NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Yeah, it probably will. It was a good move from Capcom to re-release this. Wii is selling loads, the new comers to a Nintendo console will want this, and every one who loved Resi 4 on the GC will probably want this too.

Gamespot said 'After a few minutes of hands-on time, we felt like this is probably the most ideal way to play RE4'.

I've completed Resi4 about 10 times (on Pro mode anyway) and i can't wait to play it again.

I did Resi 4 on normal mode, I tried professional and got owned pretty quickly. :s Is aiming with the wiimote usually good in games? (Still not played a Wii at all yet)

I did Resi 4 on normal mode, I tried professional and got owned pretty quickly. :s Is aiming with the wiimote usually good in games? (Still not played a Wii at all yet)

it depends. When developers actually try, it can be awesome, but if it's rushed it's awful (i'm looking at you Far Cry and RS). IGN and Gamespot however seem to love playing it with the Wii-mote so it's looking good :D

And yeah, Professional mode is very hard. i tried to do it with ONLY the standard handgun (without upgrading it) and i got to chapter 3-3 and had died about 100 times...

Gamespot said 'After a few minutes of hands-on time, we felt like this is probably the most ideal way to play RE4'.

I've completed Resi4 about 10 times (on Pro mode anyway) and i can't wait to play it again.

wow that's impressive Pro is quite hard i've started it again but actually might wait until the wii version if it's as good as ign say it is

Red Steel, Medal of Honour and other games like Wario Ware, Wii Play, etc show that it's very good at aiming.

I really have to get back to RE4, I only scratched the surface really. I got stuck at some part where two people attack with chainsaws along with a load of other people and it took me ages to get through it, and once I finally got passed it I got stuck at the next part where about 10 people come towards ya. Haven't played it in months unfortunately. I really have to start playing again, it's a shame I'm so bad at this game!

You do get better. I was total ass at it at first, and then I practically breezed through the game on normal difficulty.

The footage and impressions on this weeks 1upShow have got me interested

it depends. When developers actually try, it can be awesome, but if it's rushed it's awful (i'm looking at you Far Cry and RS). IGN and Gamespot however seem to love playing it with the Wii-mote so it's looking good :D

And yeah, Professional mode is very hard. i tried to do it with ONLY the standard handgun (without upgrading it) and i got to chapter 3-3 and had died about 100 times...

Same here dude. Every time I had nothing to do, I thought, fuck it, let's play RE4 again. I don't know how I feel about the Wii version though. If I can transfer my GC save file then I will most definately get it. If I can't, then I won't.

If I can transfer my GC save file then I will most definately get it. If I can't, then I won't.

The whole point of getting the Wii version though will be to do it all again and have it feel kinda fresh and new. Why would you want to transfer your save? I think it'll be much more fun to work my way up from scratch again with new controls.

The whole point of getting the Wii version though will be to do it all again and have it feel kinda fresh and new. Why would you want to transfer your save? I think it'll be much more fun to work my way up from scratch again with new controls.

That's because I've completed the game at least 9 times, and gotten everything. I don't want to work through that all again, just for a new control scheme, because I've got other, new games to play aswell. I'd much rather transfer my file, play through the game with the Wiimote once, do the extra missions, and be done with it.

I'll tell you now Bard, you WONT be able to transfer your file, not in a million years will you.

This is a bit gutting really, I love Res Evil4, finished it and have it on the cube. Not THAT bothered about buying it again, but it sounds so good! Argh!! Why can't they just make Res Evil 5 for the Wii, it will clearly control better than 360 and PS3.

Maybe so, but to be blatantly honest part of RE's appeal has always been nice visuals, even if they were pre-rendered for so long. They want to make a main RE entry that's as visually astounding as they can possibly make it and they just can't get that on the Wii. They'd probably have to downgrade the game to an unrealistic point for it to run at all on the Wii and it might involve stripping out gameplay features because the Wii can't handle some visual effects important to the game.

It may seem unfair that we're not getting a version of the game but it's definitely Nintendo's fault for going with such weak hardware.

Maybe so, but to be blatantly honest part of RE's appeal has always been nice visuals, even if they were pre-rendered for so long. They want to make a main RE entry that's as visually astounding as they can possibly make it and they just can't get that on the Wii. They'd probably have to downgrade the game to an unrealistic point for it to run at all on the Wii and it might involve stripping out gameplay features because the Wii can't handle some visual effects important to the game.

It may seem unfair that we're not getting a version of the game but it's definitely Nintendo's fault for going with such weak hardware.

That seems the speech PS2 owners were getting before the news of RE4 being ported; it's were the money was and it's where the port went.

Not saying it'll happen, but I'm not going with the lack of power reasoning, sure porting the framework engine is nor feasible, but that's because framework was done for multi-core systems, that doesn't mean the game can't be recreated polygon by polygon even, on another engine, geometry and character animations can be exported.

I think the difference between Cube and PS2 was much smaller than the difference between Wii and 360 mate.

I think the difference between Cube and PS2 was much smaller than the difference between Wii and 360 mate.
Well, if we don't consider the resolution; I don't.

Besides Framework engine won't miraculously push both PS3 and X360 as a cross platform game, a Wii version would have to be optimized beyond that and perhaps make some compromises, but make no mistake, RE4 on PS2 made some big compromises there, I don't think they have to go with 8 bit textures for a Wii version, nor cut the polygon counts, yet they did those for PS2.

Well, if we don't consider the resolution; I don't.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. How can you not consider the resolution? The difference is night and day. Stick on a game like FEAR or Gears on 720p and tell me that with a straight face.

Unbelievable.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. How can you not consider the resolution? The difference is night and day. Stick on a game like FEAR or Gears on 720p and tell me that with a straight face.

Unbelievable.

He means that if you ignore the extra power needed for HD, the gap isn't massive.

Unbelievable.

Then are you agreeing the biggest difference is on the resolution?

Because for me, it is, and I don't mind playing any of those in 480i/p.

That's on the light of that, that I'm calling it feasible.

(I also edited the text above beyond the quote you did)

He means that if you ignore the extra power needed for HD, the gap isn't massive.
Yes, there's a gap, and it's not that small, but I also don't think it makes it unthinkable of, just hard and requiring special attention when their engine is not feasible on Wii.

I might change my mind seeing the actual build of RE5, but right now and from what I'm expecting and seeing from framework engine... I don't.

Lost planet on X360 for example, it used framework engine and the main character uses 12.000 polygons, on RE4 Leon, Ashley, Ada, Krauser use 10.000 polygons each. Not that big of a "technical" difference.

Wii is gaining momentum, and its certainly possible that RE5 could be ported to Wii. If there is a profit to be made, Capcom will take that opportunity. Just business sense - they'd have to weigh the potential returns against the cost of porting the game.

Wii is gaining momentum, and its certainly possible that RE5 could be ported to Wii. If there is a profit to be made, Capcom will take that opportunity. Just business sense - they'd have to weigh the potential returns against the cost of porting the game.

Not going to happen.

Not going to happen.
I don't think so too, but we had the same thoughts about a PS2 version of RE4.