N-Europe

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

flameboy

Why does it use the old Sonic engine from Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog though? It obvious it does from those shots, that's a bit of a bummer.

Great news I guess, but wasn't Nights just a cult game but it not anything revolutionary, just very good, I think some people are getting their hopes up.

I'm still undecided whether I should be excited about this or not.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it use the old Sonic engine from Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog though? It obvious it does from those shots, that's a bit of a bummer.

Great news I guess, but wasn't Nights just a cult game but it not anything revolutionary, just very good, I think some people are getting their hopes up.

If it was for 360 or PS3 you would be. Also who cares if it was revolutionary (and it was in a way) or not, what matters is that it was good.

Renderware?

Hope not.

But I also believe Sonic and the Secret Rings used it.

Still if they used it, it wouldn't be the same build of the engine, it evolved a lot from Heroes. (heroes should use version 3, now we have version 4, I believe)

One question.....

Could Miyamoto be involved in this?

I think not, he has a lot of work already and this is another company's franchise.

If it was for 360 or PS3 you would be. Also who cares if it was revolutionary (and it was in a way) or not, what matters is that it was good.

But there have been loads of good games in the past.

Why's everyone making a deal about this one good game?

Why do people come down on me so much for disagreeing?

P.S. Did you forget to put the "n't" on some of those "wases" there?

One question.....

Could Miyamoto be involved in this?

Doubt it. It doesn't seem like a collaboration at all.

But there have been loads of good games in the past.

Why's everyone making a deal about this one good game?

Why do people come down on me so much for disagreeing?

P.S. Did you forget some "wasn't's" there?

No I didn't forget anything, and it's because it was really good and fun game that was overlooked that's it. The thing is, you always disagree, you always bitch and moan about everything involving Nintendo and that's annoying. Of course that's gonna make people reply. It's not like I have anything against you, but you don't have to be so anti-Nintendo to look unbiased. You have a right to disagree though, or the forums would be boring with Zombie mentality and I also have a right to disagree with you.

This game was never going to be focused on graphics anyway, it's one of the games that would fit so perfectly for the Wii because of the gameplay/controller relationship. Of course, we'd all be happier if it looked a lot better as Wii can do much better but for now the news that it is coming is good enough.

The thing is, you always disagree, you always bitch and moan about everything involving Nintendo and that's annoying. Of course that's gonna make people reply.

Bingo, you don't give two shits if I praise Nintendo for something, you only care if I say something bad.

[begin Rant] If anything I'm biased to Nintendo more than anyone else, that's why I always buy their consoles, defend them if they're being unfairly judged and always pick their frachises over others.

But at the moment it's like 'so what'?

I don't get all these casual games, there so much less fun than normal games but still put at the same price.

That's why I come down on Nintendo a bit these days, it's like they're starting to forget their hardcore audience that have kept them alive for the past 10 years while Sony has dominated the market.

That's why I am different to you Hellfire, I'm not satisfied at the moment, but I'm gonna give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt and let them prove me wrong hoepfully by december, if not then I will have lost all faith in the company. [End Rant]

I just wanted to get this off my chest, I don't really need a lengthy reply telling me why I'm wrong.

Well it's great to be us right now,and sucks to be ONM.

I hope this will be a turning point for SEGA where there is quality games.It seems the director guy is treating it well.I don't want this rushed or anything,i'd be happy if it get's delayed.

I can't wait for more news on this,so exciting >.<

I hope it all the old NiGHTs fans will get it and this will do wonders for the Wii.

I need more news on this.

That's why I come down on Nintendo a bit these days, it's like they're starting to forget their hardcore audience that have kept them alive for the past 10 years while Sony has dominated the market.

That's why I am different to you Hellfire, I'm not satisfied at the moment, but I'm gonna give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt and let them prove me wrong hoepfully by december, if not then I will have lost all faith in the company. [End Rant]

I agree, but I think it's to do with how focused they are on this idea of brining in new gamers. It's hard to draw in new gamers, and keep older, more hardcore gamers happy at the same time, as generally what they want in games is pretty much diametrically opposed. I'd say more experienced gamers want a deeper, more rewarding and fulfilling game. where as the "new player" wants just instanteous gratification in a paick up and play kind of way.

That said, they still are giving these games, like Smash Bros, Galaxy, Corruption, I just think that the balance is not right at the moment

Bingo, you don't give two shits if I praise Nintendo for something, you only care if I say something bad.

That's why I am different to you Hellfire, I'm not satisfied at the moment, but I'm gonna give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt and let them prove me wrong hoepfully by december, if not then I will have lost all faith in the company.

Well I am satisfied, there's nothing wrong with that and of course you won't see me arguin with you when I agree with you. That would be stupid. But you can also see the diferences between the replies I give to your posts and those that I give to the likes of motion and zeldafreak. While I totally disagree with your opinion most of the times, you don't post like a 5 year old, so I treat you with respect.

Im still thinking how in the world did Maxi Consolas got this!!!

Beats me, tech.pt (a technology portuguese show) also had the first re4 video. canocha you should post here more often :)

Well I am satisfied, there's nothing wrong with that and of course you won't see me arguin with you when I agree with you. That would be stupid. But you can also see the diferences between the replies I give to your posts and those that I give to the likes of motion and zeldafreak. While I totally disagree with your opinion most of the times, you don't post like a 5 year old, so I treat you with respect.

Alright then, we'll agree to disagree, and respect each other, maybe one day we can settle this with an online game of Brawl. :smile:

Just a sidenote, this game is from sega, nothing to do with Nintendo.

Why praise Nintendo then? (or not praise them, for the matter) I'm praising Sega, because I love NiGHTS.

As for "it seems a dreamcast game"; In the NiGHTS polycount I agree, I hope it's placeholder, because it looks like it is (or provinient from the canceled DC version).

But the worlds are not, and look at the bosses lightning. DC? not a chance in hell. And even if NiGHTS poly-count is left as is, I believe it'll look great on motion.

This is a game I'd buy a Sega console for, let alone a Wii I already have.

Just a sidenote, this game is from sega, nothing to do with Nintendo.

Why praise Nintendo then? (or not praise them, for the matter) I'm praising Sega, because I love NiGHTS.

As for "it seems a dreamcast game"; In the NiGHTS polycount I agree, I hope it's placeholder, because it looks like it is (or provinient from the canceled DC version).

But the worlds are not, and look at the bosses lightning. DC? not a chance in hell. And even if NiGHTS poly-count is left as is, I believe it'll look great on motion.

This is a game I'd buy a Sega console for, let alone a Wii I already have.

Maybe Sega is going to do some normal mapping (sorry... i know lame joke) :heh:

This is probably coming in 2008... so there's still so much time for improvement!