N-Europe

It's intense alright. But it still sucks lol

You have to experience it to understand it. Besides, it's the sheer raw decimating brutality of it that makes it so fascinating.

Ive only been in one real mosh pit, it was at a punk gig. i got beaten the shit out of, that was win. But when a bunch of idiots make a circle pit for no reason at inappropriate times it just pisses me off, when i go to see someone like bloc party, there should be a maximum total of 0 mosh pits because there music in no way calls for it, where as if i went to see someone like pantera i would live with it.

I totally agree with you on unnecessary mosh pits... They're just plain stupid. But when they're rightly placed, and the music is fitting... It's like one of the most intese feelings ever. Like one of those still moments where you know you're really alive! In a Pantera concert, you shouldn't "live with it", you should embrace it and give yourself into it. But yeah, in a Bloc Party concert, if there are moshpits, it's because there exists a "race" called assh*les.

What do people think of Pavement here? I'm listening to Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain for the first time ever. Finding it really good.

You'd actually pay money to see Pantera? Hehe.

Point No. 1 - Pavement are gods. Shame on you for only noticing it now. :D And yes, Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Fucking fantastic.

Point No. 2 - If you are going to slate Pantera, be prepared for war. You do not appreciate said type of music, I can sympathize... but don't bash it if you can't even begin to grasp it.

Bashing musical genres is just a quick way to prove your own ignorance. One thing is saying that you don't like Pantera... but saying they aren't gods, that, my friend, is a sin. I will let you go freely if you give me a "I don't understand it".

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Okay, I meant to elaborate on my comment on Rammstein last night, but didn't get round to it as I was so tired.

Imo, Rammstein are easily the best live band atm. No other gig I've been to has even come close to the atmosphere of a Rammstein gig. If you say all that is good about it is the fireworks and pyro, then you're missing the point a bit really. The actual music is pulled off to an excellent standard, and they've developed the songs to such an extent, that they're even better than they are on the album. Sure, the pyro is really cool, and there's some amazing stunts, but that is just another layer on what is a truly amazing experience. Plus it's very unique.

Oh, and for people that think Rammstein gigs are violent, think again. It's probably one of the least violent gigs I've ever been to. I was right at the front too, and never got caught in any mosh pits.

Speaking of which, I think mosh pits at concerts/gigs are completely stupid. People should be there to see the band, not there to kick the crap out of each other. I know it's fun to some people, but I just don't know why it's done at concerts.

You have to experience it to understand it. Besides, it's the sheer raw decimating brutality of it that makes it so fascinating.

Oh please, that's bullshit, why the fuck would I want to be crushed to death in a room filled with blundering idiots? I've never been in the most intense mosh pits in the world, but I have experienced some mosh and it sucks. It's pointless and it's stupid.

Of course, it's more fun to you, cause you're fucking huge and you hurt more than others hurt you.

Mosh pits can be fun, but for somone like kate nash??! WTF? Enter shikari ones are immense. Both times I've seen them they've tried to form a human pyramid, at reading it almost made it but not really.

Lostprophets- Shinobi vs Dragon ninja always gets a good mosh going, I like it.

Too violent though and its just annoying. Kind of ruins the night with blood all down you= astoria >_>

Oh please, that's bullshit, why the fuck would I want to be crushed to death in a room filled with blundering idiots? I've never been in the most intense mosh pits in the world, but I have experienced some mosh and it sucks. It's pointless and it's stupid.

Of course, it's more fun to you, cause you're fucking huge and you hurt more than others hurt you.

Eh-eh... :P Perhaps.

It's because they're idiots that it's great, you get to beat them up for no reason and that's fine. : peace: :D

Anywho, most mosh pits are teh gayness, people are just pushing and shoving each other around, like apes or something.

I can't really defend it properly... I know it's dumb, but it feels great. =D

Mosh pits can be fun, but for somone like kate nash??! WTF? Enter shikari ones are immense. Both times I've seen them they've tried to form a human pyramid, at reading it almost made it but not really.

Lostprophets- Shinobi vs Dragon ninja always gets a good mosh going, I like it.

Too violent though and its just annoying. Kind of ruins the night with blood all down you= astoria >_>

Enter Shikari? Geez, you people should go see Biohazard or Pro-Pain live... now that's fucking intense shit! Fucking violent as shit.

I don't know who they are. So I wouldn't know what their mosh pits are like. The ones I've been in are fine for me thanks.

But yeah, audition at astoria >_>, good time until some guy got smacked in the face with a foot somehow..even though he was standing up and was pretty tall. Cut the side of his face and he had a nose bleed, and it went all over a lot of us. I was disgusted. Too violent for me >_>

Hopefully when I next go see audition in a few months it won't turn out like that. =]

Anyways, got Halo 3 OST, have to say it's not as good as Halo 2's. While not bad, it's scattered all over the place. It tries to be moody sometimes, others epic, others horror, which in the end makes it mostly bland. The musics that stand out are remixes of old musics. But awesome ones at that.

Anyways, got Halo 3 OST, have to say it's not as good as Halo 2's. While not bad, it's scattered all over the place. It tries to be moody sometimes, others epic, others horror, which in the end makes it mostly bland. The musics that stand out are remixes of old musics. But awesome ones at that.

Only on track 2 so far, Im enjoying is though :p

Enter Shikari and Lostprophets intense? lol.

What OW said.

Enter shikari - Well i wouldnt say "intense" but there is ALOT of mosh pits going on dueing most of there songs.

As for lost prophets there one of my fav bands but i can safely say they are NOT intense in the slightest....1-2 songs of moshing and the rest is pushing or/and dancing. Good live band thou

The other week down nottingham one of the peeps chucked on halo2 OST through the student flats where me and mates were thought sounded pretty cool

Houjoue, Merzbear, Boris collaborations, vegetarianism... dude, don't insult me :heh:.

As for "experiences," ever been to see Sunn playing through the basement in a cathedral so the floor vibrates? :heh:

They tend to do that, play in old churches, cathedrals or monestaries. It rocks. The only time I did see them, it was here in Coimbra, an old city, in an old monastery, a dream concert:

SunnO))) + Earth. Geez... I can still remember being completely blank for like... 5 hours or so after the show. One of the best live performances I've ever seen. The whole place was shaking like crazy... Beautifull.

As for Merzbow... I saw him live once. Probablythe best concert I've ever been to. It was an extremely small venue, and was completely packed (like 200 people or so)... there was absolutely no light except the computer backlight on his face. Pitch black darkness for 2 hours, in the middle of strangers whom you cannot see... only feel. That, accompanied by the master's noise. What a wet dream.

Yuckie. I hate noise music.

Ah... noise music!!!! :love::heart: *drools*

Enter shikari - Well i wouldnt say "intense" but there is ALOT of mosh pits going on dueing most of there songs.

You do not understand what a true mosh pit is. To you it's just a circle of faggots pushing and shoving towards a nowhere. Have you ever been to a truly hardcore concert?

Biohazard? First Blood? Pro-Pain? Death Before Dishounor? Hatebreed? Throwdown? Napalm Death? Sick Of It All? Agnostic Front? Madball?

Anything like that? Thought not. See a little documentary called "Boston Beatdown". While I fucking despise their culture, that's how a true mosh pit stands... proud, hard, fast & raw pounding of flesh.

"Real" mosh pits feel extremely pointless. I prefer ones that are just shoving towards nowhere personally.

-------

Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos is such a good album it's ridiculous.

Fuck no, what's the fun in a giant fluid swap?

Also:

Tori Amos = :heart:. Until Little Earthquakes that is.. everything that she recorded after that is... well, it's okay, but just not that great.

You do not understand what a true mosh pit is. To you it's just a circle of faggots pushing and shoving towards a nowhere. Have you ever been to a truly hardcore concert?

You'd be surprised

Biohazard? First Blood? Pro-Pain? Death Before Dishounor? Hatebreed? Throwdown? Napalm Death? Sick Of It All? Agnostic Front? Madball?

Anything like that? Thought not. See a little documentary called "Boston Beatdown". While I fucking despise their culture, that's how a true mosh pit stands... proud, hard, fast & raw pounding of flesh.

The ones in bold i have seen :heh: it isnt only "hardcore" bands that can create the sort of mosh pits you like. The people that go into moshpits punching and kicking people as hard as they can are arseholes.

Been in countless moshpits while i see where your coming from there are different kinds of moshpits indeed and you really have to goto the above bands you mentioned etc for a fist flying moshpit. BUT i dont think its just hardcore bands that can create that sort of moshpit.

While other bands create different kinds where people just push each other etc

Today I have discovered a new Sky channel.

Channel 377 - NME TV no doubt this will annoy some people in here but I love it.

Also Girls Aloud's new album is fucken ace who agrees?

I remember when if you liked NME and Girls Aloud/anyshittygirlbandatthetime you probably didn't deserve life, isn't it still like that now?

The ones in bold i have seen :heh: it isnt only "hardcore" bands that can create the sort of mosh pits you like. The people that go into moshpits punching and kicking people as hard as they can are arseholes.

Been in countless moshpits while i see where your coming from there are different kinds of moshpits indeed and you really have to goto the above bands you mentioned etc for a fist flying moshpit. BUT i dont think its just hardcore bands that can create that sort of moshpit.

While other bands create different kinds where people just push each other etc

Who the fuck said they were hardcore bands? I said hardcore moshpits, sugar, not bands... Napalm Death hardcore? Wtf?

And those mosh pits are the true mosh pits... that pushing and shoving bullshit came about much later, along with punk-rock gayness.

The problem is, hardly anyone is into the old-school mosh pits anymore... bunch of fags, they are. Even grindcore concerts are filled with such gay mosh pits, it's a shame really.

:zzz: :zzz:

But yeah... fuck all that, to each his own. And I'm not being sarcastic. You're free to like what you want.

Who the fuck said they were hardcore bands? I said hardcore moshpits, sugar, not bands... Napalm Death hardcore? Wtf?

And those mosh pits are the true mosh pits... that pushing and shoving bullshit came about much later, along with punk-rock gayness.

The problem is, hardly anyone is into the old-school mosh pits anymore... bunch of fags, they are. Even grindcore concerts are filled with such gay mosh pits, it's a shame really.

:zzz: :zzz:

But yeah... fuck all that, to each his own. And I'm not being sarcastic. You're free to like what you want.

Pssh! they still go on, i assume you mean where they wait till a fast, heavy guitar/drum beat hits everyone jumps in failing and kicking and generally smashing everyone up?

UNLESS

You mean where a 30yr old guy decides it'll be fun to go into the mentioned mosh pit with knuckle dusters, because yeh, thats GREAT fun

You know, it's wierd, but Nile gigs don't usually have pits at all. It's usually just the crowd staring in awe at the stage, pretty much hypnotised.

Best pit I've been in would have to be wierdly enough, Chimaira, even though Hatebreed and Slayer were on the same bill, they were without a doubt the most brutal pits ever. It was right after Impossibility of Reason came out, when they actually looked like a very promising band. My friend somehow got this really long dark bruise along his chest that looked like a slap mark haha.

Sick Of It All started the wall of death didnt they? Then a million bands did the same.

Today I have discovered a new Sky channel.

Channel 377 - NME TV no doubt this will annoy some people in here but I love it.

Also Girls Aloud's new album is fucken ace who agrees?

Found it my arse. You mean i told you about it -.-