NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

Fine then, what in hell would you want it to have that's so innovative?

Keeping in mind, we've seen a 1 minute teaser, and that's all we know.

Maybe do it in wind waker style graphics.

Set in the year 3XXX, something other than keep setting in the same place - where its kill dudes earn money buy cars.

Maybe where you play as a cop.

Maybe do it in wind waker style graphics.

Set in the year 3XXX, something other than keep setting in the same place - where its kill dudes earn money buy cars.

Maybe where you play as a cop.

Take Two aren't doing too well currently btw. :indeed:

america is gonna go mad at the fact the lead is a russian immigrant, who smuggles people into the country...

but yeah this looks fuckin epic, how u can complain about a game that is set in pretty much new york city is beyond me... this is 1 of the greatest cities in the world and in size it will be massive, think the 3 boroughs and a countryside + the rest of the state... perhaps a capital city close by?

no gameplay features have been given away, just a storyline and a city - and both of them look great... so far, so good

wow at times square, god i love gta games lol

Because they won't call it new york city, but they'll call it liberty city.

Just call it new york city rockstar and move on. Tokyo beating up yakuza and a godzilla in a mascot suit would be so much more fun.

Take Two aren't doing too well currently btw. :indeed:

I know that but thats because of the incompentant senior management in the game.

There just aren't enough cars!!! This is NY for god's sake, there should be huge traffic jams!!

I know that but thats because of the incompentant senior management in the game.

Still, it's no reason to call them out on making it cell shaded and being in the future. Just wouldn't happen..........but I'm guessing your comment was trying to take the piss in some way.

No flying planes in this game.

You got that from a one min trailer!

wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowwwwwowowowowwwwwwwowowowowowowowwwwwowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow!!!!

Traffic jams in a video game would ruin the playability.

Ralistic traffic jams, as in traffic jams happening where and when they would in real life, would make the city more realistic. If it was 9:00 in the morning and you were doing a mission you wouldn't go through Time Sq because it would be packed so you would have to look for an alternate route. It would be way better than looking for the shortest mathematical distance between 2 points! It would also be a really good way of making the player use the whole city instead of the easiest/biggest/mostdirect route!

You got that from a one min trailer!

If they set in any way sort of form in New York City or as Rockstar like to call it Liberty City. Then they won't add flying - because it'll piss off a load of gamers and load of other people.

WOO EPIC!! I expected a lil to be honest tho :( But the graphics have made a huge leap for GTA =) Beautiful! :santa:

well lets face it.... we will all get in a plane and find the nearest sky scraper to smash into :grin: only jokin:laughing:

well lets face it.... we will all get in a plane and find the nearest sky scraper to smash into :grin: only jokin:laughing:

Exactly if they do that its an instant ban in the states.

I don't get why people get excited over GTA games. Aside from being system sellers.

From GTA forums:

The game will take place in a version of New York State. The name of the state is unknown. I've always said it might be called New Liberty, because it looks like they are continuing the trend of "fake" cities/state names. Liberty City will be part of this state, but as we can see, there is much more to this state than just LC. Liberty City itself has not changed, aside from the obvious graphical upgrade. Now, anyone remember Shoreside Vale in GTA 3 and LCS? It had tunnels inside it's mountains, that were blocked off. These tunnels lead to the other sections of this un-named state, that LC is in. In LCS, there is a sign that says "Upstate". So we can assume that the game will take place in an entire state, which includes Liberty City. We can also assume that there will be countryside, including the mountains in LC. Don't get pissed because we're going back to LC again, there will be much more to the map. And for all you know, we might visit other cities/states/countries anyway. The Empire State Building is in the trailer, along with the Statue of Liberty, as well as various other well known New York landmarks, most of which we never saw in LC/GTA 3.

GTA3=New York City/Liberty City

GTA4=New York State/? which obviously includes NYC/LC.

LC is most likely not changing in GTA IV, we're probably just seeing what lies beyond it. There is also a lot being added to it, but the basic map design seems to be the same. Of course we're going to see new buildings like the Empire State Building, but that's just because many of the taller buildings in GTA 3 where throwaway's, and most of them were not even complete models, nor were they fully solid, so thats why they did that. They patched up the incomplete models by replacing them altogether, and creating new connections to NY in the process. What else is in this state? We can tell there's a GTA version of the Statue Of Liberty, a funpark including a rollercoster, and much more. These are all most likely outside of LC, not part of it.

It's been a proper mong-a-thon on the gamefaqs boards since the trailer, with threads such as "Are you ok with bieng a foriener killing americans?"

I've jsut had a look throguh the GTA Board...not soemthign I want to look at again, What the hell is wrong with palying with a Russian Charcter? I thinkit's gonig to be awsoem Russian Mafia is gonigt o kick some ass. I saw 3 topics saying Maybe the Russian guy isn't the main charcter >> Idiots

Liberty City looks Bloody nice though and this pic makes it lot better

my.php?image=libertyop6.png

I've jsut had a look throguh the GTA Board...not soemthign I want to look at again, What the hell is wrong with palying with a Russian Charcter? I thinkit's gonig to be awsoem Russian Mafia is gonigt o kick some ass. I saw 3 topics saying Maybe the Russian guy isn't the main charcter >> Idiots

Plus "He's middle eastern!" and "I sawed the twin towers in the trailer and it maded me feel sick how can Tka e Too do dis?!"