• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Yeah, about the show, its very true, lol.

Oh... you where lucky to see them live, here in Portugal we saw them 12 years ago, and nothing more :'(

I think anybodys lucky to see them at a festival. Dont think they do many because they use so much pyrotechnics in their set.

Guest Maase

lol, true.

But i still love most of their musics

A great example of show and great music at the same time is Keine Lust, the videoclip is so awesome :D

Hmmm, I'm gonna buy the CocoRosie albums (probably two of them) on Amazon.com (unless someone can find them cheaper somewhere).

I'm checking out other albums I might want to buy but can't think of many. Anyone have suggestions? Currently looking at Tori Amos CDs, but not sure which one I would like (or if there's another artist I should check out). ='3

Tori Amos is great.

Ideally start at the beginning, or with Tales Of A Librarian: A Collection, if you want an overview.

However, the Greatest Hits doesnt truly show all her styles, as she's sipped into electronica and rock fairly too, not just her amazing piano stuff. Plus most of her 3rd album was harpsocord+electronic beats.

GET THEM ALL!: peace:

@ Paj, do you reckon that American Doll Posse has strayed way too far from her other stuff. I mean obviously all her albums are different, but I just can't like all of ADP which is annoying because I practically love every song on the other albums.

I'd recommend either of Lou Rhodes's albums, 'Beloved One' or 'Bloom'. I'm determined to get someone to buy them!

There are some of her tracks streamed here, although none of those are from 'Beloved One'. In any case, the latter's the more organic of the two albums, primarily sticking to natural percussion and Rhodes's guitar. 'Bloom' is a bit... rockier, I suppose.

All of her solo work is a far cry from her Lamb years, although I actually think she's come on quite a bit as both a singer and songwriter. I didn't think I'd take to her new folkish direction, but she quickly become one of my favourite artists once I'd heard it for myself. Lovely stuff.

Ah, I just got the Greatest hits from Lamb and I love her voice. I might check out some of her stuff soon and if I like it enough I might buy it. =D

Tori Amos is great.

Ideally start at the beginning, or with Tales Of A Librarian: A Collection, if you want an overview.

However, the Greatest Hits doesnt truly show all her styles, as she's sipped into electronica and rock fairly too, not just her amazing piano stuff. Plus most of her 3rd album was harpsocord+electronic beats.

GET THEM ALL!: peace:

Heh, if I was made of money I'd have bought them all already. =P

Thing is normally I go for the greatest hits from artists, cause it usually contains all the songs I like from them (or at least most). Thing is I know if I do that I probably won't buy the other albums anymore, missing out on tons of good songs.

So yeah, I can't decide which one to get first. XD

I should actually look into getting some of Björk's albums as well, since I only have Volta and her Greatest hits... I need to expand my music collection!

Avril Lavigne covers Joan Jett's "Bad Repuation" at the opening concert on her "The Best Damn Thing Tour". It's also the B-side to her new single "The Best Damn Thing".

I love the original song, this isn't so bad, but I await the cd version.

Lol. I can only imagine some of Bards comments. :p

Ah, I just got the Greatest hits from Lamb and I love her voice. I might check out some of her stuff soon and if I like it enough I might buy it. =D

Heh, if I was made of money I'd have bought them all already. =P

Thing is normally I go for the greatest hits from artists, cause it usually contains all the songs I like from them (or at least most). Thing is I know if I do that I probably won't buy the other albums anymore, missing out on tons of good songs.

So yeah, I can't decide which one to get first. XD

I should actually look into getting some of Björk's albums as well, since I only have Volta and her Greatest hits... I need to expand my music collection!

In that case DONT buy her greatest hits.

It's NOT a singles collection (good thing), it's a very clever colection of songs that are good for easing you into Little Earthquakes, and making you want to explore further.

I suggest getting Little Earthquakes, as that's got some of her most popular stuff on, and it's accessible. See what you think after that. :smile:

--------

Paj, do you reckon that American Doll Posse has strayed way too far from her other stuff. I mean obviously all her albums are different, but I just can't like all of ADP which is annoying because I practically love every song on the other albums.

Only thing that stops ADP from being great is the fact she started singing weirdly. I'm sure it's to mask a fading voice with age or something, but I'm not a fan.

It's almost like I don't include it with the other albums.

I like Santa's songs best, as her voice is best in them I think, and I like all the songs on it well enough, but yeah, somethings off. Still Tori though, so it's better then most.

The Beekeeper is her worst by miles.

-----

I might be going to see Avril with some friends (inc. Chair) so it's interesting to see bits of the tour.

I might be going to see Avril with some friends (inc. Chair) so it's interesting to see bits of the tour.

Noo! I'm desperate to go, but none of my friends have any interest whatsoever so I'm stuck waiting for the dvd. :( Damn my friends and their good taste in music! :p

She does the girlfriend remix and raps "Lil' Mama's" (God, I hate typing names like that) part, it's hilariously bad. I love it. :D

Hmmm, CocoRosie are coming to Brussels soon. I would really love to see them, but I know there's no one else who would want to go with me. =(

I would gladly go with you. =) I've seen them once. I fucking love them too much. Just pure brilliant songwriting. Kudos on the good taste., Eenuh-sama.

(This is what i think)

Beautiful boys is a mediocre song, i love the guy's voice, but i hate so much the girl's voice, both together are good, tough.

By your side, is once again a mediocre song, but this time only with the girl's voice, ARGH!!!

How can someone like that? :X

Maase, seriously, you're a fellow mafiosi, and I know you're just twelve and all, and I seriously expect great things from you, in the future, but right now, I would just lay low, because you're not exposed enough to recognize and understand the underlining songwriting complexity there. Seriously, try it again when you're 17, kiddo. You really want to know how someone can like that? Enlighting, friend-o, that's mighty powerull musicianship you're witnessing right there.

Does anybody here like Rammstein?

I love hem :D

Yeah, so you pretty much proved my point.

Fantastic live act (visually), but as far as their music goes? They pretty much suck. They have the occasional good track, but mostly, their repertoire is one huge insult to Industrial Metal in all it's glory. There's a name for what they are... crowd pleasers. Formulaic crap.

normally I go for the greatest hits from artists, cause it usually contains all the songs I like from them (or at least most). Thing is I know if I do that I probably won't buy the other albums anymore, missing out on tons of good songs.

That should be a sin. :D

Anyway, that pretty much tells me why you hated Lost In Translation, you're more a fan of the mainstream "single" composition style. I, personally, find there's much more fun and enjoyment to be had exploring the more loose-composition-style pieces, not the singles. Sure, singles might get in your head fast and stay there for a while... but it's the other ones who linger in your head in the long run. I always thought that "best of" albums should be renamed "best known of".

ALSO

I'll be saying RATM live this summer. Weirdest line up ever... seriously:

Rage Against The Machine

Gogoll Bordello

Peaches

Cansei De Ser Sexy

I'm actually pretty fucking hyped... seeing RATM live is an old dream of mine, I love Peaches, and Gogol Bordello = win.

Shame about CSS being there... oh well, maybe I'll get to drink another beer with the mighty sexy Lovefoxxx.

CD WOW offer free worldwide delivery. I've used them several times and not had any problems, although I appreciate that Amazon is something of a 'safer' choice.

Heh, I actually checked that site through Google, but I neglected it cause Amazon had cheaper prices. Though I'll have to recalculate soon to see who actually -is- cheaper. Also might just go check a music store for the Tori Amos cd.

I would gladly go with you. =) I've seen them once. I fucking love them too much. Just pure brilliant songwriting. Kudos on the good taste., Eenuh-sama.

That should be a sin. :D

Anyway, that pretty much tells me why you hated Lost In Translation, you're more a fan of the mainstream "single" composition style. I, personally, find there's much more fun and enjoyment to be had exploring the more loose-composition-style pieces, not the singles. Sure, singles might get in your head fast and stay there for a while... but it's the other ones who linger in your head in the long run. I always thought that "best of" albums should be renamed "best known of".

Well you would have to come all the way to Belgium to see them. =P

Oh and the reason I buy the Best of albums from artists is usually only because of money constraints. Cause I know I don't have the kind of money to buy all the CDs I want to. Having said that though, I only have three "Greatest Hits" CDs I think, and one of them is from Moby (of whom I own pretty much all the CDs anyway).

But yeah like I said, I'm gonna work on expanding my music collection, so no more Greatest Hits for me. ^____^

Guest Maase

Geez, even being a kid, i have right to express my opinion, right? :S

Also, i don't see the bad thing about Rammstein, i love their musics, Ramstein, Rosenrot, Ohne Dich, Mein Teil, Mann Gegen Mann, Spring, Zerstroen (something like this).

Also, Chairdriver, i like the Ta Douleur, is so... i can't even explain :D