NEurope

It's official: The Specials are mint.

Some of their best stuff:

A Message To You, Rudy

Gangsters

And their most famous track -

Ghost Town

Picked up Florence + The Machine and La Roux's albums.

Both pretty good. I felt a bit let down by La Roux's. Some big hitters but a lot of ok tracks.

However, Florence + The Machine is awesome. I saw her about a year ago at the ben and jerrys festival. Was blown away and ever since i've been waiting for her to release the damn album and even went to see her twice more throughout the year. She is awesome and the album is awesome!

Little video of her performing dog days are over live

Picked up Florence + The Machine and La Roux's albums.

Both pretty good. I felt a bit let down by La Roux's. Some big hitters but a lot of ok tracks.

However, Florence + The Machine is awesome. I saw her about a year ago at the ben and jerrys festival. Was blown away and ever since i've been waiting for her to release the damn album and even went to see her twice more throughout the year. She is awesome and the album is awesome!

I'm loving her album too, she has a great style, and is naturally talented. Her voice is like brown sugar, super sweet and unrefined with its own flavour.

Especially loving You've Got The Love. Makes me so happy!

Rabbit Heart and Girl With One Eye are my favourites too. I'm really wanting to see her live, but I'm not sure if I'm around when she's playing.

Shakira's new single is so damn wierd, I love it. The wolf howl in the chorus, and the "Thighs wide open" line are amazing.

Just under 5 mins to go now: http://www.muse.mu/ :grin:

EDIT: Working now, it's a new site, there's also a microsite at http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu/, though it's not working atm. I managed to get on it once though, looks like you have to sign up and unlock stuff. They're being cryptic on us again...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Clint Mansell- Death is the Road to Awe

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

From The Fountain. Stunning.

^ Have to agree there. That is a brilliant piece of music. I especially love the end where the choir comes in. That whole symphonic thing is just awesome. Really like it.

Shakira's new single is so damn wierd, I love it. The wolf howl in the chorus, and the "Thighs wide open" line are amazing.

Is that Lupa or something? I've only heard the spanish version, and it sounded absolutely disco-tastic. Not sure If I liked it.

^ Have to agree there. That is a brilliant piece of music. I especially love the end where the choir comes in. That whole symphonic thing is just awesome. Really like it.

Glad you enjoyed it :D

I know it's over 8 mins, but it's so worth it! Everyone should listen :p

Clint Mansell- Death is the Road to Awe

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

From The Fountain. Stunning.

His work for the score for Requiem For A Dream is also outstanding and is an essential part of the film.

Is that Lupa or something? I've only heard the spanish version, and it sounded absolutely disco-tastic. Not sure If I liked it.

It's Loba in spanish. I think I prefer the spanish one, because you can hear what she's saying clearer. The howl is a little unenthusiastic, so it sounds a bit silly. But it's a fun track over all.

Edited by Razz

I can't get that song out of my head lately. That's all I have to say really...

8 minutes for a song is nothing really Molly. I've listened to longer. But your right in saying that it's worth it because that ending is great. Will give it another listen later on after some Death In Vegas :awesome:

I can't get that song out of my head lately. That's all I have to say really...

It's a fantastic song. Really got respect for Dizzee Rascal.

He's a fucking baddass, that's why. He's seriously one of the best artists going atm.

Anyone on to Matthew Dear? Quality stuff, forum.

Can anybody reccomend me a Squarepusher album? I only have Just A Souvenir and I'm not so keen on it, if only because of the sound effects he uses. I really like Cooper's World but that is the only other song I have by him. Thanks in advance :)

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's particularly in to him anyway. He's hardly cuddly mainstream :)

Yeah true. Most of the music I like isn't exactly cuddly mainstream either.

Jazz!

Edited by ipaul

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's particularly in to him anyway. He's hardly cuddly mainstream :)

I take offense.

Lady Gaga does free gig for charity workers

Lady GaGa delighted thousands of young charity workers in concert and vowed to make volunteering fashionable.

The New York pop star topped the bill at the Orange RockCorps gig at Manchester Apollo in front of 3,000 people who each secured a ticket by performing four hours of voluntary work.

The concert-goers took part in the music-led programme which addressed issues as diverse as social deprivation, urban regeneration and support for people affected by HIV.

I'm actually impressed. Not neccesarily with her, but whoever thought of the idea.