N-Europe

Sci-Fi TV Shows?

Happenstance

Anyone here a sci-fi fan thats got any suggestions on a good show to watch?

Im in the mood for a new sci-fi show, these are the ones ive already seen or dont like so they dont have to be suggested:

Any Star Treks - Liked

Farscape - Liked

Andromeda - Watched a bit of, havent decided what I think of it yet

Babylon 5 - Dont Like

Firefly - Like

Stargate Shows - Like

Doctor Who - Like

Battlestar Galactica - Kind of like but dont really watch much anymore

X-Files - Like

The 4400 is pretty good

Um, Sliders maybe?

I just never liked it. Even gave it another try by watching the pilot again earlier today and was very bored.

I found the same, yet some of my friends rave about it.

Battlestar Galactica - Kind of like but dont really watch much anymore

How can you almost stop watching BSG?

I'm amazed. I'm like a drug addict when it comes to BSG and if I didn't discover Heroes as a weekly dose I would have gone mental :heh:

Just watch TNG and DS9 again then.

Or give Andromeda another try. It hugely declined after the first season but I still found it very enjoyable. It was lots of brainless action with an acceptable story but funnily weird characters.

Ive got the first Ghost In The Shell movie and I watched the first episode of Stand Alone Complex, didnt really like either to be honest.

As for BSG, I think its alright but theres just something about it that I cant put my finger on. Plus I didnt like the fact that at the start of season 3 they promoted the use of a suicide bomber.

Outher limits..........well kinf of really don't think they show it much anymore i haven't see it in years but i used to watch it with the x-files

Oh yeah Red Dwarf is another one I should have added to my list, love that show.

ha i was going to say that too. Series 6 for the win!

Yeah I already watch that, just not really the type of sci-fi show I meant.

Heroes is technically sci-fi though. Science fiction is usually just dramas that run on speculation over our current state of technology, and Heroes does this with mutation. Really though I'd consider it more of a comic-book/hero drama, practically a genre of its own. That said, when you say sci-fi, my mind tends to think spaceships and time travellers.

I've seen the first 5 or 6 episode of Firefly recently and am really enjoying it :)

Ive got the first Ghost In The Shell movie and I watched the first episode of Stand Alone Complex, didnt really like either to be honest.

As for BSG, I think its alright but theres just something about it that I cant put my finger on. Plus I didnt like the fact that at the start of season 3 they promoted the use of a suicide bomber.

You make me sick.

And yeah, Fox really annoy me. Futurama, Firefly and Arrested Development. All awesome and all cancelled before their time.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Anime or not, it's still the best and most thought provoking sci-fi show in years.

QFT. Been meaning to save up to buy the series 2 box set although do I get the £30 one from HMV are the £80 one from play.com which features a tin box.

I want my step dad to buy BSG on DVD. I've seen the miniseries and half of season 2...love it, but I could do with watching from season 1.

Anyway:

Red Dwarf!

Red Dwarf is brilliant.

You make me sick.

And yeah, Fox really annoy me. Futurama, Firefly and Arrested Development. All awesome and all cancelled before their time.

Futurama is coming back - 4 DVD films, which will then be edited into 1 TV season.