• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

l0l^

Ok my first post in this thread, so I guess I will just start off with a introduction to my tastes. Love everything from -

The Beatles

Nirvana

Radiohead

Joy Division

DJ Shadow

J Dilla

Common

Led Zeppelin

Sonic Youth

Marvin Gaye

Bjork

To name a few... I will try to lend my voice to more future discussions.

l0l^

Ok my first post in this thread, so I guess I will just start off with a introduction to my tastes. Love everything from -

The Beatles

Nirvana

Radiohead

Joy Division

DJ Shadow

J Dilla

Common

Led Zeppelin

Sonic Youth

Marvin Gaye

Bjork

Commendable, mostly.

In your opinion of course :) Cos anybody who does not like The White Album, OK Computer, Donuts, In Utero, Led Zeppelin II or Entroducing has no recognisable soul!

Even though I'm a big Radiohead fan myself I think OK Computer is overrated.

While it does contain three of there most iconic and best songs (Paranoid Android, No Suprises, Karma Police), half of the album isn't that great. Electioneering and Climbing up the Walls are amazing as well, Airbag is good too. As for the rest of the album; it's just dull. I don't think anyone will remember OK Computer for years to come because of The Tourist, Let Down, Lucky and the others I haven't mentioned.

The Bends and Kid A are better albums (imo).

l0l^

The Beatles

Nirvana

Radiohead

Joy Division

DJ Shadow

J Dilla

Common

Led Zeppelin

Sonic Youth

Marvin Gaye

Bjork

I like you. I really like you. The only thing I don't like about you is Nirvana.

Strike off The Beatles, Radiohead, J Dilla, Nirvanarama, Led Zeppelin and Dj Shadow and you're alright I suppose.

I agree with the Nirvana thing. About the rest... shame on you, monsieur!! :heh:

While it does contain three of there most iconic and best songs (Paranoid Android, No Suprises, Karma Police), half of the album isn't that great. Electioneering and Climbing up the Walls are amazing as well, Airbag is good too. As for the rest of the album; it's just dull. I don't think anyone will remember OK Computer for years to come because of The Tourist, Let Down, Lucky and the others I haven't mentioned.

It forever changed modern music. Is that enough of an explanation for you to grasps it's greatness. :D And yes, it is their best album, imo.

ALSO

:heart:Aesop Rock. I miss Hobbzinnio :(

ALSO

Just came from a múm concert. It's a shame Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir is no longer with them, I loved her. :( That voice... is unlike any other. Still, a fucking great concert. Seriously good shit. Loved it thouroughly.

l0l^

The Beatles

Nirvana

Radiohead

Joy Division

DJ Shadow

J Dilla

Common

Led Zeppelin

Sonic Youth

Marvin Gaye

Bjork

Good choices! Not really a Nirvana enthusiast, but still.

Just came from a múm concert. It's a shame Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir is no longer with them, I loved her. :( That voice... is unlike any other. Still, a fucking great concert. Seriously good shit. Loved it thouroughly.

argh! i am so jealous. i would love to see them, but i don't think they ever come to the uk.

edit: just discovered they came to the uk in december. whats the point of signing up to a mailing list if they dont tell you when they're playing??

I like you. I really like you. The only thing I don't like about you is Nirvana.

I agree with the Nirvana thing. About the rest... shame on you, monsieur!! :heh:

It forever changed modern music. Is that enough of an explanation for you to grasps it's greatness. :D And yes, it is their best album, imo.

ALSO

:heart:Aesop Rock. I miss Hobbzinnio :(

I guess Nirvana is more of a youth developed taste. Always listened to them growing up and they have just become apart of my daily listening cycle. To me Kobain was the voice of the 90's.

And Aesop Rock is nice man, abstract hip hop ftw!

Agree mostly. OK Computer is awesome, but not the most awesome imo.

Although you missed Subterranean Homesick Alien off the "amazing" list.

I totally disagree with the OK Computer criticism, to me it is their best album and most people disagree to go against the grain. Obviously, some people just dont like it as much but to me it is a perfect album. Even songs like Lucky and Let Down you have criticised I love to death.

I totally disagree with the OK Computer criticism, to me it is their best album and most people disagree to go against the grain. Obviously, some people just dont like it as much but to me it is a perfect album. Even songs like Lucky and Let Down you have criticised I love to death.

I'm not criticising it, I love it. I just like Kid A and The Bends even more.