NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
UK

Most beautiful natural sight

What is your favourite natural site? Mine is the stars. They are beautiful. Go and have a look ate them tonight (if they're out), and admire their beauty.

The grand canyon and white sandy beaches come close, though...

Scanning electron micrographs of radiolarians.

eg.

Radiolarian.jpg

Don't know if that counts.

*resists temptation to post pic of self*

Lol, of all the people who I've asked, none said that!

Aurora borealis (Northern Lights)

alaska-aurora-borealis.jpg

Something I'd love to go and see someday!

New Zealand.

True! Again, somewhere I'd love to go someday!

aw this is a cute thread. So innocent.

Am have never seen much natural sites like grand canyon bar tv. it has got to be the sunrise in the mediterraen(i can't spell ok!):) So lovely:)

There used to be a really nice abandoned quarry behind my old house that had filled up with water and turned into a lake. Had some old concrete radar dishes used in the war and looked amazing at sunset, I'll have to see if I can dig out some pics.

I've currently got this as my desktop background.

wallpaper71024di3.jpg

I'm sure I can think of something else though.

Just plain scenery. For my photography coursework I did a guy called Ansel Adams, the stuff he took picutres of were amazing.

Helped by the fact they were all so sharp and nothing was out of focus.

Boobs.

Also, the Hubble telescope took some really nice shots from our universe. They look absolutely breathtaking, and make you think about existence.

p0525ab.jpg

p0515ab.jpg

0028b.jpg

0006b.jpg

9904b.jpg

And those are just a few!

Id agree with the stars, do love just looking at them occassionally.
Yeah, so much of Space is beautiful!

This must be the most incredible sight EVER for anyone lucky enough to experience it!

Earth%20from%20Moon.jpg

Saturn

177952main_pia08948_detail.jpg

Young stars being born from the constellation Orion

178349main_image_feature_837_ys_4.jpg

Also, one of my favourites, The Horsehead Nebula

nasa.horsehead.gif

I love those images of space, I love all the pictures I've seen of space. Theres something within them which makes them so nice to look at.

Even looking at space art on deviant art, even though its not real it looks amazing.

Some great pics coming up on here, think I might find a new background from the Hubble site, things like this are just amazing:

640_wallpaper.jpg

Gaping Gill Main Chamber:

dscn3315s.jpg

...er, OK it looks a bit crap there. Photos can't really do it justice to be honest, I thought it was incredible when I was there is person. I think caves in general are beautiful, but then I'm a bit odd.

You're going to have to use your imagination a bit for this one, as the colour in my photos has really washed out. Plus I didn't have my camera on me the for most stunning ocasion.

valley2.JPG

That is a place in Ecuador, in the northern andes. The colours should be far more vibrant, and there was alot more than just green and brown. The instance that this was the most beautiful thing I have seen was a sunset, with really orange light shining on the ground and the largest range of colour I have ever seen in a sunset, it was also suprisingly clear, so you could see the volcanoes clearly smoking in the back ground. I just stood there gawping for about 15 minutes.

I am a big fan of mountains in general though, that picture of the alps Moria posted is incredible.

This is a picture I particularly like from National Geographic, although the quality of work is so good that everything looks beautifull, but to me the conrast in this one really makes it stand out. It is Grand Teton park in the USA.

grand_teton.JPG

0006b.jpg

Is that thing at the left giving us the finger?

178349main_image_feature_837_ys_4.jpg

Wow it looks kind of like a face.

This must be the most incredible sight EVER for anyone lucky enough to experience it!

Earth%20from%20Moon.jpg

Start of random rant about that pic

Thats an amazing pic, I got a little rush from seeing it lol.

I just wonder, wouldn't you feel kind of like your just really really high up? I know that sounds wierd but when i imagine standing their it makes me think it would feel like standing on the edge of a skyscraper kind of thing.

End of random rant.

My cheesy but true first answer has got to be my girlfriend :love:

After looking at some of those pictures my non soppy answer has to be space (but my woman still takes top spot! :grin: )

Sunset pwns Sunrise, and Caris' picture shows this. I would love to watch in on the white sandy beaches of Tampa, while waiting for the Stars...

I didn't really "get" how far the moon is from us untill I saw this picture

earth_and_moon_1024.jpg

120604293_f1ad25975b_b.jpg

(BELOW) this image doesn't do it no justice at all, but this is the most amazing city in europe, prague, it rocks. I even got attacked by a tramp just to the left of the picture!:yay:

PRPLAZ27.JPG

golden_gate_bridge.jpg

Grand_Canyon_South_Rim_Sunset.jpeg

Sign in to follow this