Skies of Arcadia Official Thread

Stocka

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

(bump on the thread)

Arghhhh... I need this game, it goes as high as £40 (aka 60€) on ebay, i'm going mad, lol... even if I bid there's no guarantee i'll really get it

this sucks :cry:

I can get a new and sealed skies of arcadia US/NTSC for 30€ (20£) so I'm thinking, but the store only has 3 of them left in stock, so I have to think quickly...

I wanted the PAL version because not only I like to have PAL UK products but also, I don't even have a freeloader, but above all I wanna play the game...

If anyone in the forum wants to sell me one copy, you can PM me, I'm willing to give 60€ for a unscratched ones (in ebay you never know) :'(

man they go for that much? Is it a bad time to tell you i picked mine up for £26 brand new? Oh yeah plus i didn't even play the game till it had sat on my side for a year and a half lol
ok... now I officially want to cry :cry:

I played bits of this game in a dreamcast of a friend of mine, it was a awesome game, I never bought it for gamecube because I couldn't really use a credit card before, still I could have bought it, had I known it would be out of print soon.

that's the only game I feel like playing now, and I can't even buy it :(

so... awesome game isn't it? a crime to leave it alone for a whole year and a half before playing it

I love this game, it automatically became one of my favs after playing it, never finished it thought, it always happen when I stop playng the game for a day or 2 :hmm:

I have a theory that this game is based in some european history and mainly the portuguese one (not the plot just some geografical points and events), Like prince Henrique, he has the same name of the portuguese prince that initiated the portuguese discoveries around the world and "built" a new kind of ship who permits it, in the game the the city Esperaza is hard to pass because of the dark reef just like the cape of Good Hope (Esperança in portuguese) in south africa, and the portuguese we're the first ones to pass around it to go to asia, then in the game we're the first persons to go to Yafutoma wich is identical to japan, in real life the portuguese we're the first europeans that japanese actualy saw, and the last thing I remember is when you circuvent the globe in the game you're the first one to discover that the world is round just like the portuguese Fernão de Magalhães.

Hope this doesn't sound to patriotic from me :p

I love this game, it automatically became one of my favs after playing it, never finished it thought, it always happen when I stop playng the game for a day or 2 :hmm:

I have a theory that this game is based in some european history and mainly the portuguese one (not the plot just some geografical points and events), Like prince Henrique, he has the same name of the portuguese prince that initiated the portuguese discoveries around the world and "built" a new kind of ship who permits it, in the game the the city Esperaza is hard to pass because of the dark reef just like the cape of Good Hope (Esperança in portuguese) in south africa, and the portuguese we're the first ones to pass around it to go to asia, then in the game we're the first persons to go to Yafutoma wich is identical to japan, in real life the portuguese we're the first europeans that japanese actualy saw, and the last thing I remember is when you circuvent the globe in the game you're the first one to discover that the world is round just like the portuguese Fernão de Magalhães.

Hope this doesn't sound too patriotic from me :p

Not at all :) There are ussually lots of references to portugal in japanese fiction, we got there peacefully and left that way, so we're seen much like friends...

On another note... I'm also convinced that the Zoras in Zelda series represent the Portuguese people, they come from the sea, make trades with hyrule... and in Majora Mask you learn: "New Wave Bossa Nova" that's when it hit me, bossa nova is a brazilian style, but... Amalia Rodriges had a LP named "formiga bossa nova", that means either Lulu sings "fado" (also a name in wind waker and twilight princess meaning "destiny") or it is most likely refering to the brazilian music... (but I doubt japanese know the diference, a few days ago some people is this forum didn't even know the diference between portuguese and spanish :P)

Anyway... it gotta be something to do with the portuguese, too much in common.

About Skies of Arcadia... those boats and all... you should be right, but right now all I want is to play the game :P

I hadn't ever heard of the game it was only a recommendation from a sales assistant in the shop that made me buy it. And as i had never heard about it i just left it on the side as i had other games to play. It wasn't till i was very board one day that i found out about this little gem :)

• 2 weeks later...
I want this game now. been thinking lately which Cube games to catch up on and couldn't really think of anything. Just got Killer 7, but I think I'd really like Skies.

but I'm not paying that much for it. cheaper to get a dreamcast with it on i think.

indeed, but I prefer getting the Gamecube version, the PAL one because it'll be quite rare in the future, I already bought a sealed NTSC version cheap, just in case (because I really want to play the game). I'm not playing it yet because I don't have a freeloader :) and I have Baten Kaitos now (one hell of a game)

but I'm still after the PAL version... so hopefully I won't need it. :)

By the way... the cube edition is a directors cut, although (I think) Dreamcast has some content that GC lacks and vice-versa, all in all... they claim GC has more 10 hours of game, so if you're going for something cheap you can get a sealed skies GC NTSC for 30 euros or so.

yeah true. i might just go for ntsc as i have a action replay which i think came with freeloader software. which i have never used by the way. so this might be the time to finally put it to some use.

i'd prefer pal but i don't think i'm prepared to pay more than £30 that's for sure.

Baten is very good. it's in my top 5 Cube games. it gets better and better as you go on.

If he is interested I guess wouldn't mind selling it to him (or anyone interested), I'll only do that when I get my PAL version though (hopefully 2/3 days)

Anyway, if he is interested we can arrange it, I won't throw in a fixed price though, I'll let that up to the one who's interested (I'm willing to sell it for cheap though). it costed me 20£ (30€) plus transport :) so I'll make it cheaper than that, but all the money offered is welcomed... :P

No clue about how should the transfers be done and all, I'm kinda n00b in this.

The game is unsealed because I read the manual, but never played/mint, because I don't even have a freeloader... (I wanted to secure a copy of the game, and thought I'd never get a UK/PAL version)

Just won this game on ebay. NTSC version, it better work with my Action Replay. So can't wait to get hold of it now.

How does this compare with Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaito, for people who'te played all 3?

It's a good solid traditional Japanese RPG, just don't expect the beautiful graphics of BK and Tos and the battle system aint so speciel either, just your standard turn based affair.

• 3 weeks later...
It's a good solid traditional Japanese RPG, just don't expect the beautiful graphics of BK and Tos and the battle system aint so speciel either, just your standard turn based affair.

The story is great and involving though. Few twists and turns you might not expect! Buy it.

I'm ashamed to say I traded mine in after I completed it.. kinda wish I didn't because it's easily one of my all time fave games!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!