NEurope
Philthy

Big PS2 sale at ASDA tomorrow

I’m for from a fanboy and the reason I would think that is that nearly every single thread I read it seems you are trying to promote Sony products. Anyway it wasn’t a serious question just a stupid joke.

I say good things about every console. I own them all and have loads of games for each one. Well I wouldn't say I have loads for Wii and PS3 because they are fairly new but you get what I mean. I'm a person who likes to try anything. Do you really need me to take a pic. O_o My stack of games is crazy.

So like I say, unless you are super skint, a gamer has no objection to having a PS2 at £50. That alone is worth it just to play Okami and Shadow of the Colossus. IT makes no sense what so ever to reject that, unless you already have one. Seriously how can you be a gamer if you are rejecting awesome games like the ones mentioned above? I really don't get how you can.

If i hadnt just bought a 360 i'd be buying one of these. Cant really justify buying 2 consoles in a month

If i hadnt just bought a 360 i'd be buying one of these. Cant really justify buying 2 consoles in a month

Justify to whom? If you have the money, why not own the best machine in the last 10 years?

Justify to whom? If you have the money, why not own the best machine in the last 10 years?

Good point although I always feel the same when buying loads of games. I feel like I should be spending my money on something different.

I still don't want spend £425 on a PS3 but this I couldn't turn down.

ARGH. I feel like I would have got it now but i've had a long day and didn't get home till just recently. I doubt the ASDA in norwich have any left. I want to try and find out but can't find the number in the phone books.

Edit: Rang up, all sold out. Grah. The one day I was 100% determined to get a PS2 I failed.

I say good things about every console. I own them all and have loads of games for each one. Well I wouldn't say I have loads for Wii and PS3 because they are fairly new but you get what I mean. I'm a person who likes to try anything. Do you really need me to take a pic. O_o My stack of games is crazy.

So like I say, unless you are super skint, a gamer has no objection to having a PS2 at £50. That alone is worth it just to play Okami and Shadow of the Colossus. IT makes no sense what so ever to reject that, unless you already have one. Seriously how can you be a gamer if you are rejecting awesome games like the ones mentioned above? I really don't get how you can.

Pictures please!

Justify to myself. I can afford it but ive got enough games to play at the moment and that £50 + Games would be better saved for when i need it

The PS2 will be down in price again before too long and if im bored i might pick one up

I would get one, but I realsied that I still have plenty of stuff for Wii/DS/GameCube to get with my money.

Still waiting for them to go properly retro-cheap, at which point I will gorge myself stupid.

Yes buy it and I urge everyone to get Okami as its an awesome game (yes better than Twilight Princess.. but not by much).

Can't wait for FFXII!

Anyone know where I can get a PS2 RGB cable? It looks well blurry right now on my HDTV.

Have to say though, I'm not a massive fan of GT4, and Soul Calibur III is presented really strangely after 1 and 2.

Lumines is practically the same as Lumines Live, although I miss HD graphics (weird for a puzzle game).

Going to play Okami later I think, although I may wait until after Zelda.

I think you shouldn't bother with RGB if you're connecting your PS2 to a HDTV. The picture should be far better with component cables, but not nearly as good as on a SDTV via RGB.

I think you shouldn't bother with RGB if you're connecting your PS2 to a HDTV. The picture should be far better with component cables, but not nearly as good as on a SDTV via RGB.

I would buy component cables but I don't want to mess about changing between 360 and PS2.

While palying FFX on my HDTV, its quite blurry at some times, and when you watch Tidus running it looks to have some motion blur. I've changed the settings down to 4:3 viewing mode and its storted it out. Only bad thing is the huge 6 inch gap from the edge of my screen to the display, on either side of it and, which was already there, a letterbox type border at the top.

Someone lent me their PS2 the other day, I'd go out and buy one for £50 just for MGS2.

Are you using the composite cables?

OMG I hate Gran Turismo.

Um yeah, the ones that came with the console originally. They're ust plugged into my only free port on the back of my tv :p

Theres so many games I need to get, but not enough money.

Apart from the MGS series, and some more FF gmes, what other games do people suggest?

I wanna get gta San andreas. Dunno what else now.

Lumines Plus is as good as Lumines Live and it's fairly cheap, and Okami looks really good so far. I really want to get a Ratchet and Clank game because I really liked playing one of them at a mates house ages a go.

I'm also planning on getting Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, the God of War games and probably FFXII eventually. Not a massive ammount of games I'm going to get but I mainly bought this for a few classics I always wanted to play.

Just a heads up that ASDA are selling slimline PS2's for a measley £49.97 all day tomorrow...

They also should have some discounted PS2 games to go with, so if you still don't have a PS2 tomorrow's a very, very good time to get one. (No excuses for not getting FFXII on Friday... ;) )

WOA thanks to you I finnaly have a PS2 XD

Lucky I look at this forum from time to time

You are a mighty baron

yey to you. you are beautiful like a baby butterfly. seriously you are

Now I can finnaly look at the ps2 section after a million years of shunning it.

seriously your amazing

Buy Gitaroo Man! It's like £9!!!!

Quickshotofgames.JPG

Sorry for the mess. Jordan is here causing destruction.

The pic up there is my gaming area. The copied stuff is from when I was younger and couldn't afford PSX games and stuff. On the right is my 360, Cube, Wii, PS2, PS3 and Xbox games. They are three piles all about the same size, two are behind the front pile. These are the games I have to finish.

My complete cupboard is on the other side which is in this shot.

Completedgames.JPG

And my PC area, which is also a mess! :D

PCArea.JPG

There's also my handheld games (PSP, DS, GBA) but they are in a cupboard all over the place at the bottom.

So yeah, those are my messy gaming area. Messy, but I blame Jordan *hits Jordan's 360 and monitor onto the floor*