Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh fair. You need one of those special cables to capture directly from the TV for it I think.

Doesn't Adobe Premier do the PiP thing? I could probably edit the video for you if you sent it to me after you made it, I'd need to reinstall it but it's no biggy.

I got a way to get the game footage onto my comp... and yes Adobe Premier does do picture in picture, but last i looked at it it was pricey.... i'm hoping to get a good deal in the January sales.

Anyway, still can't do any of the other 3 songs on the 2nd last gig on Hard. Went to see if i could do anymore songs on expert...answer no. :heh:

So went back to Medium to see if i could 5 star that evil Raining Blood, I set a new high score of over 120,000 with 95% notes and still only 4 star... WTF do I need to do to get my 5 star, damn you Slayer, damn you to hell :cry:

So went online and tried some battles, first guy i beat without ever having to use an item (he picked expert, and i think it was a mistake, haha) played a second game and it was more even, both of us on even, every song went to sudden death, and i lost all of them...now here's a question how does the Death Drain work? Cause the two of got the item at the same time and used them at the same time, why do I die first? And when you collect a 2nd death drain can you use it still? does it change things? ANd lastly why was the death drain symbol getting bigger on my screen and not on his.... i only started missing notes when it covered most of my guitar, but on his side the symbol was still normal size

When you get to sudden death, you carry over your rock meter and your powerups. The first person to get the death drain essentially wins, it covers yourt screen and if you drop a note you drop a huge amount on the rock meter.

Let me know if that needs clearing up further : peace:

Time for an unnecessary list, methinks. :smile:

Great songs that I've discovered from GHIII:

Foghat - Slow Ride

Poision - Talk Dirty To Me

Social Distortion - Story of my Life

Heart - Barracuda

Priestess - Lay Down

The Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

The Sleeping - Don't Hold Back

wohoo, getting slightly better at Slipknot on Hard, got to 56% before i was booed off, it's the bloody chourse that's killing me, just can't keep up with the chord notes, can barely even do it on slowest in practice too.

3's & 7's can only get to 16% before failing...that whole intro is killin me :heh:

And Muse, still only about 80% the bit with all the hammer-on/pull-off does a lot of damage to me (mostly the 2nd part of it) and some how i just can't keep up with the section just after it, grrrr... tried a few songs on the bonus tracks to calm me down...might go back to teh start of teh set list to see if i can upgrade any songs from 3 star to 4 star (not really gonna worry bout 5 stars on hard mode :heh:) and still can't 5 star Slayer on medium, got 96% notes earlier but only something like 114000 points, only a 4 star, :mad:

Dammit, on Slash and i'm always so close to beating him it's unfair :heh:

I can get him right down to the bottom of the red guage but he just hangs on. I will beat him tonight sometime. Also I can almost do another song on Expert. I was literally at the end, like 96% done and my finger slipped up and I pressed the wrong key and was off.

Dammit, on Slash and i'm always so close to beating him it's unfair :heh:

I can get him right down to the bottom of the red guage but he just hangs on. I will beat him tonight sometime. Also I can almost do another song on Expert. I was literally at the end, like 96% done and my finger slipped up and I pressed the wrong key and was off.

if i remember right there's a power item right at the start of that battle... just keep restarting till you get an amp overload or whammy out of it, then save it and get two more, if you get at least one more of one of those you should be sorted, just wait for a section when he has lots of notes, i think i waited till a section late in the song

I 5 starred Bulls on Parade on medium on my first go. :D

I'm pretty chuffed, especially because I didn't have a single four star on medium before that! I played each song once, got to the end, then onto the next. :D

I just had a wee quickplay of it on expert, and fucking hell, do I have a way to go. Love this though, I do feel like I'm improving lots.

How did it break? They're designed to withstand heavy usage and long time wear and tear, it must have been hit pretty extremely for it to have done that.

No seriously, nothing at all happened to it, I was playing it on easy on lefty flip (Upside down on my bed, so it was just like playing easy lol) and it just stopped clicking. I was annoyed.

Do you think I should write off?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!