N-Europe

Can I just recommend to everyone, except The Bard, the band Metric. I'm listening to their first album for the first proper time and its brilliant, but their 2nd and 3rd albums, Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? and Live It Out are better.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Guest Stefkov
truth plus new album this summer :)

and i think they got a new song on their myspace :D

I've only got Make Up the Breakdown and Elevator, havn't checked for an others in stores but I know theres more online.

New album ftw! I will check up on it.

Can I just recommend to everyone, except The Bard, the band Metric. I'm listening to their first album for the first proper time and its brilliant, but their 2nd and 3rd albums, Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? and Live It Out are better.

I have seen the metric!

They supported Bloc Party when I saw them at Folkestone. Pretty cool band.

Guest Stefkov
Stefkov I would avoid their earlier stuff mate, it's supposedly nothing like the stuff on the 2 albums you do have

Ah right cheers mate. I just found them on amazon. Just to check them out.

'Give up' i their new song. I like it.

I just added them to my friends on myspace :heh:

I have seen the metric!

They supported Bloc Party when I saw them at Folkestone. Pretty cool band.

I have seen metric twice, plan to go see them again after the new album is released, Probably my all time favourite band. I've been known to sing Combat Baby in my sleep, no joke. I have a copy of Live it Out signed by the whole band. Emily wrote xox after her name:love:.

About metric, I think I rate the albums like this (best songs)

1.Old World Underground (Combat Baby, Dead Disco, I.O.U, succexy)

2.Live it Out (Empty, Live it Out, Monster Hospital)

3.Grow up and blow away (Rock me Now, soft rock star)

They're all brilliant.

Which reminds me, if you like Metric's softer stuff you should look out Emily haines' solo albums, they're very depressing but quite touching.

Anyone else heard of the matches?

http://www.myspace.com/thematches

They're a punk band (not the emo kind) who I almost saw live last year with motion city soundtrack but we spent too much time eating chinese and came in late. :laughing:

Now I'm sad I missed them, they're pretty fast paced, and some sections are unbelievably catchy.

I have seen metric twice, plan to go see them again after the new album is released, Probably my all time favourite band. I've been known to sing Combat Baby in my sleep, no joke. I have a copy of Live it Out signed by the whole band. Emily wrote xox after her name:love:.

About metric, I think I rate the albums like this (best songs)

1.Old World Underground (Combat Baby, Dead Disco, I.O.U, succexy)

2.Live it Out (Empty, Live it Out, Monster Hospital)

3.Grow up and blow away (Rock me Now, soft rock star)

They're all brilliant.

Which reminds me, if you like Metric's softer stuff you should look out Emily haines' solo albums, they're very depressing but quite touching.

Anyone else heard of the matches?

http://www.myspace.com/thematches

They're a punk band (not the emo kind) who I almost saw live last year with motion city soundtrack but we spent too much time eating chinese and came in late. :laughing:

Now I'm sad I missed them, they're pretty fast paced, and some sections are unbelievably catchy.

I downloaded Doctor Blind from the Drowned In Sound myspace and listened to it 41 time in a row. I'm deffo gonna get her album when it comes out.

Also bought a proper version of Old world.. from Play.com today.

Good band, seen them live a few times and they were better than i expected!

Hot Hot Heat Rulez. That is all.

QMFT

Still to see them live, will make it this year

I've been listening to Lostprophets - Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja a lot recently. Such a great song.

It may not be as musically or lyrically advanced as a lot of stuff in my collection, but it's still a brilliant track.

Finally the Lineup for Fflam Festival in Swansea has been announced!

Friday 13 July

Keane

The Feeling

Levellers

The Stranglers

New Model Army

Alabama 3

Saturday 14 July

Placebo

Feeder

Biffy Clyro

Cold War Kids

Howling Bells

White Rose Movement

Enter Shikari

Fightstar

yourcodenameis:milo

Oceansize

Sunday 15 July

Manic Street Preachers

Dirty Pretty Things

The Ordinary Boys

The Hold Steady

Carbon/Silicon

Dropkick Murphys

Bloodhound Gang

Buzzcocks

InMe

Im not sure on the ordering, these bands are the ones leaked on efestivals.co.uk so they might change. Its being officially announced tomorrow though

Personally i love it! A lot of my favourite bands are playing, the Friday sucks ass but the Sat and Sunday look mint!

Personally i love it! A lot of my favourite bands are playing, the Friday sucks ass but the Sat and Sunday look mint!

Hold up, surely not. Any day which has the Alabama 3 playing can never ever ever ever ever suck ass. New Model Army, The Levellers and The Stranglers are decent enough as well. But anyway, that does seem a fairly decent line up.

Hold up, surely not. Any day which has the Alabama 3 playing can never ever ever ever ever suck ass. New Model Army, The Levellers and The Stranglers are decent enough as well. But anyway, that does seem a fairly decent line up.

Got the Stage Splits now, looks a lot better!

line-up_1x1.gifline-up_1x2.gifline-up_1x3.gif

Not too bad for £100 really. Better than the piss poor Reading line-up this year thats for sure! (even though i might still go to Reading)

What is all your opinions on GREENDAY?

I'll save mine until after(It's not good)

I totally loathe their recent shit, their older stuff is better, but not by much, i like minority and thats about it . . . .

I totally loathe their recent shit, their older stuff is better, but not by much, i like minority and thats about it . . . .

ha totally agree with this but i would go futher. Their old stuff is mediocre but new stuff is god fucking awful. Just having this argument with a friend.