NEurope

I listened to Avenged Sevenfold today, their first album Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and I really quite liked it :) a lot more 'shouty' songs than in what I've previously heard from them but there were quiet-ish bits that build up on it which I prefer more, I think they are one of those bands that got better when they adapted their vocal style but still a very enjoyable album overall. :D

Gonna give it another listen now...

I love the Kesha song! :D I also suggest you give Millionaires a listen as they are pretty much the same but with three of them! :p Warning may annoy you though..

About The Saturdays I like the new single, whatever. :) Forever is over you are talking about?

"I just wink and blow a kiss, whilst other girl just bitch and diss.....LETS GET FUCKED UP". I love. Have you tried Gameboy/Gamegirl? If not, you must. I Gt _ In The Club is brilliant.

--

Yup, thats the one. I just can't warm to it at all. The chrous is just too powerful, it's hard to listen too.

--

I heard "Girl With One Eye" again whilst in the car with a friend, and I've fallen for it all over again. Probably my favourite song on lungs.

Edited by Slaggis

Been listening to loads of Something Corporate and Jacks Mannequin recently. JM were amazing at leeds fest.

Been listening to loads of Something Corporate and Jacks Mannequin recently. JM were amazing at leeds fest.

I almost saw them when at Leeds, but then wasn't able to because of a reason I've totally forgotten now. I love Dark Blue.

Still messing around on my new player, decided to check out a few music videos, Declare Independence by Bjork is brilliant :) I love it.

Edited by S.C.G

I always thought that video was pretty bland, considering how good the rest of Michel Gondry's work in music videos is.

But then the only brilliant video from the Volta-era was Wanderlust (it was in 3-D! Before the trend of 3-D films!).

I always thought that video was pretty bland, considering how good the rest of Michel Gondry's work in music videos is.

But then the only brilliant video from the Volta-era was Wanderlust (it was in 3-D! Before the trend of 3-D films!).

Granted but it's still much better / more interesting than a lot of music videos today Imo, but yeah still not quite as awesome as say Human Bahaviour or All Is Full Of Love... will check out Wanderlust soon though. :)

---------------------------------

Last night I decided to properly run-in my MP3 player by listening to YS by Joanna Newsom for the second time and it was absolutely incredible :D so much that I didn't even pick up on first listen because there are so many lyrics to it all brilliantly woven into a tapestry of magnificent music. ^^

Absolutely wonderful... I'm considering picking up The Milk-Eyed Mender but I'm wondering if it might be something of a letdown in comparison going from five gratuitously long tracks to twelve relatively short ones.

Milk-Eyed Mender is different. It's not as good, no, but still worth picking up. It's like marmite though, her voice does grate on some tracks, making me skip them (something I hardly ever do) when listening to the whole album, but there are some gorgeous songs too.

My favourites are The Book of Right-On, Sadie, Inflammatory Writ and Clam,Crab,Cockle,Cowrie. Oh, and This Side of The Blue, which people may remember being used in a phone advert, showing a blackout in New York.

I love hearing a dance remix of Natasha Bedingfield's I Bruise Easily.

----------

I keep bursting out with "The Meadowlark, and the Chim-cher-ee, and the Sparrow, set to the sky and they fly in spree, for the sport of the Pharoah." at random points.

I love the way she sings Meadowlark / I love the way she sings the whole song.

"From the boughs of the birches and the spires of the churches, jutting out from the shadow." - Yes. I'm jizzing in my pants at that bit.

And I have no idea how she came up with the lyric "in a mud-cloud, mica-spangled, like the sky had been breathing on a mirror", considering mica is a really obscure mineral that barely anyone has heard of.

And I have no idea how she came up with the lyric "in a mud-cloud, mica-spangled, like the sky had been breathing on a mirror", considering mica is a really obscure mineral that barely anyone has heard of.

I've heard of it before but yes still a very obscure and wonderful lyric :D there is so much to love about YS yet so little to say still - for me - after two listens because there is so much to take in and just be in awe of. :)

The last line of Only Skin is like in Pokemon, where, if you do a move that's so good it kills the opponent in one hit, their health bar drains really slowly, just to emphasise how great the move was. I'm KO'ed every time. It's like Joanna has done a move I'm 4x weak to.

The last line of Only Skin is like in Pokemon, where, if you do a move that's so good it kills the opponent in one hit, their health bar drains really slowly, just to emphasise how great the move was. I'm KO'ed every time. It's like Joanna has done a move I'm 4x weak to.

Clear the room! There's a fire, a fire, a fire

Get going, and I'm going to be right behind you

And if the love of a woman or two, dear,

Couldn't move you to such heights, then all I can do

Is do, my darling, right by you

I understand completely

:D it's a brilliant end to such a poetically perfect piece. :)

------------------------------------

Listening to it again, YeS... I'm going to attempt to pick out my favourite part of it this time...

That the meteorite is a source of the light

And the meteor's just what we see

And the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid of the fire that propelled it to thee

And the meteorite's just what causes the light

And the meteor's how it's perceived

And the meteoroid's a bone thrown from the void that lies quiet in offering to thee

I just love this chorus of sorts, it stands out as the first of many genuinely brilliant moments that the album has throughout. :)

-----------------------------------

Second moment...

But for now, just dance, darling

C'mon, will you dance, my darling?

Darling, there's a place for us

Can we go, before I turn to dust?

Oh my darling, there's a place for us

Oh darling

C'mon will you dance, my darling?

Oh, the hills are groaning with excess

Like a table ceaselessly being set

Oh my darling, we will get there yet

I enjoy the change of pace and the way that it's sung... also towards the end where it all builds up brilliantly and ends in a really satisfying way.

-----------------------------------

Third moment...

I wasn't born of a whistle or milked from a thistle at twilight

No, I was all horns and thorns, sprung out fully formed, knock-kneed and upright

So: enough of this terror

We deserve to know light

And grow evermore lighter and lighter

You would have seen me through

But I could not undo that desire

Just the combination of lyrics and wonderful pace here before building up to the 'Oh Desire' part toward the end...

Edited by S.C.G

Monkey & Bear is stunning.

I love the image of a table ceaselessly being set. Not necessarily that big a table, just people keep coming and going, so it has to be continually cleaned and re-set.

Fourth moment... (and probably the best)

But always up the mountainside you're clambering

Groping blindly, hungry for anything:

Picking through your pocket linings - well, what is this?

Scrap of sassafras, eh sisyphus?

The main highlight of the track even though it has so many :D it's seventeen minutes of brilliance.

We should probably stop wanking over Ys. It's OVERBEARING FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

But before we do, I think my favourite bit of Emily is around 4.17, where there's a stray pluck of possibly a harp or guitar, that sounds like the opening notes of Little Earthquakes (the song). Feels like a bit in RPG's, where you can choose which town to visit first.

But before we do, I think my favourite bit of Emily is around 4.17, where there's a stray pluck of possibly a harp or guitar, that sounds like the opening notes of Little Earthquakes (the song). Feels like a bit in RPG's, where you can choose which town to visit first.

Haha true :D but it is indeed a wonderful album, easily one of the best things I've ever heard and I don't think that there will ever be anything that will ever manage to match it in quite the same way. :heart:

-----------------------------------------

Hmm I was gonna try talking about other music but after listening to YS again I just don't feel like it... :/ but anyway yeah... [/YS]

It's safe to come out now, we've stopped... honest.

Oh my god, that's the first time I've ever thought to hear that. I love.

Reminiscent of the moment when you have to choose whether to follow Locke, Terra or Sabin.

MUSE rule.......

Will that piss him off more? Hopefully

Infraction issued for quite obvious reasons, really.

Aaaand banned from thread.

I'll leave you to infract Jayseven.

No, don't let him infract me! :P

I've been listening to a lot of Caravan, Supertramp, Talking Heads and Frank Zappa recently. The latter two move me with their wit and quirky perspectives, while the first two are emotional seismetrons that lift my feet and raise my hopes for teh day.

A Seismetron is an artificial embodiment of a seismic wave. I just made the word up, I think, but it's a keeper.

So after seeing them at Latitude Festival, I went out and got Bombay Bicyle Clubs album. It's awesome. Go buy.

Gah, I really wish Muse had left out Guiding Light from The Resistance. Aside from that one terrible blip the album is fantastic. Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and MK Ultra are sublime tracks that I haven't been able to stop listening to, and the album itself is one to listen to throughout as well. I like how it works like that. I've had my hands on a physical copy of the album since Friday :heh:

But yes, without Guiding Light it'd be ideal. Possibly my least favourite Muse song, next to Micro Cuts.

Also, lol at stuwii.

If you're bothering to watch the vma's tonight on mtv, then I wouldn't read any of the following.

Just watched GaGa finish her Paparazzi performance on the vma's by bleeding to death and "hanging" herself above the stage. I loved how for a second her reaction made it look totally real (Or am I just a dumbass? Okay, I'm just a dumbass. But still). I also loved when they directed the camera toward her after she had changed into another outfit and was sitting down watching the show. I literally burst into a fit of laughter at how amazingly ridiculous she looked. I loved how after thanking her fans she ripped the mask off when accepting her award before exclaiming that the award was "for God, and for the gays!".

Kayne ran on the stage whilst Taylor Swift was accepting an award only to say "Sorry, but Beyonce made one of the bet video's ever!". Swift just stood there looking like she was about to burst tears, before being hurried off the stage. AMAZING. This is why I made the effort to stay up and find a live stream online.

Edited by Slaggis

But yes, without Guiding Light it'd be ideal. Possibly my least favourite Muse song, next to Micro Cuts.

Also, lol at stuwii.

Lul wut?

Both of the mentioned songs are awesome, you have no soul.

Lul wut?

Both of the mentioned songs are awesome, you have no soul.

Yeah was gonna say... Guiding Light I can't comment on as I haven't heard it yet - album due in the post any minute now though - but Micro Cuts? It's a brilliant track, one of the best Muse have made tbf.

Each to their own though... ::shrug:

"I just wink and blow a kiss, whilst other girl just bitch and diss.....LETS GET FUCKED UP". I love. Have you tried Gameboy/Gamegirl? If not, you must. I Gt _ In The Club is brilliant.

I hadn't tried gameboy/gamegirl I just listened to the song you suggested. :) I liked, not loved though. :p Will check out more songs however!

Have you listened to Miley Cyrus' Time of Our Lives EP? :D

anyway here is theWhen I Look At You video.

:grin:

Okay so Muse aye? I don't think there has been much talk about it...

Muse - The Resistance

I was very much more entertained by the album than I realised I would be, having ignored all the hype. Well crafted in my view and I personally enjoyed Guiding Light. I forgot i liked Muse though it ended a bit quickly for me! maybe because I was playing Half Life 2 at the same time. :heh:

Jay-Z Blueprint 3

Very good. I didn't find myself bored during the album and it all flowed together nicely. :D

Miley Cyrus - Time Of Our Lives EP

I love. :heart:

Also gave my Beatles CD a listen yesterday. It is just a compilation CD with 28 tracks on it but it was a great experience and I wish I had money to buy the albums as I think I love The Beatles. :yay: