Do my Penguin for me

1! but I'm probably wrong :)

Not in my book, you ain't.

You forgot the -1 x +1 =]

No, I really didn't...

Thanks guys

No problem. :smile:

And anyway, in regards of interest-level, surd's > geography essay. :indeed:

I was wondering has anyone had the A2 General Studies coursework to do?

I find it relatively essay to just waffle on, but a limit of 1000 words :| I can't even get all the main points through =[

Remember it's just the difference between two squares, saves you having to do pointless calculations.

a^2 - b^2 = (a + b)(a - b)

Remember it's just the difference between two squares, saves you having to do pointless calculations.

a^2 - b^2 = (a + b)(a - b)

Aye, I thought of that too, but I might as well give the full explanation, eh?

Ah, surds. You probably won't forget once you've learnt them, which can't be said for a lot of maths.

Anyway, feel free to send science and maths this way... I need something to do before university.

Ah, surds. You probably won't forget once you've learnt them, which can't be said for a lot of maths.

Anyway, feel free to send science and maths this way... I need something to do before university.

What he said.

Heya, I once again return to this thread.. yay!

I'm doing my R.E. homework which I hate doing, and I'm fairly stuck on this statement and what to write;

C) Explain why Catholics believe evil and suffering exists.

Now, I know the basis, people were given free will by God, so they can do what they want, but I don't know how to elaborate on it, and any other points! Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

How about because it does?

Or if you mean hell, it exists as a way to control the masses.

C) Explain why Catholics believe evil and suffering exists.

I'd better not answer that... :nono:

Maths stuff again:

"Write down the gradient of the straight line and the intersection of the y axis"

5X+2Y=7

Yaaaaaarrrr

Maths stuff again:

"Write down the gradient of the straight line and the intersection of the y axis"

5X+2Y=7

Well for the intersection, this is when X=0, therefore the X is taken out of the equation. Then it goes 2y=7, therefore y=3.5

Now this is embarassing, but I can't remeber how to work out the gradient from this. Its there on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite remember it. Someone put me out of my misery and answer him :D

Well for the intersection, this is when X=0, therefore the X is taken out of the equation. Then it goes 2y=7, therefore y=3.5

Now this is embarassing, but I can't remeber how to work out the gradient from this. Its there on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite remember it. Someone put me out of my misery and answer him :D

Thanks :) it was more of a check really. I was positive i was wrong, but i got 3.5 aswell. For the gradient i got 2.5 (Being the 5 before the x devided by 2)

Thanks :) it was more of a check really. I was positive i was wrong, but i got 3.5 aswell. For the gradient i got 2.5 (Being the 5 before the x devided by 2)

Ah, so all you do is rearrange it. Can't believe I thought there was something more complicated you had to do >_< Well no-one will want me to help again xD

Maths stuff again:

5X+2Y=7

Yaaaaaarrrr

For gradient: 2Y = 7 - 5X

Y = (7-5X)/2

The gradient is the co-efficient of X, therefore Grad. = -5/2

How does the Media create audiences?

1000 word essay in my first week of college.

That is a horrible question.

And I dont really know what it means, my first instinct would be to say advertising etc. but im not sure as the question is worded so bloody openly.

For the lines thing:

All straight lines can be rearranged into the form y = mx + c.

This is a useful form because m is the gradient of the line and c is the y intersect.

This stands to reason if you compare it with the line y = x: y = x is stretched in the y direction by m and translated by c in the y direction.

Functions - Drawing graphs

I'm kinda stuck with these as I can't remember how to do them (duh).

Draw the graph of y =f(x) for the following functions. On the same diagran draw the graph of the inverse function f^-1 (x).

(a) f(x) = 3x + 2

(b) f(x) = x^3 - 3

Functions - Drawing graphs

I'm kinda stuck with these as I can't remember how to do them (duh).

Draw the graph of y =f(x) for the following functions. On the same diagran draw the graph of the inverse function f^-1 (x).

(a) f(x) = 3x + 2

(b) f(x) = x^3 - 3

First of, there is an easy way to find the inverse of a function: change the f(x) to a y, then make all ys xs and all xs ys. Now rearrange for y and replace with f^-1(x). f^-1(x) should be a reflection of f(x) in the line y = x, so if this is indeed the case then you'll know that you're right.

(a) This follows y = mx + c, as I was talking about earlier, so it's a straight line with gradient 3 and y intercept 2.

For the inverse:

x = 3y + 2

y = x/3 - 2/3

f^-1(x) = x/3 - 2/3

So it is a straight line with gradient 1/3 and y intercept -2/3.

(b) This curve is a transformation of x^3, which is a curve with a single turning point (inflection on the origin) and a gradient which is always greater than 0. The -3 translates the curve by -3 in the y direction.

As for the inverse:

x = y^3 - 3

y = cuberoot(x + 3)

f^-1(x) = cuberoot(x + 3)

So this is the curve cuberoot(x) translated by -3 in the x direction. (note this funtion only has an inverse where x > -3)

You bring the 2x into the bracket, and an x into another.

So its (2x..)(x...)

Then you figure out what times together makes 1 and added/subtracted altogether makes 3.

Here it is (2x+1)(x+1), if someone knows how to explain better, feel free :p