N-Europe

Wii sales figures

Slaggis

According to nexgenwars.com the wii has already sold half the amount of consoles the xbox 360 has since its been released. This is also backed up by wikipedia(even though i know that can be edited by anyone).

And the PS3 on the other hand has only sold 1,600,000 consoles.

If this is true then the wii is definitly on track to become the best selling console by the end of the year?:yay:

They may not be unit for unit accurate, but they are pretty close. I however am worried by the dropping off of Wii sales in Japan over the last two weeks. It needs some killer apps soon.

April is the biggest selling month in Japan and Nintendo are holding back the shipment rate.

They may not be unit for unit accurate, but they are pretty close. I however am worried by the dropping off of Wii sales in Japan over the last two weeks. It needs some killer apps soon.

I feel really stupid asking this - because its probably obvious - but what do people mean by App? Title?

You call yourself a gamer? :laughing:

lol not very helpful.

killer app= killer application

as wikipedia puts it:

A killer application (commonly shortened to killer app) is a computer program that is so useful or desirable that it proves the value of some underlying technology, such as a gaming console, operating system, or piece of computer hardware.

interestingly wikipedia has a list of titles for each format that who ever edited it obviously regards as killer apps for each format.

* Nintendo Entertainment System: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2 Super Mario Bros. 3, The Legend of Zelda,

* Sega Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2

* Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Super Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy III, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter II

* Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye 007, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros.,

* Playstation: Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II

* Dreamcast: Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, NFL 2K1,

* Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 3, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry , Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

* Nintendo GameCube: Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash

* Xbox: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2

* Xbox 360: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gears of War

* Wii: Wii Sports, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

* Game Boy: Tetris, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Mario Land, Pokémon Red and Blue, Pokémon Yellow

* Game Boy Color: Pokémon Gold and Silver, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

* Game Boy Advance: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokémon Emerald

* Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Brain Age, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing: Wild World

* PSP: Wipeout Pure, LocoRoco, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Lumines, Daxter

this does help prove the point the Wii only has two, as does the 360 though apparently

this does help prove the point the Wii only has two, as does the 360 though apparently

Weird way to prove something that's subjective.

In the past months I've been hating more and more the terms "killer app" and "AAA title". It seems like a game needs to be epic, have online, amazing graphics, 100 hours of gameplay, 300 unlockables and have high reviews to be enjoyable. People are sucking the joy out of videogames, by worrying with such useless junk that just ends up affecting their judgement.

How can you possibly compile a list of killer apps? Isn't it all opinion? :confused:

I agree. Also, I guess it depends on what exactly you would call a killer app. Is it a game that is rated highly, or a game many gamers consider to be great? Generally, isn't a killer app something used to shift systems? If so, surely there's only truely about three or four killer apps on each system, as only a few titles are really considered highly enough to buy a new console for...hmm.

I don't think it's a list to be taken all that seriously, really. Just an indication of some of the better known titles on that system.

lol not very helpful.

killer app= killer application

as wikipedia puts it:

interestingly wikipedia has a list of titles for each format that who ever edited it obviously regards as killer apps for each format.

The PS3 has none! lol

Wii Sports was in the list though which was a pack-in...

Not in Japan it wasn't