NEurope

You kids remember... there's Björk, Beth Gibbons (Portishead), Louise Rhodes (Lamb), Joanna Newsom, Janis Joplin, Karin Dreijer Andersson (The Knife), Imogen Heap, Cat Power, Bilinda Butcher (My Bloody Valentine), Regina Spektor, Ólöf Arnalds (múm)... and there's tons more! Jeff Buckley is insanely good, but not beyond competition, my friends.

you make some very good name drops there. I'd add Alison Goldfrapp and Roisin Murphy as personal favourites. The Knife lady is also amazing.

Generally, my collection is dominated by male vocalists though. i always think they have more range to their voices than Females. When they're good, anyway.

re: my collection: It's seriously about 10:1 ace males to females :s

For every Amy Winehouse I find, there's Daryl Hall, Al Green, Brian Wilson, that dude from The Dears and so on.

you make some very good name drops there. I'd add Alison Goldfrapp and Roisin Murphy as personal favourites. The Knife lady is also amazing.

Generally, my collection is dominated by male vocalists though. i always think they have more range to their voices than Females. When they're good, anyway.

Well, I personally think it's the same wether it's male or female... I love them both equally. Nice point about Murphy and Alison.

Now, if you ask me wich of them has Jeff's talent for music, that's different... I'd say Björk and Joanna Newsom. End of list.

I just realised I have no female singers in my collection.

(Unless you count a couple of collaboration songs, although still I can only come up with 1 song by Jack Johnson and 1 by Incubus)

I love 'Rockin' the Suburbs', it's such a great album, especially "Gone" and "Annie waits".

Just got hold of some Stone Temple Pilots! My kind of stuff because I'm a big 90s grunge-o but it's strange because they are a big mixing pot of all of the others. Very Pearl Jam meets Soundgarden. It's not great music but its still cool to listen too, like all of the soundtrack for The Crow.

I quite like Ben Fold's 'Ascent of Stan Jones' and cover of 'Bitches Ain't Shit', but his cover of 'Such Great Heights' is utterly dire. Its like the spotty teenager from The Simpsons grating his nails on a chalkboard while swinging a cat.

Anyone heard Lightspeed Champions album? I really liked Test Icicles, may go out and buy LC's album tomrorow.

Just got hold of some Stone Temple Pilots! My kind of stuff because I'm a big 90s grunge-o but it's strange because they are a big mixing pot of all of the others. Very Pearl Jam meets Soundgarden. It's not great music but its still cool to listen too, like all of the soundtrack for The Crow.

Which album(s) did you get? glad you like the music IMO its fantastic music, I think they started to carve out there own sound from the 2nd album onward, they recived a lot of criticism as a band which is a shame ya know as they were one of the great talents of 90's.

Which album(s) did you get? glad you like the music IMO its fantastic music, I think they started to carve out there own sound from the 2nd album onward, they recived a lot of criticism as a band which is a shame ya know as they were one of the great talents of 90's.

Core, so it's got some really good tunes on it. To be fair I think Soundgarden tried to do their sound for a song or two which just didn't work at all. It's cool, really chilled out which reminds me that i need to get hold of some Opeth as well.

Core, so it's got some really good tunes on it. To be fair I think Soundgarden tried to do their sound for a song or two which just didn't work at all. It's cool, really chilled out which reminds me that i need to get hold of some Opeth as well.

Cool, Core is a great album, if you decide to get anymore STP i reccomend No 4. (Well thats my favorite), now thats a killer album.

Core is probably their weakest album. I really like "Tiny Songs ..."

Lots of their albums sound very different to each other.

Have you tried Screaming Trees? If you like grunge you should pick up Dust and Sweet Oblivion (at least). Dust is up there with the best grunge albums of ever.

Core is probably their weakest album. I really like "Tiny Songs ..."

Lots of their albums sound very different to each other.

Have you tried Screaming Trees? If you like grunge you should pick up Dust and Sweet Oblivion (at least). Dust is up there with the best grunge albums of ever.

Oh yes, but I dont have any of there albums so maybe I might get one next. :)

Anyone heard Lightspeed Champions album? I really liked Test Icicles, may go out and buy LC's album tomrorow.

It is very different from the work he did with Test Icicles.

Its a solid album though.

Burnout Paradise OST Is so good.

I reckon about 10% is good, the rest is dire.

I quite like Ben Fold's 'Ascent of Stan Jones' and cover of 'Bitches Ain't Shit', but his cover of 'Such Great Heights' is utterly dire. Its like the spotty teenager from The Simpsons grating his nails on a chalkboard while swinging a cat.

failz. It's ace.

It can't beat the epic original though. And usually I don't mind covers not being as good as the original as long as its good in its own right but the Ben Folds cover is not good in any right.

I love Ben Folds version of SGH, granted the original is better but i think his is fantastic.

A lot of his stuff is a bit.. "Meh" though.

Lightspeed Champions new album is the sex, I enjoy his work, and he admits that he thought Test Icicles was shit too XD

So I'm trying to get my head around the recent Paramore obsession people seem to be having at school. I'm listening to them and it just sounds the same as every other 'Next big thing' there's been recently :blank:

I mean it's not terrible, but it's not obsession worthy as people are making it out. :zzz:

So I'm trying to get my head around the recent Paramore obsession people seem to be having at school. I'm listening to them and it just sounds the same as every other 'Next big thing' there's been recently :blank:

I mean it's not terrible, but it's not obsession worthy as people are making it out. :zzz:

Quoted because it needs quoting.

And for truth.

Yeah, I was kind of over Paramore as soon as I had listened to Riot! like 3 times.

(Lol I am aware it's in my sig as one of my top played albums. I don't know why/how I've played it so much)

Luckily I found paramore before the craze and have since not had much chance to watch kerrang and scuzz so I don't hear them all too often. But it's like the mcr craze, it'll die eventually.

I wonder if anybody else listens to porcelain and the tramps? Or even alice in videoland?