NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Thats a cheap cop out. If we can't compare two players of the same position, then what can we compare, length of hair, eye colour?..

Rio always reminds me of: gal_sm-t23.jpg

Rio always reminds me of: gal_sm-t23.jpg

LMAO. Rio's 'beak' has always reminded me of this fellow

bigbirdbi4.jpg

From neutral perspective.

Carragher > Rio

Any day of the week.

So very very true.

The Liverpool fans catalyst 9/10 of the arguments in this thread.

..don't bunch us all together :red:

Why is Steven Taylor blaming Bentley and Agbonlahor for going AWOL? Is he just trying to put the blame on someone else when really it's their own fault for conceding a goal a minute before full-time. I reckon he is.

Besides, wasn't Bentley injured? And MON didn't want Agbonlahor to play in the Tournament because of how much he played for Villa this season.

I hope he doesn't go, would rather he stayed. Like Saha, the problem with Smith is keeping him fit.

Bear in mind it's The Mirror though...

I saw it reported in the BBC Football Gossip page, but I take it that they just do a roundup of what all the papers are saying.

Why is Steven Taylor blaming Bentley and Agbonlahor for going AWOL? Is he just trying to put the blame on someone else when really it's their own fault for conceding a goal a minute before full-time. I reckon he is.

Besides, wasn't Bentley injured? And MON didn't want Agbonlahor to play in the Tournament because of how much he played for Villa this season.

Scotland need to call up Agbonlahor and play him so he cannot play for England. Agbonlahor should seriously consider it as he is never gonna break into the England squad.

oh and Steven Taylor should be questioning why England are technically poor and cannot keep the ball.

Scotland need to call up Agbonlahor and play him so he cannot play for England. Agbonlahor should seriously consider it as he is never gonna break into the England squad.

Given the choice, Agbonlahor will want to play for England, and I reckon he will, he played an absolute blinder this season and if he continues to play as well as that in the next few years, then he must be in the England squad.

But then, he does play for the Villa, so...

if he plays that well how long will he be playing for villa?

Being a Villa fan himself, he'll probably want to stay for the rest of his career, like what Ian Taylor and Lee Hendrie planned to do before him, only to be sold when they reached their thirties, so I'd say he'll be at Villa for 10 years.

Bentley refused to play for his country.

Torres bid laughed off by agent

Fernando Torres agent has laughed off Liverpool's bid for the Spanish striker. Antonio Sanz, who represents the 23-year-old hot-shot, says Liverpool's bid of £16m plus Luis Garcia falls well short of his valuation of Torres. Sources at Anfield have confirmed that the Spaniard is now the number one transfer target, but Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will have to dig deep into the club's pockets if he wants to land the striker.

Benitez could also face a tough task of luring Torres away from Spain after Sanz told a Spanish radio station he was happy to stay at Athletico Madrid.

Sanz said: "The supposed offering of £16m plus Luis Garcia is very insufficient if you keep in mind that Fernando guarantees you 15 goals per year, especially when Nani, an unknown player, cost Manchester United £20m.

"Also, Fernando does not want to leave Athletico Madrid and they do not want Fernando to leave them.

"The situation is the same as it was last summer and Fernando is flattered by the interest from Liverpool and the other large clubs from Italy.

"But he is happy at Athletico and confident of succeeding in Europe with them."

http://www.24dash.com/sport/22782.htm

Bentley refused to play for his country.

He said that he was tired, a good season at Blackburn, then an England U21 against Italy, then the England B match, then he was called-up for the games against Brazil and Estonia.

Maybe he was a bit knackered.

I disagree and think the freak leg break is too active in your memory. Because bar that one off, he rarely has long time off injured. Smithy will be a big loss to us

Saha = injury prone.

But im glad fergie is keeping him, cos when hes fit he is amazing.

But he has spent a long time out due to that injury, and therefore his fitness has suffered. That is what has cost him dearly, because he has missed a lot of time due to this. How long was he out for, roughly?!

You fail to recognise my point mate, you spoke of Smith like he was injury prone. When infact, he has just had 1 serious injury in his career and before that rarely missed a game due to his fitness levels.

Saha on the otherhand is guarenteed a lengthy injury per season

The thing is, once a player does come back from a serious injury, it takes a while for them to get back into their stride. Look at Heinze, he is a shadow of what he once was, and his fitness levels are nowhere near as good as they once were.

With Smith, to me anyway, I'd like to see him stay and work on getting his fitness sorted, because he can definitely do a lot with us. True, Saha is very, very injury prone, but then I think he will always be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes Saha will come up with the goods, other games he will miss from 6 yards out.

I think when you look at Saha's form at the start of this season, he looked world class at times. But his fitness always makes him frustrating, as you are just waiting for him to go off.

I still think Heinze has been on good form this season tbh with you, still has looked agressive as ever, I have not seen the dip as much as you have.

And the Roma game said it all with Alan Smith, he is back! Just needs the opportunities

That is frustrating about Saha, he just needs to stay fit and he'll be a great player for us.

Heinze has been good, but he is being overshadowed by the in-form Evra. He really needs to step up his game if he wants to stay with us (word has it he's off to Madrid :()

And yeah, Smith played a blinder against Roma, and I would love him to stay. I don't want him to leave, but I think he really needs to step up his game, like Heinze, to prove that he can perform. Consistency.