NEurope

Will be me tomorrow, can't wait! Really can't think of many things better than seeing Blur in Hyde Park on my birthday with the sun shining!

(I know the weather forecast says it's gonna piss it down but it's wrong. It's wrong until the moment i get caught in a thunder storm, until then it's gonna be the hottest day of the year tomorrow! :yay:)

You're in luck, I think it's only raining in the morning. :smile:

I love I Am Not A Robot.

I've listened to it so many times today. Addictive as.

That Britney Spears video is awful. For the song, it's the most ill-fitting I've ever seen.

It seems it was anther hoax- DAMN

Lol, there'll be a lot of those methinks... :heh:

Though this just in, Zane Lowe on The Resistance, from his Twitter account:

"Muse "The Resistance". A beautifully recorded, strong, sweeping, fighting, uplifting, rocking, lilting and inclusive record about love."

Not what I was expecting, but it still sounds interesting! Looks like he's heard it then, so the single might actually be aired on Monday, exciting times! Zane also said to look out for more album details, including the tracklisting, on Tuesday. :grin:

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, Muse appear to be uploading the track names RIGHT NOW!!!

1. UPRISING

eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :grin:

http://twitter.com/musewire

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Lol, there'll be a lot of those methinks... :heh:

Though this just in, Zane Lowe on The Resistance, from his Twitter account:

Not what I was expecting, but it still sounds interesting! Looks like he's heard it then, so the single might actually be aired on Monday, exciting times! Zane also said to look out for more album details, including the tracklisting, on Tuesday. :grin:

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, Muse appear to be uploading the track names RIGHT NOW!!!

eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :grin:

http://twitter.com/musewire

My life is igniting My soul is confiding May this come soon

See muse are rubbing off on me

So I got Little Boots and La Roux yesterday and have since listened to both albums twice...

Conclusion? I really like them both :heh: each album has a decent amount of quality tracks while also a couple of average ones, but they are both solid efforts overall; I'll be interested in seeing what they both come up with in the future... or even... imagine a collaboration album :o actually that probably wouldn't work, but anyway yeah I liked what I heard. :)

As for rumblings of new Muse stuff, I'll believe it when I hear it on the radio... also those tracks they unveiled, were those four tracks the whole album listing? I thought United States of Eurasia was gonna be the last track... just seems odd to only reveal four, anyway w/e, can't wait to hear their new single but it had better be good.

So I got Little Boots and La Roux yesterday and have since listened to both albums twice...

Conclusion? I really like them both :heh: each album has a decent amount of quality tracks while also a couple of average ones, but they are both solid efforts overall; I'll be interested in seeing what they both come up with in the future... or even... imagine a collaboration album :o actually that probably wouldn't work, but anyway yeah I liked what I heard. :)

What are your favourite Little Boots tracks? I love Remedy so much. I just love that when one chorus ends, another kicks in.

Apart from a couple of tracks I've not given La Rouxs album a proper listen. I quite like Bulletproof, but the way Elly's coming across in the media is bugging me to the point of me not wanting to give it one.

--

Oh! And for anyone that argues Lady GaGa thinks her music is something it isn't, then:

When you listen to a song like 'LoveGame', is it communicating my soul to you? No... I make soulless electronic pop. But when you're on ecstasy in a nightclub grinding up against someone and my music comes on, you'll feel soul."
Edited by Slaggis

You also realised she said that the only way to enjoy her music is to be fucked off your face? i.e. in a unfit state of mind?

;)

You also realised she said that the only way to enjoy her music is to be fucked off your face? i.e. in a unfit state of mind?

;)

Lies. She doesn't actually say that. Jeez Ash! :p She's just saying that she makes shallow electro pop music. Nothing more, nothing less. But still, hopefully that will actually prove to people that assume that she thinks she's the best thing to hit music in years that that's so not the case, at all. She also said:

Warhol said art should be meaningful in the most shallow way," she told Maxim. "He was able to make commercial art that was taken seriously as fine art... [and] that's what I'm doing too."

I've finally warmed to Music For Men by the Gossip. I love Four Letter Word, Music For Men, and then of course Heavy Cross.

Edited by Slaggis

Comparing herself to Warhol is a bit arrogant. Warhol was a great postmodernist, I think she's trying to find reason for her suckiness :p And its not the music I have a problem with (although it is at best mediocre), its the image. It is the shallow meaningless aspect of her.

Comparing herself to Warhol is a bit arrogant. Warhol was a great postmodernist, I think she's trying to find reason for her suckiness :p And its not the music I have a problem with (although it is at best mediocre), its the image. It is the shallow meaningless aspect of her.

I'm finding it hard to understand what you mean, as such. Every artist nowadays seems to have an image that is their own, so what makes her image any different? I think her image is far from meaningless considering it adds so much to her work (E.g the Paparazzi music video, which is down right amazing when compared to any other mainstream pop video around at the moment).

I'd probably have the same opinion, did she not come across as so passionate about her work. The fact she's totally insane and amazingly slutty just makes me love her even more. But you could probably have guessed that already.

Edited by Slaggis

(New In Town has dancing hobos. Dancing hobos! How dare you :heh:)

I personally (and it is very much a personal thing) feel that her image is so manufactured and so fake. As if she decided to come up with this image to sell her music, rather than it coming from her personality. As discussed when she first hit (and I think it was Chair who said) you don't become famous for your image (not in music anyway), you need to prove you are a musically strong artist to afford such an image. She just seems to have gone "well, im not a great musician...let's just wear crazy stuff" at it reeks of artifice and desperation to me personally.

What are your favourite Little Boots tracks? I love Remedy so much. I just love that when one chorus ends, another kicks in.

Apart from a couple of tracks I've not given La Rouxs album a proper listen. I quite like Bulletproof, but the way Elly's coming across in the media is bugging me to the point of me not wanting to give it one.

Favourite Little Boots tracks atm are... Remedy, Meddle, Mathematics and Tune Into My Heart.

As for La Roux... In For The Kill, Quicksand, I'm Not Your Toy and Cover My Eyes.

I'd say give La Roux' album a proper listen, it's pretty damn good, I care not really about what the media say, hell I didn't even know that the female in the band was called 'Elly' :heh: all I really care about is the music itself, which I like. :)

Also I just obtained the Quicksand 'Mad Decent' remix and it's anything but what it describes itself to be lol I prefer the original track.

Muse "The Resistance" TRACKLISTING

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. Undisclosed Desires

4. United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage)

5. Guiding Light

6. Unnatural Selection

7. Mk. Ultra

8. I Belong to You (+ Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix) (My heart opens itself to your voice)

9. Exogenesis : Symphony Part I (Overture)

10. Exogenesis : Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)

11. Exogenesis : Symphony Part III (Redemption)

:grin: :grin: :grin::yay: :yay: :yay:

This explains Mk. Ultra; http://mburgan.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/mkultra-lsd-doc.jpg. Yay for conspiracies!! Just looked it up on Wikipedia too, and I think it sounds like a wicked concept for a song!

EDIT: That's the lot I think. I can't fucking wait!!! :D

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Muse - The Resistance

TRACKLISTING (SO FAR)

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. Undisclosed Desires

4. United States of Eurasia + Collateral Damage (b-side?)

5. Guiding Light

6. Unnatural Selection

7. Mk. Ultra

:grin: :grin: :grin::yay: :yay: :yay:

I'll add them as they're announced, they seem to be adding one track every hour. Also, track 7.... WTF?!!! xD

Oh, wait, this explains Mk. Ultra; http://mburgan.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/mkultra-lsd-doc.jpg. Yay for conspiracies!! Just looked it up on Wikipedia too, and I think it sounds like a wicked concept for a song!

MK Ultra reminds me of hyper music for some reason

MK Ultra reminds me of hyper music for some reason

Hmmm, interesting sighting there. Track 8 seems a bit odd for a muse title though. Also, the titles in brackets could be b-sides, meaning those songs are possible singles?

EDIT: Entire tracklisting added.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Hmmm, interesting sighting there. Track 8 seems a bit odd for a muse title though. Also, the titles in brackets could be b-sides, meaning those songs are possible singles?

EDIT: Entire tracklisting added.

Are you sure thats all

Are you sure thats all

Yup, Muse confirmed a while back that the "symphonic monster" would end the album, and Exogenesis (which is an amazing title) appears to be that. So that's the lot! I love the titles though, even "I Belong to You" has grown on me!

September 14th can't come soon enough! i'm looking forward to what the band have to say on Zane Lowe's show on Monday though!

Here's some very early Muse for you (1992) ;)

Lol! Yes, I know the entire Bliss = Top Gear game OST conspiracy. :P

The current tracks that are jammed on repeat:

Nine Inch Nails: The Hand That Feeds

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Edited by Goafer

Users on last.fm say Avril's new album is coming in November, but I can't find any sources for it. Anyone here knows anything?

The current tracks that are jammed on repeat:

Nine Inch Nails: The Hand That Feeds

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

nice selection there :) I love NIN plus that track, gonna see them at the start of August and can't wait. ^^

also I love the video to 'here it goes again' - as well as the track of course.

and yay for classic Offspring. ^^