NEurope

Yeah, Biology, Wild Horses, Models, Racye Lacey, Swinging London Town, Love is The Key and some I forget on Tangled Up are all great tunes by Girls Aloud.

Girls Aloud have made songs that I actually tolerate, it must be said. But they haven't really made anything I'd actually find myself singing randomly on the way down to the shop. (The other two groups have made nothing but shit imo.)

But, this lot: Girls' Generation (or 소녀시대/Sonyeoshidae to give them their native Korean name and my showing-off skill.), have surpassed all that by making a song I actually like, even if it was a grower. (And all 9 members are actually quite cute. ;))

Only a few days to go until I get to see blur at Hyde Park (on both days). Cant waitt!! They are in their prime.

Bought Regina Spektor's new album, it's decent so far. Some lovely melodies. Definitely more Begin To Hope than Soviet Kitsch, but some really nice ones.

I already loved Dance Anthem of the 80's, but Human Of The Year and Folding Chair stick out on first listen too.

I quite like this song:

Marina & The Diamonds - I Am Not A Robot

I can't get Bulletproof by La Roux out of my head.

From the two songs of hers I heard, I already prefer her/them to Little Boots. (who seemed more hyped)

This time baby

I'll beeeeeee

Bullet!

Proof!

EDIT: Just got the album, gonna give it a proper spin tomorrow. Genuinely excited.

Edited by Paj!

Something in the music thread you are talking about I'm actually interested in Paj! I'm a little bit shocked.

Post your thoughts in here please, thinking whether to pick it up. Haven't heard bulletproof but Quicksand is a tune!

Haven't heard bulletproof but Quicksand is a tune!

This... I really like Quicksand, but I kept hearing Bulletproof on the radio and I genuinely didn't know it was by the same artist, this doesn't change the fact that I'm not too keen on it :/ I might give it another listen while at home, sometimes stuff sounds very different when I hear it on the radio at work.

Anyway I think the reason I wasn't too fussed about it is that if I hear a song that's similar in name I compare it to the first song I know that's good with a similar title, so in this instance I end up comparing La Roux's - Bullet Proof with Radiohead's - Bullet Proof... I wish I was but tbh there isn't any comparison at all. :p

My recent downloads from iTunes. Rock Band is to blame for the first 2. No idea why I decided I wanted the 3rd (apart from the fact that it's awesome):

Edited by Goafer

This... I really like Quicksand, but I kept hearing Bulletproof on the radio and I genuinely didn't know it was by the same artist, this doesn't change the fact that I'm not too keen on it :/ I might give it another listen while at home, sometimes stuff sounds very different when I hear it on the radio at work.

Anyway I think the reason I wasn't too fussed about it is that if I hear a song that's similar in name I compare it to the first song I know that's good with a similar title, so in this instance I end up comparing La Roux's - Bullet Proof with Radiohead's - Bullet Proof... I wish I was but tbh there isn't any comparison at all. :p

I'm addicted to La Roux atm. The album is brilliant. If anyone here liked Little Boots' album, think that, but 10x better.

bulLET

PROOF :bowdown:

Off to see Bloc Party AGAIN tonight for the 11th time.

They're playing a special members only gig at a new venue opening in highbury called "the garage".

I loves them :D

I can't get Bulletproof by La Roux out of my head.

From the two songs of hers I heard, I already prefer her/them to Little Boots. (who seemed more hyped)

This time baby

I'll beeeeeee

Bullet!

Proof!

EDIT: Just got the album, gonna give it a proper spin tomorrow. Genuinely excited.

Shes a man btw

I can't stop listening to Jack Penate with the accent on top!

I've been singing it all day! :grin:

You confuse me.

Have you seen the video for bulletproofMARE

I'm addicted to La Roux atm. The album is brilliant. If anyone here liked Little Boots' album, think that, but 10x better.

bulLET

PROOF :bowdown:

Actually I heard Bulllllletproof on the radio again today and I liked it more than I recall from last time, but I prefer Quicksand I think... just like with Little Boots I prefer Meddle to Stuck on Repeat, they are both pretty good artists though from what I've heard, may pick up their albums soon. :)

Shes a man btw

Who?...the singer from Dead or Alive?....Yeah, we know already. It's not hard to see that... :indeed:

Have you seen the video for bulletproofMARE

Get a life.

Just because she isn't a member of the Saturdays dressed in nothing but a paper towel doesn't make her bad. They've got to no.1 with a front woman who looks a bit like a lesbian, who isn't typically hot. Deal with it.

Go watch transformers and jerk off to Megan Fox.

Only just saw this video for the first time, and it genuinely creeped me out. Love the song though.

Remember hearing it but not really taking much notice of it last year, but found it again whilst looking up masses of club remixes.

oh my god La Roux's album is fucking brilliant, forum. Top grade pop. Seriously, this is exactly how it should be done- crafted, razor sharp slices of perfection from proper artists.

Best pop album since Overpowered. Words to be marked.

A few things I've been listening to recently:

Breakfast In America - Supertramp I had naively thought that Cupid's Chokehold was an original offering, so was surprised to find that it's actually sampling this track. A friend sent this to me, and at first I wasn't really liking it but it's grown on me. I love how it suddenly goes all mazal tov randomly as well.

Riot Poof - Tori Amos Everyone's favourite over-mentioned artist! This song has a real spacey vibe to it, especially after the chorus, where the synths just remind me of some campy episode of the old star trek. Also I love the lyrics, and just the whole meaning of the song. Quoted directly: “...It’s like I’m the tooth fairy, the homo fairy and this is my present to all the homophobes. I’m leaving it under all their pillows… Blossom riot poof.†A definite space oddity.

Rabbit Heart - Florence + The Machine Probably my favourite track of right now. It's just fantastic, and it's getting a lot of airplay from what I hear. I like her voice and style, and I have a soft spot for the video which I can only describe as a pagan barbecue turned orgy. I particularly like the use of the harps, really haunting.

I Am Not A Robot - Marina And The Diamonds Quite catchy, I like her voice although at some time it warbles a little too much for my liking. She sounds a lot like someone I've already heard, I just can't pin it.

Meddle - Little Boots I've had the remix that daft posted many months ago for ages now, and only just heard the original version when the album came out. Probably one of my favourites from the album, the stomping beat is great and the melody tops it off.

Off to see Bloc Party AGAIN tonight for the 11th time.

They're playing a special members only gig at a new venue opening in highbury called "the garage".

I loves them :D

Hasn't the Highbury Garage been there ages, they've just rebranded it The Relentless Garage?

Going to see New Found Glory there in August.

oh my god La Roux's album is fucking brilliant, forum. Top grade pop. Seriously, this is exactly how it should be done- crafted, razor sharp slices of perfection from proper artists.

Best pop album since Overpowered. Words to be marked.

Ah goodo! I shall have ittttt!

Stuwii, you have the brain of a nat, idioto! :indeed:

Razz I happen to agree, I've been listening to Meddle these past few days and her album has really grown on me!

After hearing Akon's Beautiful and Gym Class Heroes' Cookie Jar too many times each last night I have some kind of bizarre mix of the two stuck in my head. It's actually pretty good, maybe I should try it...