NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

note that liverpool have almost a fit squad so far till gerrard was injured (why wasnt carraghar playing last game?). united have missed roony, saha and neville along with ronaldo. And yet we were still able to scrap points onto the table. i can see torres and bable getting injured and out for about 3 months. will happen in the next 5-6 games. should they keep a full squad then they will be strong competitors but when injuries kick in and they still get points, then ill truely concider them as compatition.

the EPL has always been a 2 horse race as far as i can remember. its alway united and someone else who is having a good season eg. blackburn, toons, ect bar teams like arsenal and chelsea. notice how liverpool dont come to mind......

(awaits rant from liverpool (the cup team) fans :p)

the EPL has always been a 2 horse race as far as i can remember. its alway united and someone else who is having a good season eg. blackburn, toons, ect bar teams like arsenal and chelsea. notice how liverpool dont come to mind......

The 01/02 and 05/06 seasons you fucking cock.

The 01/02 and 05/06 seasons you fucking cock.

Both years when Liverpool came 3rd if I remember correctly...

Top of the league with a game in hand on everyone except Arsenal (who haven't played anyone proper yet), best goal difference, most goals scored, least goals conceded (and they were both dodgy penalties). And all this with our best players not even in the team.

I'll celebrate all I want, thanks.

A bit off the mark there really..... I dunno what you consider a proper team, but, Blackburn and Man City, whilst not in the league of the top 4 are certainly not easy games... Well Man City I'm not so sure about over the season, but, they are looking decent.... Then to say Pompey don't count is stupid. They are traditionally a tough team to break down and I really hope Liverpool go there with your attitude, might just see them dropping some points. ;)

Both years when Liverpool came 3rd if I remember correctly...

Second in 01/02, third in 05/06 by one point only. Both decent seasons where we were in the title race for a good part of the season. I'm not sure where this myth has come from that Liverpool have been utter crap since 1992, we've been up there near enough every season, and have put together a few decent title fights.

Second in 01/02, third in 05/06 by one point only. Both decent seasons where we were in the title race for a good part of the season. I'm not sure where this myth has come from that Liverpool have been utter crap since 1992, we've been up there near enough every season, and have put together a few decent title fights.

I agree they haven't been utter crap since then, they just haven't had the success they achieved in the 80's, and everyone compares it back to that.

not title fight, but you did finish in the top 4 or top 6 many times.

Top of the league with a game in hand on everyone except Arsenal (who haven't played anyone proper yet), best goal difference, most goals scored, least goals conceded (and they were both dodgy penalties). And all this with our best players not even in the team.

I'll celebrate all I want, thanks.

You beat Derby 6-0. If you can even say their a team. DERBY, I mean come on, even the Spuds beat them 4-0.

Actually you might aswell enjoy being top, while you can.:heh:

not title fight, but you did finish in the top 4 or top 6 many times.

Then I must have been fucking dreaming when we were within touching distance of Arsenal at the end of the 01/02 season and we threw it away with a string of fucking stupid results.

Oh and...

liverpool (the cup team)

Yeah, such a cup team we've won more leagues than anyone else.

You're joking aren't you? Please say you are.

Im completely serious I would much rather have Martins in my team. Someone with pace, strength can score from anywhere on the pitch (not just 6 yards out), who if isn't setting up goals is providing them, has good build up play, a leathal right foot and can jump and head the ball surprisingly well.

If Manchester United had the same start as us

If Tevez scored the same goals as Torres

If Carrick had played as well as Mashcerano

If Fergie had got it Spot on Each game like Rafa

Hobbz, Max you will be rejoicing yourselves and I don't care what you say, you would of been because we have perfectly legimate reasons to wake up of a morning knowing Liverpool are on a roll, the fact is we are top of the league at this moment and would be even more clear had we beaten Chelsea.

The fact is we have had some excellent performances this season so far yes maybe the other day was only Derby but regardless it was a performance expected of Champions...

Us Liverpool fans have alot of cause for optomism....

Arbeloa looks incredible

Torres will only get better

Voronin looks like Bargin of the season

Without Gerrard we still look lethal

All our strikers are off the mark

We are yet to be beaten...

The past few weeks have shown that we have major strength in depth and as the season goes on this will become more evident.

I am not saying we have won the league by any stretch, I don't think anyone is but what the past few weeks has outlined to all Liverpool fans is that we have the squad, a manager and a new resolve about us that deserves the top spot currently. It's exciting times at ANfield on and off the pitch.

If we fuck it up and scrape into the UEFA Cup fool us

If we win the league and what not fool you.

Fact is we have many reasons to rejoice, and we are doing so.

You beat Derby 6-0. If you can even say their a team. DERBY, I mean come on, even the Spuds beat them 4-0.

Tell you what mate, I'll say something controversial here, something that makes your argument look shite, and you can fucking quote me on it at the end of the season if you want:

NOBODY ELSE WILL BEAT DERBY BY SIX GOALS THIS SEASON

If Manchester United had the same start as us

If Tevez scored the same goals as Torres

If Carrick had played as well as Mashcerano

If Fergie had got it Spot on Each game like Rafa

Hobbz, Max you will be rejoicing yourselves and I don't care what you say, you would of been, the fact is we are top of the league at this moment and would be even more clear had we beaten Chelsea.

The fact is we have had some excellent performances this season so far yes maybe the other day was only Derby but regardless it was a performance expected of Champions...

Us Liverpool fans have alot of cause for optomism....

Arbeloa looks incredible

Torres will only get better

Voronin looks like Bargin of the season

Without Gerrard we still look lethal

All our strikers are off the mark

We are yet to be beaten...

The past few weeks have shown that we have major strength in depth and as the season goes on this will become more evident.

I am not saying we have won the league by any stretch, I don't think anyone is but what the past few weeks has outlined to all Liverpool fans is that we have the squad, a manager and a new resolve about us that deserves the top spot currently. It's exciting times at ANfield on and off the pitch.

If we fuck it up and scrape into the UEFA Cup fool us

If we win the league and what not fool you.

Fact is we have many reasons to rejoice, and we are doing so.

Tis only 4 games in Ant, don't get too over excited. There'll be many twists thorughout the season. You never know, Benitez might get cocky and start rotating his whole team every match just like the past couple of years.

Fighting talk Demuwan, who do you support? :heh:

I support Arsenal mate, but I'm not brash enough or naive enough to start celebrating yet. Anyone with any sense will tell you theres still bloody long way to go before you can start celebrating, but there you go.

*wasn't directed at you btw : peace: *

Who do you support?

Tell you what mate, I'll say something controversial here, something that makes your argument look shite, and you can fucking quote me on it at the end of the season if you want:

Without stirring up shit we beat Roma, a much better team, by 6 goals.

stop living in the past mate. as morinho said last season if you remember, "we played 20 games while liverpool only play 6" coz all they do is focus on is one trophy. a cp team mate, a cup team for the past 15 years. i do agree that they can pull off great results but cant keep it going, not championship material for past years.

this season shows some concistancy but how long will it last?

Then I must have been fucking dreaming when we were within touching distance of Arsenal at the end of the 01/02 season and we threw it away with a string of fucking stupid results.

Oh and...

But football never excisted before 1992 remember, Don't you watch Sky Sports:wtf:

Liverpool have never been a cup team cups just always happend to be the only thing our squad has been capable of winning.

With 2 European Cup finals to boot

Go for the league

Fail

Go for the cups

It's the way it works for any team really...

We now have the squad to combat all fronts effectively....

You never know, Benitez might get cocky and start rotating his whole team every match just like the past couple of years.

YAWN. BORING. FUCK OFF.

Tis only 4 games in Ant, don't get too over excited. There'll be many twists thorughout the season. You never know, Benitez might get cocky and start rotating his whole team every match just like the past couple of years.

He might do, and we might win the league by doing that...

But football never excisted before 1992 remember, Don't you watch Sky Sports:wtf:

Liverpool have never been a cup team cups just always happend to be the only thing our squad has been capable of winning.

With 2 European Cup finals to boot

Go for the league

Fail

Go for the cups

It's the way it works for any team really...

We now have the squad to combat all fronts effectively....

So are there any weaknesses in your squad Ant, or do Liverpool have an absolutely perfect squad, as that seems to be what you're implying.

Thats not the point. The point is your getting excited about thrash an extremely poor side. You beat them 6-0 well done, but don't get carried away mate.

stop living in the past mate. as morinho said last season if you remember, "we played 20 games while liverpool only play 6" coz all they do is focus on is one trophy. a cp team mate, a cup team for the past 15 years. i do agree that they can pull off great results but cant keep it going, not championship material for past years.

this season shows some concistancy but how long will it last?

Mourinho is a tosser, if he said something bad about United you would be questioning his knowledge then?

Mourinho has had the squad to compete on all levels with £100's Millions

We haven't had the squad and we have had very little money

For what Rafa has had, he has done a marvellous job

If we were a cup team we would be going on about it before hand how we want to win the cups over the league...The league has always been and always will be our priority hence the reason Us LFC fans and the players and club say it before hand.

We have only won the cups because when it falls down it's the only thing we are in, because we bollocked up the league over the past 15 years either through a combo of Poor Managment or just a poor squad...

Oh yeh and how have Arsenal not played a proper team yet. Trying to say Portsmouth and Man City aren't 'proper' teams?