liverpool have been closely linked with the 23-year-old Spain international.

"We've had no offer from Liverpool for Torres," said Cerezo. "He's on his holiday and resting.

"I repeat that there has been nothing about Torres from any team. We're now working to create a good team for the coming year," added Cerezo.

Torres, 23, scored 14 league goals in 36 starts this season as Atletico finished seventh in La Liga.

The Spanish international's Atletico contract runs until 2009.

Torres came up though the youth ranks at Atletico and has been their leading scorer in each of the last five seasons.

Taken From BBC Sport

Fair play. Althogh i am a liverpool fan i like the way you can laugh about it. To be honest henry has served arsenal well. He is 29 how long can he go injury free? i think he will have 2 years at barca and that will be it.

I've definitely got over the initial bitterness. My only grumble with his departure is how he used David Dein's departure as an excuse.

I'm now in the respecting phase, he's arguably the best player to ever play for us. He deserves some respect. I hope he does a good job at Barca, and I hope we meet the in the Champions League Final, Henry never scores in finals ;).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!