• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Just gvien Madonna's "Hard Candy" a re-listen. God, it was beyond shit. Where did the woman that made the brilliant record that was American life go? Just goes to show, getting all the latest producers to do your record really doesn't make a great cd. She needs to forget about trying to act like someone in their mid 20's, and focus on making a good record.

Also.

Like a Virrrrrrrrrrrrrrgin! *screams*

Listening to some music I pretty much I forgot I had today:

Gaslight Anthem

M83

And You Will Know us By The trail of Dead

The Format

Loving it all.

TGA are so fucking good. Just got their Senor and the queen ep and its amazing just like the 2 albums.

TGA are so fucking good. Just got their Senor and the queen ep and its amazing just like the 2 albums.

i downloaded one of the albums ages ago and just never really listened to it, was just sitting on my old computer. Gave it a listen today and it's brilliant, was loving it all.

I'd love.

Would one dare to sing it in a jokey manner?

The woman she got on this gig was a really good singer. I think they knew each other...or at least she'd chosen her before the show. But she sang it out of time with the actual music, so Liz forced her to restart! :laughing:

i downloaded one of the albums ages ago and just never really listened to it, was just sitting on my old computer. Gave it a listen today and it's brilliant, was loving it all.

Get the other album and ep if you can. The '59 sound being me favourite record by them.

HEY HEY ANOKO, WA IMA ICHI!

I'm not sorry. (Blame Razz :p)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I exclusively listen to the Japanese version of that. The cantononese (or whatever it is) is hilarious. They can't fit it all in properly!

I exclusively listen to the Japanese version of that. The cantononese (or whatever it is) is hilarious. They can't fit it all in properly!

Lol, I know! It's hilarious. I think you mean the mandarin version? I could be wrong though.

She did the same for "Hot" too. Such a retarded idea. Though, speaking of Avril, I watched this video earlier and realised just how well she can sing live. I keep forgetting she can, considering when she first started she was abysmal. It must have just been nerves or something, I suppose. Near the end, she sounds exactly like the studio version, just less harsh (Which is a good thing. I hate the studio recording of it)

She sounds better than last time I heard her live (TOTP when she first came out), by far. Not much control, as at times I wanted to tell her to be quiet, but yeah.

I laugh everytime I remember by mum dyed her hair like that when Avril Lavgine did it.

She sounds better than last time I heard her live (TOTP when she first came out), by far. Not much control, as at times I wanted to tell her to be quiet, but yeah.

I laugh everytime I remember by mum dyed her hair like that when Avril Lavgine did it.

Yeah, she's obviously not omg wow, but she's definitely a pretty good singer. Plus, I oddly admire the fact she's never once mimed in her entire career, even when she used to suck live. But, try any one of her Roxy Theatre performances (Actually, try "Losing Grip" on youtube), she sounds even better acoustically.

--

Thanks to a long conversation with Razz, I'm now ADDICTED to "You Drive Me Crazy". It's Britney, before her music turned into her orgasming over a beat (Which I also love). She's made some absolutely brilliantly trashy music. From Boys, to I'm A Slave 4 U, I love it. The only single of hers I dislike is "Sometimes". It makes me want to vomit, it's that cheesy.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

No one can say that song isn't utterly sexual. Also! I love how half the time, you can't fully understand what she sings in places. Like In I'm a Slave 4 U where it says "Get it Get it" and not "Kitty Kitty", or in Break The Ice where it says "Defrost on ya" and not "Thrust on ya".

I wish it said thrust. Such an awesomely dirty word.

HEY HEY ANOKO, WA IMA ICHI!

I'm not sorry. (Blame Razz :p)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Well being tragically bad at Japanese (I just failed my finals! Hah!) I couldn't say wether that makes sense or not. The Italian one on the other hand is a nonsensical nightmare. More to the point it's Avril Lavigne, so whatever.

I don't know why, I just love crap music!

Miley Cyrus threatens to "ruin" Radiohead

Miley Cyrus has spoken out against her one-time "favourite" band, Radiohead. In an interview with a Portland radio station reprinted by Pitchfork, the teen star vented her anger at the band for snubbing her at this year's Grammy Awards.

The singer, who claims Radiohead are "the reason I love music", was less than amused when the band turned down an invitation to meet her backstage at the Los Angeles event last month.

Apparently, when she extended the invitation to meet the band, Radiohead's team told Cyrus's people that "the band doesn't really do that."

"The reason I'm in this business is to make people happy," she said, implying that Radiohead aren't. She added, "I left 'cause I was so upset. I wasn't going to watch. Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them, I'm going to tell everyone."

Lol... it's not as if she's that important musically, she seems to think so though sadly :/ then again I would say it's bad that Radiohead turned down a request to meet a fan except after what she said, I doubt she really was that much of a fan of theirs afterall, if she was, she wouldn't have acted like such a bitch. :heh:

And lol @ her saying that she's gonna 'ruin' them XD sorry but it's just laughable and she should just get over herself and move on... plus if Radiohead were the reason that she got into music then how come none of that comes through in her own songs? :blank:

VH1 has a video of Miley during the Grammys.

Revolution 1 (Take 20) - The Beatles : Unreleased song has surfaced!

The legendary, unreleased "Revolution 1 (Take 20)" has surfaced. Mark Lewisohn tells us in The Beatles Recording Sessions (pop ups below) that this take (#18, revised to #20 after overdubs) was the first track recorded for The White Album, begun on May 30, 1968. Takes 1-17 were shorter, more conventional versions of the song, but #18/20 (the take edited and used on the album) went on for over 10 minutes, dissolving into chaos and inspiring the infamous "Revolution 9" - which used some of this track's sounds, effects & voices (like Yoko Ono's familiar "you become naked"). Is it real? Knowledgeable die-hards think so... and it sounds great.

http://kotaku.com/5165570/daft-punk-to-spin-the-deadly-discs-of-the-tron-2-soundtrack

The planned Tron movie sequel (that may to borrow the name of the 2003 video game) has at least one aspect that's promising—a soundtrack from French electronic duo Daft Punk.

daft_punk_tron_2.jpg

While the return to the video game world of Tron—which has been titled both Tron 2.0 and TR2N during its pre-production—is still shrouded in mystery, music mag Billboard has confirmed that Daft Punk will be scoring the sequel. The only footage of the movie we've seen so far was at 2008's San Diego Comic-Con, at which Disney previewed footage of the re-imagined light cycle racing game.

Which, by the way, looked boneriffic.

Billboard, by way of the occasionally reliable IMDB, pegs the Tron movie sequel for a 2011 release.

Given Disney's internal video game development capabilities, we don't doubt that a video game adaptation of Tron 2.0 is in the works in some capacity. We're just wondering how they're going to get around the naming mess.

TRON + DAFT PUNK!!!! I think this is the happiest day of my life.

New AMAZINGLY FUN band alert. *I was wrong*. You can download all the stuff on MySpace.

Ultraviolet Sound (Myspace)

O.C.D (Obsessive Compulsive Dancing)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Gimme My Electro

I love music that's just utterly fun. Like Gameboy/Gamegirl (If you like this, then check out these noooow. "Sweaty Wet/Dirty Damp" is immense)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!