N-Europe

OK Guys, I need help finding a song for my Music Tech coursework. Well, 2 songs actually :o

I need an instrumental track, that doesn't make use of distorted instruments, with each instrument in it's own kinda frequency range. Basically, it needs to be clean sounding, and not too in your face wall of sound.

The second needs to be the same as the above, just with a vocal line and at least 6 instruments. (EG. Piano, Drums, Guitar 1, Guitar 2, Bass, and whatever)

I really don't want to have to be stuck doing disney songs as it seems i'm gonna be doing at the moment >_<

I know its probably not want you want but I've got every avril lavigne song (instrumental version), would any of them work for you?

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Started listening to Ascendancy by Trivium again. Forgot how gosh darn awesome it is. So many ridiculously classic songs on that album. 10/10

It's a shame about their new album... it's like listening to Dying In Your Arms (wich is the one song included in ascendancy wich truly sucks ass) 13 times. =/ They had such potential... Oh well...

Anywho... I've been listening to Cephalic Carnage's new record Xenosapien and I must say... it's their best effort yet. This is... a masterpiece.

9.7/10. :D

My Chemical Romance - I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love is a fucking awesome album.

Why did they go and change into The Black Parade?

Honestly, as much as I hate MCR, the black parade is probably their best album. It's the one with the most competent and engaging composition. Plus the fact that they're not constantly winning about everything and lost their "gay" sprinkles. Let's just put it right: they grew up.

I still despise and hate them, though.

EDIT:

It's a bit obvious you like their "screamo" roots, but you must admit that it's a lame genre, and switching it for this new Queen influenced rock-opera was the best thing they've ever done.

Honestly, as much as I hate MCR, the black parade is probably their best album. It's the one with the most competent and engaging composition. Plus the fact that they're not constantly winning about everything and lost their "gay" sprinkles. Let's just put it right: they grew up.

I still despise and hate them, though.

EDIT:

It's a bit obvious you like their "screamo" roots, but you must admit that it's a lame genre, and switching it for this new Queen influenced rock-opera was the best thing they've ever done.

I love them.

IMO, each album is better than the last. Black Parade has no fillers, and has a completely different feel from the others. More epic. IBYMBYBMYL (lol) is so weird. The sound quality is shocking, and it just feels really unformed. Some of the songs grab me, "Headfirst for Halos" and some others, but it their worst by far. (Unless you prefer screamo)

I love them.

IMO, each album is better than the last. Black Parade has no fillers, and has a completely different feel from the others. More epic. IBYMBYBMYL (lol) is so weird. The sound quality is shocking, and it just feels really unformed. Some of the songs grab me, "Headfirst for Halos" and some others, but it their worst by far. (Unless you prefer screamo)

Ok, I share your love for Björk, but as I've already stated, I HATE MCR. I just know how to acknowledge their musical growth, for it is true that they have indeed took a giant leap forward with TBP. So maybe you should be telling that to harribo. :D

Rofl at people calling IBYMBYBMYL a screamo album.

IMO Each album is worse than the last (well Three Cheers might just be equal with IBYetc).

For me the Black Parade just gets boring after a few listens which means I can only listen to it once every while as it just seems like a chore to sit through.

Anyway time to listen to some Minor Threat and wait for Emily Haines to download which I can then listen to whilst downloading Dag Nasty.

It does seem to be that opinions are divided. Everyone seems to be ok with Three cheers, but are of extreme opinions of the first and last album.

I'm listening to IBYMBYBMYL again now. I always do that when people talk about songs/albums.

Rofl at people calling IBYMBYBMYL a screamo album.

IMO Each album is worse than the last (well Three Cheers might just be equal with IBYetc).

For me the Black Parade just gets boring after a few listens which means I can only listen to it once every while as it just seems like a chore to sit through.

Anyway time to listen to some Minor Threat and wait for Emily Haines to download which I can then listen to whilst downloading Dag Nasty.

IBYMBYBMYL IS a screamo album.

As for The Black Parade, maybe you just need to grow up (musically) a bit. In a few years time I'm sure you'll look back and agree with me (and the entire music critic society, for that matter! IBYMBYBMYL and Cheers are just too... immature.)

Man, I fucking hate Minor Threat. I used to love them and all the Youth Crew HxC, but now I just hate all of that pro SxE stuff. In a music genre where the most important thing is what you have to say, I cannot bring myself down to hear a person who's only beliefs are built on such a shitty life philosophy as SxE. It's a shame, they have some (3 or 4) good songs. Although I must admit, if you're into SxE Punk-Hardcore, Complete Discography is a masterpiece.

It's a shame about their new album... it's like listening to Dying In Your Arms (wich is the one song included in ascendancy wich truly sucks ass) 13 times. =/ They had such potential... Oh well...

Anywho... I've been listening to Cephalic Carnage's new record Xenosapien and I must say... it's their best effort yet. This is... a masterpiece.

9.7/10. :D

Cephaliac Carnage are fucking annoying, saw them a while ago on Metal Injection. I can't stand them, they wouldn't know a good riff if it came and fucked them up the ass.

Also, Trivium; New album was disappointing because I was expecting something seriously killer, but they kinda fucked up. It's not all bad though a couple of decent songs on there. Title track was brilliant. Still, that's what happens when you completely change your personality as a band. I don't know what they were thinking when writing stuff like Ignition...hilariously bad. At least Dying In Your Arms has a good solo.

Cephaliac Carnage are fucking annoying, saw them a while ago on Metal Injection. I can't stand them, they wouldn't know a good riff if it came and fucked them up the ass.

I dare say: HERESY!

How can you not like CC? I mean, Lucid Interval is a Grind Masterpiece, it's not supposed to be Riff based, it's about the musicianship. :D I mean, these guys, along with Nile and Behemoth are keeping true Brutal Death Metal alive. :yay:

And I LOVE them. :P

Nile and Behemoth are amazing beyond words. I don't like CC, they're not brilliant musicians, they don't write good music and most of what they play is just random discordant crap. Meh, that's my opinion.

Oh, and thats Nile, Behemoth and Decapitated! :heh:

Nile and Behemoth are amazing beyond words. I don't like CC, they're not brilliant musicians, they don't write good music and most of what they play is just random discordant crap. Meh, that's my opinion.

Oh, and thats Nile, Behemoth and Decapitated! :heh:

Hell no, Decapitated died on Organic Hallucinosis, dude! They've turned crappy, man!!

And as for CC, yes, they are brilliant and I love their music, more so than that of behemoth, and that "discordant crap" takes months of planning to sound just about right. =D Obviously they're a hate it or love it case, but hell, they're great. If you don't like their discordancy, listen to "dying will be the death of me" from anomalies, it's their metalcore-spoof and it proves that, had they intended to write harmonious music, they could've. :D But that's what death-grind is all about, discordancy. :D

Here's the video for Dying will be the death of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIC6aqq7KA&mode=related&search=

Hell, Bardie! What's next, Calcuating infinity by TDEP is also crap? :D

Dillinger Escape also blow reasonably hard. Can't stand them, pretentious Jazzcore shits. Takes months for the discordance to sound right? Well, that's odd because I don't think discordance ever sounds right...isn't that somewhere in the definition?

I don't like grind.

If you want well calculated music, listen to Mesuggah.

As for Decapitated, I liked Organic Halucinosis, I haven't heard anything from them since that so I don't know if they've turned crappy. Then again, I tend to judge a band according to their best work. After all, Metallica were only good for the first 10 years of their career, and they've been around for about 25 years now.

Pfft, next you're gonna be telling me that Deicide suck because they're too melodic for a death band :p.

Dillinger Escape also blow reasonably hard. Can't stand them, pretentious Jazzcore shits. Takes months for the discordance to sound right? Well, that's odd because I don't think discordance ever sounds right...isn't that somewhere in the definition?

I don't like grind.

If you want well calculated music, listen to Mesuggah.

As for Decapitated, I liked Organic Halucinosis, I haven't heard anything from them since that so I don't know if they've turned crappy. Then again, I tend to judge a band according to their best work. After all, Metallica were only good for the first 10 years of their career, and they've been around for about 25 years now.

Pfft, next you're gonna be telling me that Deicide suck because they're too melodic for a death band :p.

Deicide were gods. :D And The Stench of Redemption was a fantastic comeback...

Hell, you're seriously telling me that you've never heard Decapitated's Nihility?? I mean, Organic is like, a shadow, when compared to nihility and the negation. :|

How can you not like grind? I mean: PIG DESTROYER! Napalm Death? :(

Messhuggah is not noise influenced, it's a completly different matter from CC and The Dillinger Escape Plan. Dillinger Escape Plan are Mathcore, Meshuggah are Avant-Garde. =P

I think you have a bit of a problem with cacophony in music...

Let's try a slightly different thing:

Between The Buried And Me?

The Red Chord?

Like these?

Of course I've heard them, I meant that I haven't heard anything after OH lol. How could I call myself a Decapitated fan after having listened to just OH?

I do have a problem with cacophony in music; I don't like it, it doesn't appeal to my ear and it mostly sounds like poo. Dischords can be good when used tastefully and not in excess though.

Napalm Death annoy me, but all I've got is Scum. Barney has a fucking brutal voice though.

Ah! I've got Alaska (but I haven't heard anything else), great album, has it's dodgy moments, but overall, great musicianship, can sound a little bland sometimes though.

Not heard The Red Chord. At least I don't think I have. May have heard of them. Also: Mesuggah are hugely mathcore! Wtf? Guitarist converts machine code into riffs ffs! .

Of course I've heard them, I meant that I haven't heard anything after OH lol. How could I call myself a Decapitated fan after having listened to just OH?

I do have a problem with cacophony in music; I don't like it, it doesn't appeal to my ear and it mostly sounds like poo. Dischords can be good when used tastefully and not in excess though.

Napalm Death annoy me, but all I've got is Scum. Barney has a fucking brutal voice though.

Ah! I've got Alaska (but I haven't heard anything else), great album, has it's dodgy moments, but overall, great musicianship, can sound a little bland sometimes though.

Not heard The Red Chord. At least I don't think I have. May have heard of them. Also: Mesuggah are hugely mathcore! Wtf? Guitarist converts machine code into riffs ffs! .

Ah-ah!! You don't like noise, heh?

You should listen to Merzbow, then. :D lol

It's different, it's not called mathcore because it's calculated, it's all about the complex time signatures and song structures. While Meshuggah use use jazzy time sigs and structures, DEP and Converge, for example, use absurd time sigs and the structures are almost nonexistant. But yeah, of course there's a bit of math in meshuggah, if you exclude the "core" part.

Well, if you like Alaska, it's a start. I think you'll eventually love discordancy. I hated it too. :D

EDIT:

And about Decapitated, I was saying that OH is shit. I don't think they've recorded anything following it, not yet, at least, or so I think.