NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Does anyone know exactly whether this has the extra PS2 sections and whether it is the GC or the PS2 graphical build? I want the GC graphics with PS2 extras! In a collectors tin! Bundled with a free copy of Umbrella Chronicles! At the budget price of 29.99! :)

yeah they'll have the GC graphics.

If anyone else asks that question i'm gonna cry.

yeah they'll have the GC graphics.

If anyone else asks that question i'm gonna cry.

Not as much as I'll cry if it doesn't

Gamespot knows something we don't know...

:heh:

They wish.

Hey, Sven.

Is Capcom looking at the possibility of a PC to 360 port for RE4??

Or is that off the table??

It's not off the table, but truthfully, we aren't looking at it.

That was yesterday, if the game was being worked on they'd avoid the question. But surely sites announcing it might create a uproar "it's coming, it's coming!" on some forums and thus pressure capcom in doing so; thing is... as the PC port is... I doubt it'll ever be better than the GC one was (and Wii will be) if anything that should be the main reason why capcom isn't looking into it, either it would be kinda crap (as in inferior) or give a load of work.

Gamespot is really X360-land, they even make up stuff now.

They wish.

That was yesterday, if the game was being worked on they'd avoid the question. But surely sites announcing it might create a uproar "it's coming, it's coming!" on some forums and thus pressure capcom in doing so; thing is... as the PC port is... I doubt it'll ever be better than the GC one was (and Wii will be) if anything that should be the main reason why capcom isn't looking into it, either it would be kinda crap (as in inferior) or give a load of work.

Gamespot is really X360-land, they even make up stuff now.

You're right Gamespot is in love with the 360, that started showing through at the Wii launch where they compared everything Wii did to the 360, it's pathetic really. I never liked Gamespot that much though. Wankers.

You're right Gamespot is in love with the 360, that started showing through at the Wii launch where they compared everything Wii did to the 360, it's pathetic really. I never liked Gamespot that much though. Wankers.

I like Gamespot better than IGN, but why wouldn't anybody be in love with 360. As far as them showing it though the wii launch, examples please? 'Cos I can't remember anytime when they did that.

When it says that about the "PS2 levels" honestly I think at most it'll mean we get improved lighting. I doubt they'll be retexturing and modelling the areas just for Wii, they'll just bump the lighting up to the GC standard.

why wouldn't anybody be in love with 360.

Because it (and the Xbox brand in general) is such an unreliable piece of crap?

I thought it was bad enough when my original Xbox conked out less than three years after launch, but now my 360 has started showing signs that'll do the same soon, a mere sixteen months after launch. :indeed:

I am interested in a 360, but not for now and not for that price. It has not quality in terms of construction that's true, however it has some good games and some coming out. Also, a good online service for those who care. Still, for my tastes Wii already has more good titles than 360. It's not the second coming like some people make it to be, but it has more potential than the first X-Box.

When it says that about the "PS2 levels" honestly I think at most it'll mean we get improved lighting. I doubt they'll be retexturing and modelling the areas just for Wii, they'll just bump the lighting up to the GC standard.

The GC version already has most of the locations and models... so they won't have to update them just use, the already present, GC models!

Btw could they use the Cut-scenes models??

The GC version already has most of the locations and models... so they won't have to update them just use, the already present, GC models!

Btw could they use the Cut-scenes models??

RE4 has real time cutscenes, so the models are the same in gameplay.

Not in the PS2 version though.

I'm considering getting this to tide me over the summer and because i've heard good things,sounds good with PS2 extras and GC graphics and I havn't played the original.

I need some proper games like Excitetruck,Zelda,Red Steel,DragonBall Z etc.

I'm considering getting this to tide me over the summer and because i've heard good things,sounds good with PS2 extras and GC graphics and I havn't played the original.

I need some proper games like Excitetruck,Zelda,Red Steel,DragonBall Z etc.

*shakes head*

For shame Shadow, for shame!

*shakes head*

For shame Shadow, for shame!

I'm sorry Hero :cry:

But it does mean I can appreciate this more if I get it,right?

*gives Hero puppy dog eyes in hopes he's no longer mad*

I feel weird to buy a game again that I already own. But then again, I have 3 different versions of Ocarina of Time, so what the hey.

It's amazing how any Gamecube owner could've skipped this. It blew anything else on the system completely out of the water in terms of quality, even Wind Waker, Prime and the GC version of TP.

I know that its in real time.. but i think the models looked better, maybe due to the post processing effect.

It's amazing how any Gamecube owner could've skipped this. It blew anything else on the system completely out of the water in terms of quality, even Wind Waker, Prime and the GC version of TP.

It is a truly amazing piece of software, but not sure if it tops Prime.

It is a truly amazing piece of software, but not sure if it tops Prime.

Well, it's a matter of taste.

It tops prime Mainly because it really is a game that everyone loves whereas metroid will always be a love it or hate it thing(though usually the people who hate are usually the same who play halo on the easiest difficulty to clear it faster than everyone else)

It tops prime Mainly because it really is a game that everyone loves whereas metroid will always be a love it or hate it thing(though usually the people who hate are usually the same who play halo on the easiest difficulty to clear it faster than everyone else)

That doesn't matter in the slightest. Don't give a fuck about what other people might like, what matters is what YOU like. Hell, by that logic I'd love GTA.

Because it (and the Xbox brand in general) is such an unreliable piece of crap?

I thought it was bad enough when my original Xbox conked out less than three years after launch, but now my 360 has started showing signs that'll do the same soon, a mere sixteen months after launch. :indeed:

Its not unreliable I bet you place stuff on top of your 360, have it not well ventilated area to play in.

I bought my xbox 6 months and is still doing playing games fine. Maybe your just unlucky.