NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

You have a very good midfield aye and has the potential to be top but not just yet.

We shall wait and see hey, but plenty of signs points that the only way is up...

Their quality will show one way or the other

We didn't but we did grab Babel from under your noses ;)

Thats true, but we have the superior dutchman.

RVP

I think Ant's assessment of our midfield is a pretty fair one to be honest. And definately one of the best in the world, I'm struggling to think of teams who can match our central midfield options for quality and variety.

And it was super Tom against pompey, he was quality. Really like him as a player and his celebration yesterday was hilarious, I think he's really starting to enjoy playing for the team.

I agree, he's becoming one of my favourite players. He has a real confidence in him this year which has put him a class above what he was last year. Hleb hasn't done too bad this season either!

Wait what? O.o That's just madness tbh. lol

Madness?

This Is POTENTIAL!

Thats true, but we have the superior dutchman.

RVP

Marco Van Basten called Babel the best Under 21 he has ever seen...

Or something to that effect.

Either way I am happy with what Babel has shown, he deffo an Arsenal type player, but we have him and he shows great strength and quality

Madness?

This Is POTENTIAL!

Either way I am happy with what Babel has shown, he deffo an Arsenal type player, but we have him and he shows great strength and quality

Wait, wait, potential? Lets see what you wrote again.....

Best Overall CM in the world -Check Gerrard I assume? Not exactly working on potential there and it's still wrong.....

Best Passer in the EPL-Check Once again doesn't sound like potential, you are claiming a fact, it's wrong though....

Best Up and Coming DM In The world-Check Mascherano? Don't think so.. Hasn't even had a chance to show it this season either..... 76 mins?

Sissoko is Sissoko really... Singing praises right here.... :-/

Only one of the things you said had anything to do with potential.... All of it was miss-guided or just saying nothing at all really.....

As for Babel, lots of people say lots of things about people.... I personally think Cesc looked better at under 21.... Well that's now so yeah..... Cesc.... :-/

Wait, wait, potential? Lets see what you wrote again.....

Best Overall CM in the world -Check Gerrard I assume? Not exactly working on potential there and it's still wrong.....

Best Passer in the EPL-Check Once again doesn't sound like potential, you are claiming a fact, it's wrong though....

Best Up and Coming DM In The world-Check Mascherano? Don't think so.. Hasn't even had a chance to show it this season either..... 76 mins?

Sissoko is Sissoko really... Singing praises right here.... :-/

Only one of the things you said had anything to do with potential.... All of it was miss-guided or just saying nothing at all really.....

1st Off I Didn't think anything good their so I put potential to it

Secondly It's just a song but it does have alot of substance

Anyway Gerrard is the best CM in the EPL, He would walk into any team, and arguablly any team in Europe...

Alonso he is a world class player, his passing is a joy to see and is an exceptional player, of course your local rag will call him just another Spanish buy:indeed:

Mashcerano has been brilliant since he has been with us, besides he is in the Argentinian 1st team at just 23 and a regular at that, he is world class and will only get better. 'Nuff Said

Sissoko is far from, however he has his qualities, breaking up play which is a joy to watch, his running is gettin better and he is still young, I rate him and he is certainly good enough....

If you've seen Van Bastens hilarious management of the Dutch squad, I wouldnt trust a word he says.

If you've seen Van Bastens hilarious management of the Dutch squad, I wouldnt trust a word he says.

No but I seen his 'Probably one of the best players that has ever played football' matches ;)

Paul Scholes.

Age + Currently Ability = Gerrard

Scholes is brilliant but Gerrard is incredible and if Gerrard achieves what Scholes did at Manchester United he would of done well...

But Gerrard >>>> Every CM in England....

No but I seen his 'Probably one of the best players that has ever played football' matches ;)

So were Ruud Gullit and Glen Hoddle.

So were Ruud Gullit and Glen Hoddle.

Ah touche!

But still he is rated and We didn't pay £10 Million for Jack Shit...

My God all you freakin people trying to destroy this good vibe I have about my club...

Damn you

Damn you all to hell!

I dont know why you brought my name into this Ant, I seriously would never get carried away to a good start to a season, I know better then that - seen us fuck up come christmas too many times!

I agree though about Gerrard, pound for pound he is the best central midfielder in the premiership. But Liverpool fans really are getting carried away with the "Best midfield in the world chant," us and Chelsea both have superior midfields depth and future wise.

We have a kid thats just turned 20 who has already made an Appearance for the Brazil First team...

Gerrards Still Young, as is Alonso...

Mascherano is as well, Babel looks awesome, Leto looks superb...All young players with potential....

Fully fit in our midfield we have about 2 or 3 Internationals behind players in each position....

Of course I have not seen Manchester United's young midfield, and Chelsea's so I can't really vouch for them...

But I live safe in the knowledge that we have a half decent squad at least because we have won the youth cup twice on the bounce now...

and FFS It's just a song, we probably wouldn't of thought sang anything about them being the best in the world hadn't it been funny and genually a good song!

I must disagree with the best mid in the world. Its probably the narrowest mid in the world. if you remember utds best midfiel was keane, becks, giggs and scholes. i think chelsea have the best with lampard, SWP, Essien and meluda (was better with robben). untds medfield now is still fragile and has not gelled yet.

keep in mind i would have mascher and gerrard at utd any day but essien would top mascher and no room for alonso and sissoco.

i would have agreed if you said you have a good mid but not the best in the world.

I must disagree with the best mid in the world. Its probably the narrowest mid in the world.

Er, I think you'll find we're talking about central midfielders, so yes of course it is narrow. :indeed:

us and Chelsea both have superior midfields depth and future wise.

Name the players please.

Read a lovely story about Foster Gillett

Someone came into work today for an insurance valuation on some footy memorabilia. A severly handicapped lad and his parents who'd just met Foster Gillett . Foster had seen the lad and his parents at the stadium and asked them to wait 5 mins. Came back with one of Sami's match shirts and a ball signed by the team and had his photo taken with the family to help as provenance.

Makes you realise football isn't full of bastards *Looks at Motion*

Read a lovely story about Foster Gillett

Makes you realise football isn't full of bastards *Looks at Motion*

Thats one hell of a way to make a good impression. Seems like a nice guy that Gillett. Put a smile on my face on what can only be described as a dull morning.

Er, I think you'll find we're talking about central midfielders, so yes of course it is narrow. :indeed:

so your not talking about your first 4/5 in mid? your talking about depth and subs so any team can say something like that.

Utd: nani, ronaldo, giggs, scholes carrick and hargreeves

Chelsea: essien, mikel, lampard, cole, ballack, SWP and maluda

AC: kaka, guttuso, seedorf, pirlo and emmerson

barcelona: Xavi, ronaldinho, iniesta, deco and toure

i think all the above are in there for the best mid in the world, a mix of experiace and talent + class and you can make a complete mid from them.

i think liverpool still lack behind in terms of offecsive department in mid compared to the teams above but with no doubt, along with milan are the solidest team there.

You're all forgetting the best central midfield utility man.

THE FLAMINATOR!

42008202flaminigettyja7.jpg

so your not talking about your first 4/5 in mid? your talking about depth and subs so any team can say something like that.

Utd: nani, ronaldo, giggs, scholes carrick and hargreeves

Chelsea: essien, mikel, lampard, cole, ballack, SWP and maluda

AC: kaka, guttuso, seedorf, pirlo and emmerson

barcelona: Xavi, ronaldinho, iniesta, deco and toure

i think all the above are in there for the best mid in the world, a mix of experiace and talent + class and you can make a complete mid from them.

i think liverpool still lack behind in terms of offecsive department in mid compared to the teams above but with no doubt, along with milan are the solidest team there.

Liverpool: Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Mascherano, Pennant, Babel, Kewelll

You have pace, power, passing, tackling, Skill and a midfiielder who can break up the play, what more could you ask for?

Our Midfield might not be the best in the world in some peoples eyes, but it is a damn sight better than yours with the exception of Ronaldo.

Which the past few weeks have shown United rely more heavily on than we do Steven Gerrard

Anyway lets cut an end to this, I do believe we have arguabably one of the best Midfields in the league and possibily in Europe heck even the world.

Getting the final of Europes Premier Competition twice shouldn't work against you, but the league is where the plaudits will be won by the most stubborn of opposite fans.

Which we are doing alot better in than Manchester United at the moment.

I am confident in our midfield that we will be able to compete on all fronts and be at the forefront for teams wanting to win that competition....

Fucking hell, you're reading way too much into this. It's just a song, it's allowed to be a little bit biased doesn't have to be factually correct :indeed:. And you're still mentioning wingers and forwards, we're talking about pure central midfielders, a department you have to admit Liverpool are pretty strong in, however much you hate us.