N-Europe

You've gotta be kidding me...

flameboy

Ok, so I sent my Wii off to be repaired and it got fixed they sent me it back worked fine for a couple of days, had a couple of games of excite truck and some wii sports, and guess what happened today it will outright refuse to turn on again!!!!

GRRR!!!! What a load of crap!

Well just got off the phone to them and they kindly offered to send out a courier today to pick it up. It is worth pointing out at this point that he did not leave his desk or go off the phone at any time, whilst obviously using the courier site to sort it out, which means they do bullshit you when they say they don't offer a pick up service.

Well just got off the phone to them and they kindly offered to send out a courier today to pick it up. It is worth pointing out at this point that he did not leave his desk or go off the phone at any time, whilst obviously using the courier site to sort it out, which means they do bullshit you when they say they don't offer a pick up service.

Sorry to hear that dude. Wouldn't it be better if they sent out an entirely new one for you? or have you got all your saves and VC games on the hard-drive and thats why they have to keep repairing it?

Anyway, sorry again, you must feel pretty peeved.

Sorry to hear that dude. Wouldn't it be better if they sent out an entirely new one for you? or have you got all your saves and VC games on the hard-drive and thats why they have to keep repairing it?

Anyway, sorry again, you must feel pretty peeved.

Yeah it is because of the Virtual Console games, I've got my saves backed up on SD card. But they won't replace it like that, if you have VC games they have to take it in, its policy, obviously to prevent you from becoming aggrieved about losing the points....

The odd thing was I was lead to believe they had replaced it last time from a reply via email they sent me. But it seems very strange that the same problem has recurred and that the Wii was exactly as it was before, all the memo's etc... Mii's, and the most wierd thing, my wii number remained the same...

I was just about to suggest that all they did was send you back the same Wii, but it looks like you've just confirmed it. Bad luck. :(

Yeah but they obviously did something as it was working for a couple of days...whereas before it wouldn't turn on at all....

why don't they just take out the system memory and place it in another wii

i don't know...that could be what they did, which may explain why it crashed again it could be a problem with the system memory...

tellyn i've noted down the mac address, shall see its the same when I get it back...

Yeah it is because of the Virtual Console games, I've got my saves backed up on SD card. But they won't replace it like that, if you have VC games they have to take it in, its policy, obviously to prevent you from becoming aggrieved about losing the points....

The odd thing was I was lead to believe they had replaced it last time from a reply via email they sent me. But it seems very strange that the same problem has recurred and that the Wii was exactly as it was before, all the memo's etc... Mii's, and the most wierd thing, my wii number remained the same...

Actually, they'll probably just make a disc image and write in on a new Wii. Write down your Wii serial number next time - then you'll see if it changed. They just mpake a disc image and place it on a new Wii, so there's nothing special about you losing almost nothing. Also, your Wii friends-code is probably used to check your Shop identity, so if it's changed your Virtual Console games won't work anymore.

That's fucking gay! (why not take it back to the store by the way?)

The store might not accept it. At least the store where I bought my broken Wii didn't. The clerk just gave me the Nintendo helpdesk phone number, so I had to send it directly to Nintendo.

The store might not accept it. At least the store where I bought my broken Wii didn't. The clerk just gave me the Nintendo helpdesk phone number, so I had to send it directly to Nintendo.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure they are legally bound to replace broken items. That's how it is here in the UK anyway...I think... :hmm: