NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

NO European date was given, how shocking.....

See you all back here in 2008 then :grin:

No suprise that no date was given or rumoured for this region of the world, I do expect to see it over here before Christmas.

I really wish you could use the B-trigger to shoot :sad:

Personally I think it would be the coolest if A was equip gun, and B was to shoot. You could then hold B without A for the knife. That'd mean you'd only use your right hand for right hand actions, like Leon does.

All A button actions could be handled by some Wiimote/Nunchuck moment I'd say.

I thought it was hold A then press b to shoot? That's what I heard before.

Those translations look dodgy because I doubt you can unequip the knife.

er those controls kinda suck. Basically the only worthwhile thing is being able to see your target by waving the wii-mote?

so you wave the remote to use the knife but you also AIM with the pointer.... nice work Capcom.

its always hard to find the cursor once you have been waving. this doesnt bode well.

its always hard to find the cursor once you have been waving. this doesnt bode well.

Except you can't aim unless you're holding in the button. When knifing you wont have to worry about a cursor spazzing out because the cursor only appears when you press a button in anyway.

RE4 Wii has two knife modes.

Search Mode = wave the remote

Normal Mode = Hold A + press C

I hope that's a translation mistake - shooting with A just feels so wrong.

Besides that - I don't know if it's only me - when I push the A button to shoot I often move the Wiimote a little bit so it would make me miss in RE. However, when I use the B button I can aim perfectly with no "offset" when I pull the trigger.

I hope that's a translation mistake - shooting with A just feels so wrong.

Besides that - I don't know if it's only me - when I push the A button to shoot I often move the Wiimote a little bit so it would make me miss in RE. However, when I use the B button I can aim perfectly with no "offset" when I pull the trigger.

Well it's A in all the others...

I think shooting with A feels better, well at least it does in Red Steel.

I found it hard to hold down A while shooting with B, I found it much easier the opposite way round.

..I'm kinda interested in the game despite having the GC version but.. does this one look... worse....?

..or am I imagining things..?

Those screens are definitely not new...

edit: Wii RE4 will use GC graphics and RE4 never looked that good on screen anyway, this is one of the games that you can say "looks better in motion"!

The screens have been on the site for a while, and the reason the screens look bad is because screens of resi4 have never looked as good as the game in motion.

..I'm kinda interested in the game despite having the GC version but.. does this one look... worse....?

Worse than this? :)

resident-evil-4-20041008045010503.jpg

resident-evil-4-20050103002226231.jpg

resident-evil-4-20040729030243421.jpg

These are official screenshots for Cube version. If you would judge graphics only from screenshots, RE4 is easily one of the ugliest Gamecube games around.

Would it be too much to ask for this game to look slightly like a step-up from the original or once again does this fuel the idea that maybe the Wii actually can't do it?

..thanks Teppo :heh:

..those do look truly awful.. despite the game actually looking stunning..

Gotta love good screenshots : peace:

Would it be too much to ask for this game to look slightly like a step-up from the original or once again does this fuel the idea that maybe the Wii actually can't do it?

It is step-up from Cube verrsion. In fact, it even looks tolerable on static shots.

A considerable step up would mean making new models, new textures, blah, blah. They just wanna cash it. I just care about the controls. And I hope there's an option to remove the aim have just the laser sight,

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is capcom just pissing all over the Wii?

Xbox360 and Ps3 get Resident Evil 5 and we get this and a light gun game?

A port essentially, what we have all been complaining about for a while.

The high amount of PS2 ports because thats effectively what it is, it is more a port of the ps version than the gcube one.

They reveal this and everyones wetting themselves at the prospect. EVERYBODY ALREADY HAS THIS GAME.

When the sales figures come back saying it didn't sell as much as they were expecting it just seems like an excuse to drop support if they ever think the Wii is failing.

'Our Resident Evil 4 port didn't sell so we assume the Wii is only for less mature players'

I want fresh material. Not fucking lazy ports. Just because its Resident Evil 4 doesn't mean capcom should be praised by slapping Wiimote movements on.

And I hope there's an option to remove the aim have just the laser sight,

I guess that you only have that option if you play with a classic or gamecube controler...

I guess that you only have that option if you play with a classic or gamecube controler...

Probably, but I think it could work well with the wiimote. Also, mariosmentor, this doesn't seem like a normal lightgun game, it's more like Killer 7. Also Wii gets 2 REs (even though one is a port) in 2007/early 2008, when PS3 and 360 gets RE5 God knows when. It's understandable, they want to focus on graphics, so they went to GC last gen, now Wii is not exactly the choice for graphic whores.