NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Rumour: GTA to grace the Wii?

Old news. Reggie said that months ago. So far we did not hear anything from Take Two yet BUT I am quite sure that GTA4 will hit the Wii ... like I said before and my sources never lie.

Months ago, nothing was said about Take Two or GTA. It was just that Reggie had talks with Rockstar. Soon after, Manhunt 2 had a suprise announcement for Wii.

Months ago, nothing was said about Take Two or GTA. It was just that Reggie had talks with Rockstar. Soon after, Manhunt 2 had a suprise announcement for Wii.

if it is true i will buy it for sure

I can't believe how xenophobic some of you can be about games from other systems. You really shouldn't slate a game if you haven't played or at least tried it.

I do play the GTA series, I'd just rather play them on the systems suited to them.

I do play the GTA series, I'd just rather play them on the systems suited to them.

I think GTA could be suited to Wii, and it's an important title that shifts consoles - Wii needs games like this.

If GTA came to the wii, i don't think it will be GTA4, but more like GTA ....... Stories

Just because the Wii is a weaker system than the 360 or PS3 does not make the GTA series any less suited. We've had GTA games on the PC for years, in top down environments, and the PS2 saw quite a few GTA games with expansive areas and the ability to do a multitude of things.

The next versions will be orientated towards the PS3 and Xbox360, but I wouldn't cut the Wii out just because it is the weaker system. It can still do a lot. It may need to be toned down graphically, or they may just port it from a PS2 system upwards, but given the opportunity it could turn out rather nicely.

The Godfather for Wii has been getting some nice reviews, especially with regards to the controls. Imagine that on a bigger scale. Don't rule it out.

It would be nice to (finally) see a GTA on a Nintendo home console, but it would have to be something special, preferably not a port. I haven't enjoyed playing any game in the series since GTA3.

BUT I am quite sure that GTA4 will hit the Wii ... like I said before and my sources never lie.

you must be kidding....

GTA or the Wii would good for the consumer, and good for Nintendo. For the Wii to be successful they need two things, variety of games and sales. With GTA the Wii would have a 'mature' game, of which it is lacking. If it sells like hot cakes, then other developers could then branch more mature content to the Wii. More people will be then drawn to Wii, and so sales increase.

The GTA games are also available on the Xbox. They benefit from technical and graphical improvements. So there is no real reason why they can't be ported to Wii.

GTA 4 will utilise the PS3's beefier hardware making it less likely to appear on Wii. Maybe a downgraded version or even better an all out new adventure.

you must be kidding....

Nope, a friend of mine told me he is quite sure that there will be GTA4 for the Wii. Since he works in the industry and has been right so far I really doubt why he should lie to me.

Nope, a friend of mine told me he is quite sure that there will be GTA4 for the Wii. Since he works in the industry and has been right so far I really doubt why he should lie to me.

My friend told me that GTA4 will have a map the size of the UK and you will be able to physically jump into the game and run around.

My friend told me that GTA4 will have a map the size of the UK and you will be able to physically jump into the game and run around.

Your friend said it, it must be true.

Speaking of the UK, isn't the strongest rumour about GTA4 that I may be set in London again?

That would be pretty sweet, finally being able to drive around London without so much grey and shit steering.

Yes I am bitching about The Getaway.

I guess a public forum with a history of cheaters and kids fooling around isn't the best place to expect some trust. I am not boasting around with that hole GTA4 thing, to be honest I don't even care if someone believes me or not. Everyone which read a few of my posts so far should know that I only write something if I stand behind hit.

Believe it or not but at university you can meet a lot of interesting people which actually work at certain developers, publishers, etc. So if a friend of mine who never boasted about any "insider" news before tells me something I tend to believe him. I guess that is what friendship and trust are all about. Too bad that nowadays everyone needs a URL to prove their points. Yeah as if websites are the holy grail of information or even PR guys which talk like a flag in the wind.

I guess a public forum with a history of cheaters and kids fooling around isn't the best place to expect some trust. I am not boasting around with that hole GTA4 thing, to be honest I don't even care if someone believes me or not. Everyone which read a few of my posts so far should know that I only write something if I stand behind hit.

Believe it or not but at university you can meet a lot of interesting people which actually work at certain developers, publishers, etc. So if a friend of mine who never boasted about any "insider" news before tells me something I tend to believe him. I guess that is what friendship and trust are all about. Too bad that nowadays everyone needs a URL to prove their points. Yeah as if websites are the holy grail of information or even PR guys which talk like a flag in the wind.

Your right, because in real life they don't need evidence to prove something.. oh wait.

to be honest I don't even care if someone believes me or not.
Then what is the point of your post? I don't doubt your credibility System, but come on. Let it rest and then come back and say "Ha-ha" to the non-believers, but don't become a BigTac now.

System_error. gta4 on wii is highly unlikely, more than one person told me so.

They would have to make a separate version just for the wii.

--

If this supposedly GTA port is anything like the Godfather i'll buy it in a flash <3

Then what is the point of your post? I don't doubt your credibility System, but come on. Let it rest and then come back and say "Ha-ha" to the non-believers, but don't become a BigTac now.

I just don't like being called a "liar" by others just because there have been a few incidents in the past. Especially if they are a bunch of kids which are barely finished with high school or whatever :indeed:

Diemetrix: Technically it would be possible, after all the Wii has decent horsepower - and if you look at the PC versions you notice the big free roaming world but the rather mediocre graphics. The Wii success and the 360 user base make them perfect targets for a financially wounded Take Two.

Diemetrix: Technically it would be possible, after all the Wii has decent horsepower - and if you look at the PC versions you notice the big free roaming world but the rather mediocre graphics. The Wii success and the 360 user base make them perfect targets for a financially wounded Take Two.

GTA 4 for 360 and PS3 is built from the ground upp with a new GFX engine and new physics engien and It uses middle ware such as euphoria. GTA4 can't just be ported to Wii due to the difference is power.

GTA 3 etc. would work on Wii, but not the 360/ps3 version of GTA4.

GTA 4 for 360 and PS3 is built from the ground upp with a new GFX engine and new physics engien and It uses middle ware such as euphoria. GTA4 can't just be ported to Wii due to the difference is power.

GTA 3 etc. would work on Wii, but not the 360/ps3 version of GTA4.

Are you sure about that? I thought it will use a modified version of the RAGE engine (Rockstar presents Tabletennis), which could be scaled down for the Wii - after all most engines can be pretty much used for everything. Need for Speed Most Wanted/Carbon can be turned into 1996 graphics :D

Jack can't whine about this because of parental control.

you know i really don't think if the age ratings didn't stop him that this really won't. He is a just a large ass

Sign in to follow this