• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Any other Thursday fans on this forum?

Sortof. I've not got around to actually getting any of their stuff, but they were supporting My Chemical Romance in Glasgow, and they were pretty cool.

Couldn't hear a word of what the guy was singing, but still good. : peace:

EDIT: OMG! lol I have the t-shirt Pikachu's wearing in your avatar, Harribo!

I can't stop listening to muse lately. I've liked them for ages, but recently I've grown to love the music.

oh and just found some more live acoustic songs from avril lavigne on Radio one (whiley show)

When you're gone - she sounds even better than on the album, fan-bluddy-tastic

I can do better - better acoustic too.

I remember she was awful live when she first hit the big time. It was embaressing to watch her live.

She's better now.

she was awful live for her first album, but those now prove she's far from it, she's amazing on the wyg live acoustic.

Just finished analysing it against the album. It's a bit shouty, but then that's cause it's live. I prefer the album one. Electric guitars never hurt anyone. :)

I'll edit in what I think of I can do better.

The fact that 'Umbrella' (Rihanna) has now been number 1 for nine*successive weeks is a sad reflection on the state of the British music industry. I can't actually believe how bad that song is. Seriously, wtf? It has no tune. 9 weeks? Come on, guys. 1 Week is bad enough, but 9?. Songs like this are the simple reason I don't listen to the radio or watch music channels. Who actually listens to music like this? Ugh. I actually feel like going to get a drink after listening to that song.

Mini-Rant Over.

The fact that 'Umbrella' (Rihanna) has now been number 1 for nine*successive weeks is a sad reflection on the state of the British music industry. I can't actually believe how bad that song is. Seriously, wtf? It has no tune. 9 weeks? Come on, guys. 1 Week is bad enough, but 9?. Songs like this are the simple reason I don't listen to the radio or watch music channels. Who actually listens to music like this? Ugh. I actually feel like going to get a drink after listening to that song.

Mini-Rant Over.

I hate the song. Whats with the whole "eh eh eh" and "ella ella ella" thing? Its a crime against the english language.

I love it. Not after 9 weeks.

I love her voice, and the "ella ella ella" bit is key to it's greatness. Otherwise it'd be another standard pop song. She at least tries to inject some life/fun into her stuff.

Haggis, those 2 avril performances are great, but not better than the album versions. I prefer them with the full music.

I hate the song. Whats with the whole "eh eh eh" and "ella ella ella" thing? Its a crime against the english language.

Well, god bless... if you liked it, this would turn into another one of your whinnings.

I love her voice, and the "ella ella ella" bit is key to it's greatness. Otherwise it'd be another standard pop song. She at least tries to inject some life/fun into her stuff.

Haggis, those 2 avril performances are great, but not better than the album versions. I prefer them with the full music.

If you really want to check what a band or artist's really worth, check them out live. That says a lot, dunnit?

really? I am looking forward to her live acoustic album so much. That wyg one is fantastic.

I saw a performce of her and the goo goo dolls singing iris (first time I'd heard it), now its one of my favoutite songs. How many albums do they have?

really? I am looking forward to her live acoustic album so much. That wyg one is fantastic.

I saw a performce of her and the goo goo dolls singing iris (first time I'd heard it), now its one of my favoutite songs. How many albums do they have?

How cut off from the world are you? Iris is a classic that gets constant radio and VH1 air-play. :D I used to love that song.

They have 8 studio albums, IIRC.

Yeah, Iris is an immense song.

---

I really need to get Garbage's debut album. I've had Stupid Girl and I'm Only Happy When It Rains for yonks, but I just rediscovered them.

Well, god bless... if you liked it, this would turn into another one of your whinnings.

What? No, it only would if someone made a comment like you just did. I only have a problem with people not liking my opinion when they do it in a way like you or hob does. If everyone agreed with everyone then there would never be much to talk about would there?

---

I really need to get Garbage's debut album. I've had Stupid Girl and I'm Only Happy When It Rains for yonks, but I just rediscovered them.

which is their best in your opinion? I might try and pick it up.

How cut off from the world are you? Iris is a classic that gets constant radio and VH1 air-play. :D I used to love that song.

lol. I had never heard them, I'd heard of them, one of my mates loves them, but never got round to hearing them. How sad am I.

What? No, it only would if someone made a comment like you just did. I only have a problem with people not liking my opinion when they do it in a way like you or hob does. If everyone agreed with everyone then there would never be much to talk about would there?

Chill, Huggies, it was a joke! :heh:

Mini-Rant Over.

Nine fucking weeks!

I was going mad at radio because that song was on every time for three hours straight when going to Mansfield.

---

I love Garbage. :heart:

she annoys the hell out of me

i prefered her with the longer hair

infact she looks COMPLETELY different from the first videos

what age is she anyways?

I like her with long hair as well and she is 19 Magic.

Origin Of Symmetry>Absolution>Showbiz.

As far as I'm concerned, Black Holes And Revelations is not a Muse album... it's just a big single, called Knights Of Cydonia.

What about Take A Bow and Map Of The Problematique another 2 stand out tracks from the album and of course the Japanese version has the fabulous Glorious.

Also IMO Supermaassive Black Hole, Invincible, Assassin, Exo-Politics and City of delusion are pretty awesome.

What about Take A Bow and Map Of The Problematique another 2 stand out tracks from the album and of course the Japanese version has the fabulous Glorious.

Also IMO Supermaassive Black Hole, Invincible, Assassin, Exo-Politics and City of delusion are pretty awesome.

It's a matter of opinion, I guess, but I've heard the album about 15 times and the only track that stuck with me was Knights... really.

ALSO

I have just stumbled across Battles, a math-rock band... and let me just say... wow. I mean, these guys are astronomically good. This is fantastic. Any fellow fans?