N-Europe

If You Were Nintendo How Would You Improve The Wii?

ZeldaFreak

Yeah sorry about this - but I was getting bugged by 3 american kids I defeated on xbox live so they kept on and on, etc...

So I created a new gold account but I only really use it to play uno online and a couple of other games.

However during easter I will resume my gamercard "Linkified", OK :grin:

The other one I don't give out to people on this forum its just got some of my buds on sorry mate :(

This would be your "unifed online experience" then...

By the way, I'd wager there's more annoying American kids than uno playing french girls online.

motion2000

He was being sarcastic.

Who was being sarcastic?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the wii mote as of yet doesnt add anything new does it?but it will im sure.we need a game that we can say HEY this would never work without the wiimote.something like what hotel dusk did for ds

but can't hotel dusk techically run on the pc. But yeah loads of people like the story and think the puzzle design is flawed at best. From the game journos who have played it.

but can't hotel dusk techically run on the pc. But yeah loads of people like the story and think the puzzle design is flawed at best. From the game journos who have played it.

without resorting to pc.Its not fair to compare them.

I've played it and it's better than anything I've played on the PC for quite a long time.

Also there are parts of it which would be impossible on the PC.

àgreed its fantastic

This would be you "unifed online experience" then...

Who was being sarcastic?

When I mean unified it means you can add friends with a usaername instead of friend codes. In my personal opinion from what I have seen of wii online so far is miles away from anything decent. You do realise I hope that online is the most important thing for consoles. 360 set the standard and no one is even trying to out do them.

You think online is the way forward for consoles, I think concentrating heavily online is a step backwards.

Again, it would make sense for you to simply pick up the two consoles aimed at you rather than trying to change the one that isn't specifially aimed just at you.

yes i have in the perfect position to play wii online but cant.But still nobody besides us internet forum guys reeally care yet?Online is still not casual because you have to pay for it.i was hoping nintendo could make a free service as good as ms but i guess they cant and wont.but its not big enough to be the demise of a console yet

Its not that though its if I want to play with my mates all I have to do is get on xbox live and start a game.

On the wii I have to have all there friend codes.

How is concentrating heavily online a step backwards.

Plus £40 is quite good considering they have to pay fro servers and bandwith

When I mean unified it means you can add friends with a usaername instead of friend codes. In my personal opinion from what I have seen of wii online so far is miles away from anything decent. You do realise I hope that online is the most important thing for consoles. 360 set the standard and no one is even trying to out do them.

Online is VERY important, but it's not even close to being the MOST important thing ith a console. Agree with the rest though.

Its not that though its if I want to play with my mates all I have to do is get on xbox live and start a game.

On the wii I have to have all there friend codes.

How is concentrating heavily online a step backwards.

Plus £40 is quite good considering they have to pay fro servers and bandwith

It's taking gaming back to the days of the sun-fearing geek alone in his bedroom playing against his internet friends because his parents are using the living room.

By 'playing with your mates' on Xbox live, do you mean people you know in real life? Because I couldn't tell you a single guy from the pub, including those I play wireless DS and Wii multiplayer with who has a Live account.

The Wii Console Code is likely to work that way. Surely it's not as easy as a name, but then again it's a simple 16-digit code which you have to enter once. Not too bad.

Don't bring in Pokemon Battle Colloseum, that is confirmed to use the DS system requiring seperate friend codes.

It's taking gaming back to the days of the sun-fearing geek alone in his bedroom playing against his internet friends because his parents are using the living room.

By 'playing with your mates' on Xbox live, do you mean people you know in real life? Because I couldn't tell you a single guy from the pub, including those I play wireless DS and Wii multiplayer with who has a Live account.

Yes I play with real life mates on live - aswell as people I have met online-

Its hardly doing that seen as 8million people play WoW and a quite a significant minority are actual families who play it together online.

The Wii Console Code is likely to work that way. Surely it's not as easy as a name, but then again it's a simple 16-digit code which you have to enter once. Not too bad.

Don't bring in Pokemon Battle Colloseum, that is confirmed to use the DS system requiring seperate friend codes.

I bet all wii titles will just use the same system - nintendo alays changes their mind half way through.

Yes I play with real life mates on live - aswell as people I have met online-

You obviously have a different circle of friends to me then. Also, I like to play with people I can see and share a few cans with. Like I say, get the consoles that are aimed at your niche instead of trying to change the Wii.

The Wii console code reminds me of a phone number. Once you enter that into your address book, it's replaced by the name. So, whenever you get a txt message or phone call, it says it's from that person's name, and NOT the number.

You enter the code in once, there is nothing more to it. Entering the code from both sides is not really all that big an issue, purely a matter of security. I've just had a uni lecture on "internet safety" and it instantly made me think of this. Not only that, but over the last few weeks, several people who I do not know have added me to MSN. I've tried asking who they are, and they sign off. To say it pisses me off would be a huge understatement.

You know ZeldaFreak, I think you bought the wrong thing when you bought a Wii. It's like going to a shop to get something to hammer in some nails, buying a screwdriver and then complaining how shit it is at the job. A Wii is a Wii, a PS3 is a PS3, a 360 is a 360, A Wii is neither a PS3 nor a 360, they are all different things. I think Nintendo decided to go with something different like this, it isn't so much in competition with the others as they are with each other. It also sounds like your problem with the pointer is your setup, stop whining about it and fix it, it isn't Nintendo's fault, it sounds very much like yours. Also, I gotta say your story of two live accounts is a bit shady, and also offputting if you would have to create a whole new account to avoid some whiny american kids, even more reason to not have the same features on wii.

A light gun though 'sees' your tv differently to what the wii controller 'sees' it as they would have to add a reticle and loads of redesigning the gameplay.

I don't see why any of that would have to have been done? Or do you mean if already existing ones were to be brought/ported to wii? I think it'd be cool if they actually brought out that light gun shell for the wiimote, and made a game for it, but you could configure the 'gun' in game so it'd be a straight aim sort of thing(like with the Super Scope).

They have probably been said, but things I would of done would be.

1, Have rechargable wiimotes, FFS seriously I'm fed up of buying batteries.

2, More internal storage memory. If they are going to allow demos and such, then we need more space.

3, Better component for online. Wii codes are plain crappy and totally bollocks. What is wrong with having a username for the Wii instead? Would of been soooo much easier. The friends list is a load of crap really too. It doesn't tell you who is online or off.

4, More juice wouldn't of hurt really. I'd like to know how much profit they are making on the Wii. Just to see what extra power and such could of been put in. This isn't that much of a factor, but it would of been nice to see just a glimpse of what the Wii is capable of from the start rather than waiting for games to show it later on.

5, Extra Wiimotes and Nunchuks should be a little cheaper. £45 each time is a little expensive.

Still even with alot of these niggles, the system is still great fun to play. I'm happy I own one.

I mostly agree with these, as for the profit they're making, I'd actually put it at somewhere from £10-£50 given that they're turning profit in all territories, so let's call it £30 average. I think even if it's less than that, they've made a ton of profit, but I am quite confused as to where this money is going, it should be going into making new games decent, and the online service decent too. I think the reason for the lack of things with the Wii, is probably because it was quite different, and Nintendo just couldn't afford to sell it at a loss because if it flopped it would probably have seriously hurt them. Even so, Nintendo must be pulling in loads of money with the Wii and DS, I just hope they put it to some decent use.

Strike up a friendship with Apple.

Let them use GB/GBA/GBCSNES/NES/N64 games for the iPhone (if they can handle the latter), allowing them to put online support in if they really want. Let them have creative control over it.

But we would gain is an iTunes compatable DS and Wii with downloadable movies/music and probably games. In turn it would be able to compete with the mulitmedia offerings from Sony/Microsoft without too much effort on Nintendo's part. Would mean a new channel ("iTunes"). Would come with things such as docking with iPod and the such and synching. You get the idea...

Get Mozila working on the browser. Put more memory in the Wii so it would be a viable release platform for the online browser. While we're at it, put Thunderbird on there as well - allowing for emails and what not. Again, not too much effort on Nintendo's part.

Link the Mii's on the Wii with the DS - and codes. keep the individual game codes, but allow an 'address book' to download everyone you knows onto your Wii if they dont' want to increase capacity on the DS. Then make them streamable over the net.

But all these individual features with regards to people could be easilly solved with a 'gamertag' service - but take out those STUPID challenges and score. Simply let people see when you've completed things on certain difficulty. Then let them see the games you have (on DS and Wii) and your able to add those people to your games. Availabe in game? Perhaps... could be difficult to implement.

Release a keyboard for the Wii - allow for easy data entry. Also go to PC develoeprs and get them to release older classics for the Wii - starcraft, civilization, simcity, CS ect. The outdated graphics could be put up to higher Wii standards but rebranding and some tweaks here and there would save the developers a lot of time and give the consumer something that the other consoles don't have - proper 'mouse' play (you'll understand what I mean anyone who has tried using the controller for FM07 on the 360).

A faster online shop please. Re release some older controllers with Wifi built in please - I personally would rather control MK64 with a N64 controller than the classic controller.

The movie viewer would support more formats if it was linked to iTunes. The picture viewer needs some work personally - or perhaps it isn't needed? I dunno... its nice to view y our snaps on your Wii, but they should only be used as an avitar, or perhaps certain uses in games... I dunno. That ones hard to fix. But I know its not perfect.

It is all I can think of at the moment... if I were attempting to make the Wii perfect.

Strike up a friendship with Apple.

Let them use GB/GBA/GBCSNES/NES/N64 games for the iPhone (if they can handle the latter), allowing them to put online support in if they really want. Let them have creative control over it.

But we would gain is an iTunes compatable DS and Wii with downloadable movies/music and probably games. In turn it would be able to compete with the mulitmedia offerings from Sony/Microsoft without too much effort on Nintendo's part. Would mean a new channel ("iTunes"). Would come with things such as docking with iPod and the such and synching. You get the idea...

Get Mozila working on the browser. Put more memory in the Wii so it would be a viable release platform for the online browser. While we're at it, put Thunderbird on there as well - allowing for emails and what not. Again, not too much effort on Nintendo's part.

Link the Mii's on the Wii with the DS - and codes. keep the individual game codes, but allow an 'address book' to download everyone you knows onto your Wii if they dont' want to increase capacity on the DS. Then make them streamable over the net.

But all these individual features with regards to people could be easilly solved with a 'gamertag' service - but take out those STUPID challenges and score. Simply let people see when you've completed things on certain difficulty. Then let them see the games you have (on DS and Wii) and your able to add those people to your games. Availabe in game? Perhaps... could be difficult to implement.

Release a keyboard for the Wii - allow for easy data entry. Also go to PC develoeprs and get them to release older classics for the Wii - starcraft, civilization, simcity, CS ect. The outdated graphics could be put up to higher Wii standards but rebranding and some tweaks here and there would save the developers a lot of time and give the consumer something that the other consoles don't have - proper 'mouse' play (you'll understand what I mean anyone who has tried using the controller for FM07 on the 360).

A faster online shop please. Re release some older controllers with Wifi built in please - I personally would rather control MK64 with a N64 controller than the classic controller.

The movie viewer would support more formats if it was linked to iTunes. The picture viewer needs some work personally - or perhaps it isn't needed? I dunno... its nice to view y our snaps on your Wii, but they should only be used as an avitar, or perhaps certain uses in games... I dunno. That ones hard to fix. But I know its not perfect.

It is all I can think of at the moment... if I were attempting to make the Wii perfect.

Here's an idea for you: try a PostinShort feature. It would be great, because I'm not reading the entire article. But I read the first centence and, well, Apple is working with Sony right now, sicne they're in the Blu-Ray association and therefore can't really betray them. Sorry, not happening. And Apple does not collaborate. And the music store is licensed to iTunes as software only, if Sony would see that their music is published on other consoles than theirs, they'll pull back their license for the music store, and it would ruin Apple.

Bigger Hard Dirve....it's WAY too Tiny; 1GB would have been decent enough.

WAY too tiny but double would have been enough? Sounds like it isn't that small then. I do agree, more internal memory would been better, or some viable ways of expanding such as direct read/write to a usb harddrive, or to SD cards.

I think online is a BIG feature, for example, whyen i get my 360, i know at least 3 guys from shool that i'll be adding to play Gears, etc with.

But then, there's so many issues with that.

When you get a 360, heck, even if you get a 360 tomorrow, it'll have been out on the market for a long time. Gears of war has only just been released on the system as well.

how about proper online and you know.maybe gaming online istead of you know...voting!

my god i know nobody is forcing me to get it its free etc etc but this is bullshit.Is THIS why we have no online and are experiencing a games drought? and even then i thought if there was a drought the void would be filled with VC games.........huh?

how about proper online and you know.maybe gaming online istead of you know...voting!

my god i know nobody is forcing me to get it its free etc etc but this is bullshit.Is THIS why we have no online and are experiencing a games drought? and even then i thought if there was a drought the void would be filled with VC games.........huh?

Some people can be so thick.

God forbid they could actually *gasp* work on more than one thing at a time?!!? This is probably just a little thing they've added to shoot a tiny bit of life into the wii, and also maybe to make some money on the side, who knows? Either way, it does NOT mean that they have dedicated the whole company's resources to making this one basic channel and aren't working on anything else at all.