NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Apple_NdiB

Complete lack of respect

So you thought you'd start an argument about people starting arguments? Nice one, fucktard.

So you thought you'd start an argument about people starting arguments? Nice one, fucktard.

Aren't you a big man.

(See what I did there>)

This thread was never about the problem with arguing. It was about when debates and arguing get out of control and become namecalling. Thanks for giving us a great example of the kinds of posters Duncan was talking about.

Thanks for giving us a great example of the kinds of posters Duncan was talking about.

You're welcome.

Oh the irony

I think that the fact a thread about how we should maybe cool it down, and start to respect each other, turning into a thread full of posts with insults and swear words is pretty sad.

The original poster didn't name names and yet some of you can't help but jump in with the blame game. I think some of the petty differences people have with each other on here should be left on MSN or what have you. Seriously it's like a school yard and most people come on here to get away from that kind of stuff.

Respect is earned, not inherent.

My choice for quote of the year. :)

The idea of respect being automatic is one thing, but the idea of things being automatically respected, and then forbidden from being questioned is just total bullshit.

To be brutal: this place attracts the wrong kind of people for the atmosphere you want. Too young, over-opinionated, under-read.

My choice for quote of the year. :)

The idea of respect being automatic is one thing, but the idea of things being automatically respected, and then forbidden from being questioned is just total bullshit.

You should respect everyone, unless they've made something that makes them unworthy of respect. Otherwise, we'd all be dicks to everyone.

Respect is earned, not inherent.

I'd say there's a base level of common decency, though. You shouldn't disrespect people by default.

I've never understood the point of trash-talking, name calling, and all the other playground tactics that get bandied around on the 'net. For one thing it's basically an admission of defeat, and for another it's an abuse of privilege; just because you can get away with insulting people on here doesn't mean you should.

If that doesn't stop people arguing nothing will.

Except for a a game of global thermonuclear war/tictactoe.

Foxtrot, Alpha, Sierra, Tango

Listen up peeps I'm eating me mango

Alpha Papa Papa Lima Echo

Da banana attacks in da pomegranite ghetto

Da sun and moon in mercury,

Dancing round da organge like a burglary,

Ticking and tapping like the heart of a tap,

Papya and strawbery juicin on the lap,

Till da next time when me dog is unwell

Me bang the gong and ring the bell

Respeck!!

You have returned!

*Dances*

This forum is very tame compared to many others, trust me.

Considering it's target agegroup then no.

Considering it's target agegroup then no.

Ohhhhh, it is. We have only a limited number of trolls and evidence from the sexuality thread shows that we don't laugh in the face of others. While there are forums that are ven more liad back than us the internet does get a lot worse.

Ohhhhh, it is. We have only a limited number of trolls and evidence from the sexuality thread shows that we don't laugh in the face of others. While there are forums that are ven more liad back than us the internet does get a lot worse.

Not laid back enough for me, not by a long shot.

i think one of the worst threads for this is the mac vs pc thread

Once you start arguing you are bound for more arguments. Unless you stop returning the flavor, you will end up arguing till the day grows old.

Flaming is a part of the internet experience yes, but its not improving it by any means. Theres a reason why some games incorporate a ignore button into their interface.

But returning the flavor causes only more annoyment for yourself I believe. Flamers need to flame because otherwise they would blow up from bottled up frustration and anger.

Not laid back enough for me, not by a long shot.

You could lend us some of that special green plat that you keep posting on the Purchases thread. That might mellow us up a bit.

Have you ever considered why these people feel the need to pick fights?

No

To be honest, I don't see anything new on these boards in regards to bitching and ass-kissing. Just different sigs are attached to the guys who do it today than the guys who did it several years ago.

... I've tried to write another paragraph here like three times, but ultimately all I have to say is that who really cares :/ This used to be, like, my life! I used to come on here, post like 30 times a day... But now I average less than a post a day. The arguments don't phase me, it's more about the average thread quality. Either they'll be about meaningless things, or stuff I don't like, or already 5 pages long so I can't be arsed to catch up and check that my point hasn't already been made.

SO yeah... Uh... Dunno. Carry on :)

Sign in to follow this