NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

willing to bet that everyone moaning about a player who hasnt played a match since November should be getting his 100th cap just because hes on 99. Where the same ones who frothed at the mouth whenever Sven dared to make some substitutions in friendly matches.

The England squad is pretty good, mix of old, regular, and new, and I'm indifferent towards Beckham, to be honest, and I'm pleased to see the return of Barry! I love him! :heh:

But WHERE THE FUCK IS ROBERT GREEN? WHERE??

Other than that, I like Capello so far.

You don't need robert green. David James is awesome!!

Ah Man why doesnt Agbonlahor choose Scotland instead!

we need a striker like him.

Agbonlahor had three choices: England, Scotland and Nigeria.

Who would you choose?

The national team where you'll play more games, but have less chance of reaching a major tournament due to the small amount of quality in the squad. Which means that as a regular in the national team, you won't try to become better if you're already good enough to play for your national team.

Or,

The national team where you won't play in many games, but will have more chance of reaching a major tournament because of the quality in the squad. And the fact that you play less games for the country, and the quality in the squad, means you'll try to become better in order to get in the squad, and play more games.

willing to bet that everyone moaning about a player who hasnt played a match since November should be getting his 100th cap just because hes on 99. Where the same ones who frothed at the mouth whenever Sven dared to make some substitutions in friendly matches.

Im willing to bet against and it's more to do with the fact that most people would like to see the man given his 100th cap as thanks for all his hard work and what better time to do it than a pointless friendly against switzerland at wembley in front of a home crowd.

Then you can go on to build the team ready for world cup qualifications with or without Beckham.

Well here is the latest on Defoe/Benjani;

Harry Redknapp feels signing Jermain Defoe and allowing Benjani Mwaruwari to join Manchester City will take Portsmouth forward.

Benjani has been holding talks with City, while Defoe is arriving at Fratton Park to discuss a move from Tottenham Hotspur.

Pompey's bid for the England international has been accepted and the striker is deciding whether to link up with Redknapp again, having worked with him at West Ham United.

Redknapp is hoping to push through the deal before the close of the transfer window, but admits Benjani will not join City, if Defoe fails to sign on the dotted line.

Top player

"Hopefully it will be okay," Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "He's arriving here any minute, so hopefully we can get something done.

"It's all ready to go. We've got to sort out a few bits with him and hopefully it will be sorted out tonight.

"If we don't do a deal with Jermain then Benji won't go. Benji's done great for me, don't get me wrong, he's a good player.

"When I brought him here, everybody criticised him early on, but he's been terrific for me.

"Jermain, I know, I think he's a top player, I really do. I signed him as a kid at West Ham, so I'm hoping to get a deal done.

"As long as we get him it will just keep us moving forward with players and I think he will be a great signing for us. He wants to play."

I will be gutted if Benjani is going, bring Defoe in sure...but as an addition not a replacement. I do not think Defoe can handle the physical side of the game because of his side and benefits from playing up front with a target man, who can take the bruises and create space for him...but seem as we only play with one striker that doesn't work. I just don't get the logic of at this stage of the season selling a striker who has joined the elite club of scoring two hat-tricks in one season and has played really well for a striker who has hardly played and doesnt fit into our system.

Im willing to bet against and it's more to do with the fact that most people would like to see the man given his 100th cap as thanks for all his hard work and what better time to do it than a pointless friendly against switzerland at wembley in front of a home crowd.

Then you can go on to build the team ready for world cup qualifications with or without Beckham.

we've got Scotland and Germany in the summer at Wembley he'll get it then blatantly.

and I'm sure Beckham would much rather earn his 100th cap rather than just have it handed to him

we've got Scotland and Germany in the summer at Wembley he'll get it then blatantly.

But by then I would hope that a solid midfield was working together with the likes of wright-phillips, lennon or bentley on the right wing.

I hope Beckham does get it, im sure he will but I just think getting it out of the way now would be better otherwise all the papers are gonna be on the FA and capellos case before every team selection and its gonna do my head in.

when did the last day of the transfer window become a proper event? it's brilliant!

barnsley have made some great signings today, got anderson de silva on a permanent from everton, lewin nyatanga back from derby on loan with a view to a permanent and got tony warner in on loan from fulham for a month whilst our keeper is out injured!

i expect us to climb the table again now with those guys in the team. dare i say the play-offs?

defoe has signed for portsmouth...:yay:benjani gone to city...:(

No he didn't..

Manchester City have confirmed that the proposed transfer of Portsmouth striker Benjani to the Blues was unsuccessful.

City spokesman Paul Tyrrell said, "Due to the late arrival of the player in Manchester we were unable to complete the transfer."

Was hoping we'd get a centre back on loan at the last minute, but whilst at work last night I couldn't think of anyone worth bringing in.

No he didn't..

Was hoping we'd get a centre back on loan at the last minute, but whilst at work last night I couldn't think of anyone worth bringing in.

You see there was one point where it was up on the man city OS that he had signed...something has gone wrong somewhere...

You see there was one point where it was up on the man city OS that he had signed...something has gone wrong somewhere...

Ah, that makes sense. I guess speculation was because of what Harry said, and had Benjani got to Man City with enough time to thrash out a deal then he'd have moved. Luckily or unluckily as the case may be he didn't.

Just bought tickets for our home game against Villa on March 1st, sold like bloody hot cakes. I usually can easily get three tickets (me, my brother and my friend) behind the north goal upper. Not today, I've had to go for the shitty south upper. I guess it's because the team is playing well, and that after this game we have like 5 or 4 home games.

Ah, that makes sense. I guess speculation was because of what Harry said, and had Benjani got to Man City with enough time to thrash out a deal then he'd have moved. Luckily or unluckily as the case may be he didn't.

Just bought tickets for our home game against Villa on March 1st, sold like bloody hot cakes. I usually can easily get three tickets (me, my brother and my friend) behind the north goal upper. Not today, I've had to go for the shitty south upper. I guess it's because the team is playing well, and that after this game we have like 5 or 4 home games.

I wish I was a silver member.....

I did manage to get tickets for my sister and I for the Blackburn game on the 11th. Can't wait. :smile:

Oh me gosh, five Villa players in Capello's 1st England team. :grin:

I was so happy, I completely forgot about Beckham. :woops:

I am happy aswell :)

I can't believe Beckham isn't in the England squad. There's no way there are 30 English players who are better than him or have performed better for England than him.

My God, Man United have been awful against Tottenham! Passes have been going astray all afternoon and Spurs definitely deserve to be in front, even if Lennon did handball it in the build up to their goal.

Fergie had better rip into them at half time because I've never watched a live game where they've played so poorly!

Fucking get in! Last kick of the game equaliser! Tevez you legend!

giggs was horrible, he has been for past 3-4 games. point gained rather than lost. anderson and nani to start from now on, personally, didnt think giggs should have been kept this season. appreciate his service and all but its about the club and a dead duracell battery aint gonna power up anything once its finished.

need to reshape and get back on track, its hunting time.

When I read the results I read it as "Man Utd 1 - 3 Arsenal" and thought that the season was already over.

Well Giggs has played pretty poor recently but then sometimes he pulls something from the hat and makes you think he's still got it. Not sure if I like Nani, yes he has a great strike but I don't think he's confident at taking players on.

Was the Tevez goal any good? get in. At least the prem is still in our hands

Well having Gary Mac back at Elland Road surely didn't help us one little bit.

0-2 against Tranmere.

Our season is going downhill fast...

Well having Gary Mac back at Elland Road surely didn't help us one little bit.

0-2 against Tranmere.

Our season is going downhill fast...

I was there. The first half wasn't bad, the second was shit.