• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Laura Marling. Thoughts?

She's amazing, deservedly the nominee of the Mercury prize, and really the only one of these young british, acousticy singers to emerge worth much attention.

Alas I Cannot Swim is...:bowdown:

All this talk of Delta Goodrem in the thread who's name that I can't remember right now because I'm drunk has led me to rediscover Innocent Eyes! AWESOME!!!

xxxxx

:yay:

Do you remember when you were seven and the only thing you wanted to do was to show your mum you could play the piano?!

She's amazing, deservedly the nominee of the Mercury prize, and really the only one of these young british, acousticy singers to emerge worth much attention.

Alas I Cannot Swim is...:bowdown:

Indeed, it is rather good. I am a fan after discovering it on the list of music my old flatmate gave me.

Do you remember when you were seven and the only thing you wanted to do was to show your mum you could play the piano?!

Laaa-laaa-daaah-daah-ddaah-ddahh-daah!

I can't do onomatopoeia when like this, that's as best as you'll get. Add me on msn and we'll jam!

Rediscovered Murder On The Dancefloor last night, and remembered how amazing it is. BURN THIS GODDAMN HOUSE RIGHT DOWN!

--

Completely addicted to two tracks of Tisdales lastest album.

Erase and Rewind - "I don't wanna sound desperate...but I am". :heart::

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Hot Mess (love the name of the track)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I listened to Erase and Rewind. It's more autotuned than a Britney Spears song, which is quite a triumph. Hot Mess was worse (as a song).

She was the worst singer of the lot IIRC, anyway.

---

So the Leaver's Ball is tonight, and there has been a HUGE debacle over the playlist, with the awesome half wanting super beats, really cool remixes and what not, like proper club atmosphere, and the other half wanting various Top 40 hits.

Obviously I was on the side that wanted the amazing, unknown, interesting stuff, yet could understand that the appeal of having a tune everyone knows on. So i kinda wish I'd been in charge of the playlist (and taken suggestions from everyone), and melded the two 'tribes' together...as it is, I have no idea what's being played.

Had no idea this was becoming a single. Yay!

Lily Allen - Fuck You

I listened to Erase and Rewind. It's more autotuned than a Britney Spears song, which is quite a triumph. Hot Mess was worse (as a song).

She was the worst singer of the lot IIRC, anyway.

Oh yeah, she's not exactly wonderful live, at all.

You do realise that 'aint gonna get played on the radio though? the song is pretty much nothing if you censor out every fuck in it, unless the Radio-friendly version will be 'Stuff-You' or something equally lame. :p

Anyway, nice as a novelty and the video was amusing.

You do realise that 'aint gonna get played on the radio though? the song is pretty much nothing if you censor out every fuck in it, unless the Radio-friendly version will be 'Stuff-You' or something equally lame. :p

Anyway, nice as a novelty and the video was amusing.

There's a radio edit. :) Just replaces the fuck with random noises.

It'll do fine. She seems like she doesn't give what people think (the blowjob verse in Not Fair, and then releasing it as a single), so I applaud her. It's entertaining.

Haven't listened to the new album is ages. Listening to Gossip's atm.

WHy the hell has it taken so long for me to sign up to Last.fm? I'd been using it for awhile but never registered and sorted it out properly. So yes, I am behind but I've signed up. Just trying to remember all the bands/artists to add to my library. Also getting some really nice recommendations as well relating to stuff I already listen to. Hell of a lot easier than trying to get new stuff out of MP3.com anyway.

1. Search "Black Cherry" on the iTunes store.

2. Click on "Black Cherry" on the artist list.

3. Click "Buy Album" under the EP "This Is Control".

4. Have aural-gasms.

I just love the fact it's been rated 10 times on iTunes, and it has a 5 star score. The sign of a stunning talent.

Yes.

What a tune :D

Oddly enough, that track is quite quiet compared to the rest of the album. Shoddy production methinks. Still love the album though, I don't think there's a single song that I don't like on it.

The "Badass songs to sing" thing has made me want to do a badass guitar (and bass) songs.

Urban Dance Squad - Demagogue

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Top Gun Anthem

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Rush - YYZ

Broadcast Yourself
Audio