N-Europe

wii racers

stuwii

What the f**k are you talking about? I've got NFS:Carbon, and I must say that the controlls feel a lot more precise than with a stick. In Carbon I hit things much less than I did in NFS:MW for the Cube.

GT pro series is the only Wii-exclusive GT-ish game out there ATM, but I think there'll be a sequell, with more cars, better tracks and realistic graphics.

Imagine how good a racer could look on Wii. For example, look how good Project Gotham Racing 2 looked on the original Xbox...

pgr2.jpg

PGR2_15_500.jpg

I stand by what I said, there aren't a great deal of people who are loving the likes of Motorstorm with tilt controls.

Maybe that's because the motion-sensing technology in the PS3's controller isn't as good as that in the Wii remote? Or the game itself makes poor use of it?

Whatever the case, I haven't heard or read any similar complaints about Excite Truck.

F-Zero and their ilk don't give the same sense of challenge or satisfaction as perfectly rounding the bend in 4th, before allowing yourself to drift over onto the kerb on the other side as you fondle the brake button, ready to take it to 2nd and then back up as you floor the accelerator out of the chicane.

When you try and try and finally nail perfectly it feels fantastic.

Non-realistic racing = realistic racing. Any day of the week.

F-Zero and their ilk don't give the same sense of challenge or satisfaction as perfectly rounding the bend in 4th, before allowing yourself to drift over onto the kerb on the other side as you fondle the brake button, ready to take it to 2nd and then back up as you floor the accelerator out of the chicane.

When you try and try and finally nail perfectly it feels fantastic.

At the end of the day, I think it's mainly petrol heads or people interested in formula 1, etc who really, really enjoy realistic racers. For everyone else, there's the mario karts, Crash team racing games, etc.

I like realistic racing games because of their realistic nature. :) A deeper, more intricate driving model is associated with them that, in my opinion, can be just as thrilling to experience as the frenzied speed of games like Burnout or F-Zero.

I'm not trying to say realistic racing games are better than the unrealistic. They both can have a high entertainment value, just on different levels.

I love MK DS, think that F-Zero is decent, but I still enjoy playing realistic games more. Yeah, I AM a petrolhead, but I don't like F1, Lemans or any of those racers. I like realistic games (when it comes to the look and handling of the cars), better-than-real tracks (no real racetracks surrounded by concrete walls, give me a real city, a forrest or a road next to the beach).

I want a game where I can buy the same car I have in real life (it's probbably going to be a Fiat Coupé), then tune the crap out of it, then enjoy taking it in high speeds through lush surroundings...

Pardon? ;)

If there was a perfectly realistic driving game, you'd probably spend most of your time with your controller in your lap waiting for the lights to change, while wondering what to have for tea.

Guest Jordan

I prefer Ridge Racer 6, Burnout series, PGR (yes, its still damn arcady compared to others) and such over GT or Forza.

Pardon? ;)

If there was a perfectly realistic driving game, you'd probably spend most of your time with your controller in your lap waiting for the lights to change, while wondering what to have for tea.

Can't say I can recall a lot of touring car races being held up for extended periods by some old biddy at the zebra crossing.

I have played Rallisport Challenge 2 on the XBox a bit and it was brilliant so I'd love something similar for the Wii (not Rallisport, obviously.. but you get what I mean)

..going back to V-Rally 3 on the Gamecube felt a bit pathetic for a while afterwards :hmm: