• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I just cry a scream every time I think of this:

Earns her place in the pop trion (which I am at this moment defining to be Beyonce, Madonna and Lady Gaga - the only pop artists I'm consistently stunned by) too well.

I just love the fact that people started screaming when blood started pouring from her chest.

This came on the radio today:

Didn't really like it first time round, but love it now. Me and a workmate were talking about how awesome it was, then from across the room we heard someone yell "This song is so gay!". I didn't know whether to laugh or dispair.

Oh yes, Gorillaz are back!!!! :grin:

New album: Plastic Beach - out 8th March (apparently.) Guest apperances from Lou Reed, Barry Gibb, Mos Def and Snoop Dogg.

New single: "Stylo" - first radio airplay on 26th January!! :grin: Oh, and Bruce Willis is rumored to be in the music video, which I doubt, but it'll be amazing if true! xD

There's apparently new details in NME, which is out tomorrow. I'm trying to look for scans as we speak, there's only this tiny one atm:

218_magspread_murdocL1980110.jpg

This is gonna be epic!!! :grin:

EDIT - Rumoured tracklisting:

1. Intro

2. Seagull Massacre

3. Broken (featuring Mos Def)

4. Stylo (featuring Bruce Willis)

5. Electric Shock (featuring De La Soul)

6. Satan’s Burlesque (featuring the Horrors)

7. Pirate Ship (featuring Mark E Smith and Einar Örn Benediktsson)

8. Sweep Stakes (featuring Mos Def)

9. Carousel (featuring De La Soul)

10. Sloped Tropics (featuring De La Soul)

11. Twilight (featuring Ozzy Osbourne)

12. Daydream Daemon (featuring Mos Def)

13. Plastic Beach (featuring Lou Reed)

14. Banana Bunch (featuring Snoop Dog)

15. Arming The Nation (featuring Barry Gibb and Bobby Womack)

16. Closing Time

If that's the actual tracklisting and guest apperances, this'll be amazing!!! :grin:

Edited by CoolFunkMan

I just cry a scream every time I think of this:

Earns her place in the pop trion (which I am at this moment defining to be Beyonce, Madonna and Lady Gaga - the only pop artists I'm consistently stunned by) too well.

I just love the fact that people started screaming when blood started pouring from her chest.

Oh come on, there is no trion. For the time being, Gaga is the only pop star that matters.

Listening to that Four Tet stream, this is great :D

Edited by ipaul

This came on the radio today:

Didn't really like it first time round, but love it now. Me and a workmate were talking about how awesome it was, then from across the room we heard someone yell "This song is so gay!". I didn't know whether to laugh or dispair.

It's the most bizarre song. (I like it)

I too have heard it on the radio (and I hardly EVER listen to the radio), which makes no sense. I don't understand how it got any airplay.

Just rediscovering what an awesome album Dizzy up the Girl is. So many stand out tracks that don't even include Iris; which is on another level already. Love it, I eagerly await the Goo's new album sometime next month.

I'm back on another Interpol kick. Easily one of my favourite bands- They're just masterfully controlled. Their songs are monuments to subtlety, understatement and precision. I find them incredibly moving- I was literally on the verge of tears seeing them live last year and they can summon that reaction from the merest, incremental shift in a chord, hook or rhythm. An amazing band.

I'm back on another Interpol kick. Easily one of my favourite bands- They're just masterfully controlled. Their songs are monuments to subtlety, understatement and precision. I find them incredibly moving- I was literally on the verge of tears seeing them live last year and they can summon that reaction from the merest, incremental shift in a chord, hook or rhythm. An amazing band.

Yeah I agree. I find exactly the same thing with Oasis.

Only joking lolololol

I don't mind the occasional Oasis song (except people doing Wonderwall on karaoke). They remind me of a girl I used to have a crush on which is a pleasing association.

Oh fiddlesticks. Spoon are playing a few dates in the UK next month. London is sold out. Manc still has tickets but it'll end up costing me about £30 and that's presuming I can find somewhere to crash. No love for Birmingham? Damn you!

Ah well, they do have a new album out (their seventh, madness). Will check that out tomorrow :D

Edited by Ashley

I used to love it when I went clubbing and they put on an Oasis track, until I went clubbing more than once every blue moon and realised that they always play the same Oasis track and it gets incredibly tedious. Theyre other stuff is ok, decidedly unexciting and such.

Does anyone know if this is a bizarre coincidence or intentional?

Passion Pit - Smile Upon Me

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've been obsessed with this ever since you posted it. Reminds me of my friend from back home. S'toogood.

I well had something to say when I came in here. But I can't remember now. DLT out.

Edit: o o Coachella lineup announcement bumming / wanting / needing / crying

CoachellaPoster.jpg

Where is Coachella?

I need to go.

I'm crying at Dirty Projectors/ Camera Obscura / every other band I love.

It's in... Coachella, which irritatingly is somewhere in California. There I was thinking the US didn't have good music festivals and everything.

But yeah. Bit good eent et. It seems like one day at Coachella > an entire other festival.

Cochella does indeed look good...and speaking of :p

New Music...Wednesday!

Spoon - Transference

tumblr_kuc4mrPfmZ1qa54g7.png

(I never quite get what Spoon are trying to do with album covers although I do like Gimme Fiction)

Little jumped out at me with this album, but that's typical of Spoon. They tend to melt into my existence. Will give it a few listens with my numerous upcoming train journeys. Although 'Written in Reverse' did grab me. And the beat on 'Nobody Gets Me But You' is catchy.

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life

motion-city-soundtrack-my-dinosaur-life.jpg

Love the name and cover :D

'Her Words Destoryed My Planet' obviously gets immediate love for this line:

I feel asleep watching Veronica Mars again

"Its always raining caterpillars from the circular fan." Weird... 'Delirium' is catchy. And '@!#?@!' features a Zelda reference.

Anyway I've always enjoyed MCS. Its a great self-deprecating failure band ("lets get fucked up and die" anyone?). But with a catchy 'I'm an idiot for being so self-deprecating' kind of vibe to it.

Oh and I don't think I said anything about:

Vampire Weekend - Contra

Vampire-Weekend-Contra-294x300.jpg

Catchy and fun. Particularly Horcata, California English and Cousins :D

Edited by Ashley