NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Because they're a scummy team, with scummy fans, with an even scummier chairman, who think because they're Leeds they deserve their points back regardless of whether they break the laws of football.

Quote about Ramar:

Good to see someone has their head screwed on when the Leeds Scum argument rears its head.

Hmm. That doesn't quite add up.

I personally dislike Leeds United because Elland Road is 30 minutes away from where I live (you know, local rivals and all that) and I know Leeds fans who are scum.

I've been to Elland Road when we have played Leeds and I've been to matches against Leeds at Oakwell, and whilst everytime team has wankers for fans, Leeds seem to have them in abundance.

I hope you do come up this season as you 100% deserve to but its mainly because you'll be good for 4 points again. :)

Hmm. That doesn't quite add up.

Indeed, whilst thinking Leeds are scummy, you can't help but have some respect for the fans who've stood by their club.

On a completely other note, can't believe MK Dons won the league, they're a disgrace of a club. Chairman moves Wimbledon to Milton Keynes, renames the club, gives back Wimbledon's honours to AFC Wimbledon, wins the league...

I'm sorry but what they've done there is stolen a club to gain league entry, where as any other town with a new team would have to start at the very bottom and work their way up not buy and relocate a team.

Indeed, whilst thinking Leeds are scummy, you can't help but have some respect for the fans who've stood by their club.

On a completely other note, can't believe MK Dons won the league, they're a disgrace of a club. Chairman moves Wimbledon to Milton Keynes, renames the club, gives back Wimbledon's honours to AFC Wimbledon, wins the league...

I'm sorry but what they've done there is stolen a club to gain league entry, where as any other town with which could be classed a new team would have to start at the very bottom and work their way up not buy and relocate a team.

Totally agree.

I know mate, I totally agree. The majority of Leeds fans are decent, loyal people.

Conzer just appeared to confuse me for you in saying that Leeds are scummy. Anyway, I love it when we play Leeds, always a good laugh with loads of banter (and dickheads).

MK Dons are a disgrace, I hope they get smashed in League 1 and suffer several relegations after that to end up where they deserve to be.

2-2 Villa, Everton. Not that I care but just if others do.

Have we not met? :wtf:

Lucky we came from behind, twice, to snatch a point. I didn't think we'd win.

But we've got Wigan next (I'm going, yay.) and Everton go to Arsenal. It's not over yet!

MK Dons are a disgrace, I hope they get smashed in League 1 and suffer several relegations after that to end up where they deserve to be.

The only reason MK Dons have done so well is because of their gaffer. When he truly shows his worth as a manager, the bigger teams will want him, and when he leaves Franchise F.C. they'll fall down again.

A.F.C. Wimbledon for the win.

I saw an AFC Wimbledon fan yesterday, then when I saw MK Dons won the league, I felt gutted for that guy.

Have we not met? :wtf:

Lucky we came from behind, twice, to snatch a point. I didn't think we'd win.

Yeh, but I doubt anyone would need to tell you the score.:smile:

Why should Leeds get points back?

They have done something wrong, nobody else would get their points back.

Why should they be any different.

Team of the year

James

Sagna

Clichy

Ferdinand

Vidic

Gerrard

Fabregas

Ronaldo

Young

Torres

Adebayor

Would have had Santa Cruz instead of Adebayor personally, and possibly Carvalho instead of Vidic in spite of yesterday.

Team is pretty fair in my opinion.

Ronaldo winning player of the year was a no brainer too.

Anyone been following whats going on with Bournemouth? It's pretty amazing, in January they were bottom of League One, 17 points from safety, plus they've had a 10 point deduction for going into Administration.

Since then they've had a bunch of good results, including a 1-2 victory away at league champions Swansea, and 2-0 against 3rd placed Nottingham Forest.

They are now 1 point from safety, if they win their last game, they need Cheltenham to draw or lose, or Crewe to lose and they'll stay up, and if they draw and Cheltenham lose they'll stay up on goal difference.

Cheltenham have a much harder game, and in the last 8 games Bournemouth have won 7, the best out of the entire league.

If they stay up, it really will be amazing.

Indeed, I seem to have mixed up quotes from ramar and red_shift.

Why should Leeds get points back?

They have done something wrong, nobody else would get their points back.

Why should they be any different.

What exactly have Leeds done wrong. Can ANYBODY (including the Football League) actually show where we did something wrong.

The answer is no - its why the FA stepped in to put it to an independent arbitration panel to stop this ending up in the Courts of Law.

Bournemouth did exaclty what we did and were'nt docked 15 points. There will be an awful lot of legal fallout whichever way the decision goes, ut ultimately it's because the FL acted like dickheads when sanctioning and imposing a penalty for something that they hadn't written in their rulebook. The insolvency guidelines in football need to be rewritten and updated because Leeds managed to find a loophole but were then punished illegally.

I thought that Evra should have got the left back position but I guess it was a pretty close call.

Interesting comments regarding the Leeds points saga. I'm a Leeds fan and it seems very few people (myself included) can state exactly why Leeds were deducted 15 points.

We were deducted 10 points the season before for going into administration, and another 15 this season. That's 25 in total. Seems a little over the top. I believe the problem is that we are the first to break these certain "rules" and therefore no penalty has ever been given before. As far as I know Bournemouth and Luton have broken the same rules and should receive the same punishment, which may of course change depending on the ruling over the next couple of days.

I can't rightfully say whether we should get any points back. However, I think we will get some, 5 being most likely, which is just not enough to send us up in the automatic promotion places. I partly believe this as 5 points won't upset any other teams, whereas if we get 10+ I dread to think the backlash. The FL won't want any of that to deal with.

As far as I know, Leeds got deducted 15 points because you went into administration after you had already been relegated thus the 10 point deduction for going into administration was effectively worthless. Boston United also did the same thing as you last season but they did not get deducted an extra 15 points instead they get relegated an extra league down.

As far as I know, Leeds got deducted 15 points because you went into administration after you had already been relegated thus the 10 point deduction for going into administration was effectively worthless. Boston United also did the same thing as you last season but they did not get deducted an extra 15 points instead they get relegated an extra league down.

I've also heard this and it seems ridiculous. We were deducted 10 points for administration after we were relegated from the Championship and they didn't like it so deducted us another 10 the following season? Give us our points back...

Shit, I predicted 7-0 Arsenal. What have Derby gone and done...scored..

3-2 Arsenal atm.

Edit: 3 seconds after I post; 4-2.

Edit: You're taking the P now. 5-2

6-2. Adebayor class.

3-2 Arsenal atm.

Edit: 3 seconds after I post; 4-2.

Edit: You're taking the P now. 5-2

6-2. Adebayor class.

Indeed he is!! Entertaining enough, I think we are the only team to score 5 or more past Derby both games... although I think we are the only team other than Portsmouth, Newcastle and Fulham, we are the only team to conceded two against them in a match!

Ah, well it's Adebayor's second hat-trick, and his second hat-trick against Derby :heh:

And well taken Theo :D

Derby got 2 goals against them? My prediction would have been so close if they were so intent on not being the worst team in history.

Did you put a bet on it? If you want a really far out bet, Arsenal are currently 150/1 to lift the Premier League Trophy :heh:

Might be worth a shout just because of those odds, but then those odds are like that for a reason.

That was my understanding of it, they rushed their administration so it wouldn't affect them the next season. Which is wrong. Luton who ever mentioned them done something completely different, their old Chairman was a dodgy **** and was paying agents and good knows who to get players.

As for us tonight, we were crap and still ruined Derby, says it all about them really. I can't believe mathematically we could still win the league, Chelsea's result was a blessing in disguise. Now all I have to do is pray to the football gods for 4 minor miracles. ;)

As for us tonight, we were crap and still ruined Derby, says it all about them really. I can't believe mathematically we could still win the league, Chelsea's result was a blessing in disguise. Now all I have to do is pray to the football gods for 4 minor miracles. ;)

Indeed we were, we didn't really look too bothered, and it should have been more than 6, but hey, it says more things about Derby than anything! I'll be there praying too, how crazy would it be! Although I don't really bet, I may take up that 150/1

Sky Sports News are aparantley reporting that Sven is about to leave Man City, joke of a club if thats true tbh.