NEurope
Retro_Link

Konami = Idiots!

Can't say I care about Silent Hill. Konami are working on Pro Evo for the Wii which should be good, and if they could give us some Castlevania then I'd be happy enough with them.

It's the games that attract consumers & sell consoles.

Seems as though Konami have the same view of the Wii as the Cube; and don't realise that games sell consoles.

Bah...Apart from Metal Gear and Pro Evo, what else is Konami good for? Most of their other titles have a superior alternative from another developer. Compared with Resident Evil, Silent Hill is sloppy.

There is only one thing I really want from Konami: MGS.

Make MGS 2: Tripple snakes and MGS 3: Original snake or sumtin', and I'll be happy.

Or a 3D remake of the original Metal Gear...

Must say, of all the Japanese developers Konami seem to be most behind on the Wii.

Hell, they seem to generally be the most behind. Beside MGS4 they really don't have alot going for them, and the 360 / Ps3 PES's while good once again just look like an extension of the PS2 games. I think they're addressing that next year though.

To me, if you want to be successful on the Wii you've got to take risks and show no fear. Dewy's Adventure was a complete flop sales-wise, so although you can forgive Konami for being reserved I just think you've got to produce games above to scale and quality of Dewy's Adventure to reap the rewards.

Anywho, Elebits was fun, do Konami have any more upcoming games other then PES Wii?

they only see the good royalties they get at Sony and Microsoft and i think Nintendo's Royalties are not enough for them. <--- this is just a speculation not a fact. unless some one can confirm it for me

they only see the good royalties they get at Sony and Microsoft and i think Nintendo's Royalties are not enough for them. <--- this is just a speculation not a fact. unless some one can confirm it for me

From whatever I've read or heard, apparently sony charge the highest rate for royalties. Saying that, Konami can probably hold sony for ransom with the whole issue regarding MGS4's exclusivity.

I'm pretty lost with Konami at the moment, to me it just feels like they're not doing anything at all nowadays, except MGS4.

To me, if you want to be successful on the Wii you've got to take risks and show no fear. Dewy's Adventure was a complete flop sales-wise, so although you can forgive Konami for being reserved I just think you've got to produce games above to scale and quality of Dewy's Adventure to reap the rewards.

Well it's the Xmas selling period, and their game got a bad IGN review, so it's hardly surprising.

Surley this tells them that the Wii isn't all kiddie if Dewy sold shit in the US.

Well it's the Xmas selling period, and their game got a bad IGN review, so it's hardly surprising.

Surley this tells them that the Wii isn't all kiddie if Dewy sold shit in the US.

It flopped even more in Japan, and didn't really get a bad reception, just a mediocre one.

I think the bigger problem was the game had no advertising and no coverage. Most Wii owners probably don't even know what the game is, and those who do probably realise there are much better games coming soon.

That's what hurts me, cause the art style and gameplay could have so easily been marketed really well, instead Konami just completely ignored that potential. If you look at the successful third party games, they've all had alot more promotion and don't have this 'second tier' type feel to them when they were released.

Bah...Apart from Metal Gear and Pro Evo, what else is Konami good for? Most of their other titles have a superior alternative from another developer. Compared with Resident Evil, Silent Hill is sloppy.

Exactly, all of the good knomai franchises seemed to die back oafter the SNES.

Dewy's Adventure. What a crock of shite. Castlevania, Probotector, MGS, Gradius, Parodius, Axelay, Lethal Enforcers - NO! We get that shit.

Personally I hope Konami's development costs on the PS3 means that they make no money at all.

Exactly, all of the good knomai franchises seemed to die back oafter the SNES.

Dewy's Adventure. What a crock of shite. Castlevania, Probotector, MGS, Gradius, Parodius, Axelay, Lethal Enforcers - NO! We get that shit.

Personally I hope Konami's development costs on the PS3 means that they make no money at all.

My sentiments EXACTLY.

(Also want to add Goeman to your list).

My sentiments EXACTLY.

Crikey, all would be forgiven if Goeman is announced for a sequel on the Wii.

Contra 4 looks awesome too, at least they seem to be pretty on the ball with the DS.

that silent hill comment is old isnt it? Is it a different person i remember complaining about this before.

Obviously the person banging on about Silent Hill not selling well on the Wii knows jack-shit about the huge new mature audience it has pulled in and the impressive sales of most of the third-party software.

Their lost i guess. :heh:

that silent hill comment is old isnt it? Is it a different person i remember complaining about this before.
Yeah if you check the first page/interview, they are different people.

That's why I brought back the thread, because even all this time on and with the Wii's proven success, Konami are still coming up with the same comments about hardcore games not having a home on Wii etc...

Hmm I wonder what would make Konami more money on the Wii, DDR or Silent Hill?

Obviously DDR would, so what would be the point of taking people off games to work on a new Silent Hill game? (unless you want a port of the ancient PS2 games).

Factor in that maybe the sucess of Resident Evil 4 might mean that people have already got a horror survival game and won't bother picking Silent Hill up.

Hmm I wonder what would make Konami more money on the Wii, DDR or Silent Hill?

Obviously DDR would, so what would be the point of taking people off games to work on a new Silent Hill game? (unless you want a port of the ancient PS2 games).

How do we know that? DDR: Hottest Party has sold moderately, and while I think DDR can be very successful on the Wii in the long term, at the moment it's not got a price point that suits the sort of people who might want the game.

Factor in that maybe the sucess of Resident Evil 4 might mean that people have already got a horror survival game and won't bother picking Silent Hill up.

That's the worst logic ever, if a type of game is successful on a console are you saying they shouldn't make more in that genre? It shows that Survival-horror games are popular on the Wii and so companies should want to make more.

Just like all the GTA clones sold well on PS2, FPS's on the X360 and minigame compilations have a good market on the Wii. If anything it shows Konami should put Silent Hill on the Wii as the market is screaming for it.

That's the worst logic ever, if a type of game is successful on a console are you saying they shouldn't make more in that genre? It shows that Survival-horror games are popular on the Wii and so companies should want to make more.

Just like all the GTA clones sold well on PS2, FPS's on the X360 and minigame compilations have a good market on the Wii. If anything it shows Konami should put Silent Hill on the Wii as the market is screaming for it.

Exactly!

Everyone on 360 has Halo 3, so what are they not gonna want COD4, Half Life: Orange Box, Haze etc...

Dewys adventure is a good game, but it gets a lot of heat since it wasnt Metal Gear Wii or Silent Hill when it was annouced

IGN's review of it is total bollocks too.

Exactly!

Everyone on 360 has Halo 3, so what are they not gonna want COD4, Half Life: Orange Box, Haze etc...

The reason why I won't be buying COD4 and Haze is the fact that I will have Halo 3 and Haze, a number of my friends have also stated that they won't be buying because they already have Halo.

And the only reason the GTA clones are selling well is because GTA IV isn't out, if they were to release Saints Row 2 at the same time as GTA the sales would no where near match the sales of the orginal.

And the only reason the GTA clones are selling well is because GTA IV isn't out, if they were to release Saints Row 2 at the same time as GTA the sales would no where near match the sales of the orginal.

Well then I think it's fair to say Silent Hill (or another Survival horror) could easily sell pretty well, seeing as RE4 was a while ago and was still a port of a 2 year old game :/.

Fatal Frame 4 should have me covered anyway.

My sentiments EXACTLY.

Very good point.

Silet hill = shite resident evil

Why are the fanboys getting so worked up? Who gives a shit about Konami? At the end of the day, it's their loss.

Silet hill = shite resident evil

Not really. Silent Hill is better, in terms of actual horror and scares, Resident Evil seems to have become an action series with its most recent games, and less about horror itself.

Silent Hill is what Resident Evil used to be.

I Blame Nintendo too

They say "This game is for family, blablablablabla" and give the wrong picture of what Nintendo is

Nintendo wants Advertise, Konami fucks Nintendo xD

Why are the fanboys getting so worked up? Who gives a shit about Konami? At the end of the day, it's their loss.

Not really. Silent Hill is better, in terms of actual horror and scares, Resident Evil seems to have become an action series with its most recent games, and less about horror itself.

Silent Hill is what Resident Evil used to be.

yes but scares? cmon by that logic project 0 is the best horror game ever.