NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Just got an email from Play saying my copy has been posted, super cheap Guitar Hero III here I come!

Worryingly Parcel Force (who are sending me my copy) still aren't recongising my tracking number.

Ah well... *gets scared* T_T

Just got an email from Play saying my copy has been posted, super cheap Guitar Hero III here I come!

Man your lucky. Having yours cheap and already shipped. I'm waiting for that magical e-mail saying mines has aswell.

Hmmm, traditionally, shops don't really keep to street dates here. Result: GHIII is out on shelves right now!!!

...well, for PS3 and 360. No Wii GHIII in sight. :hmm:

I'll let you know as soon as I spot GHIII Wii in stores.

UPDATE: Well, I haven't seen it on shelves, but first hand-on reports (on other forums. Heresy!) of the PAL-version are coming in, so it looks like no European delay! :yay:

Impressions, courtesy of one DVD Smith:

"Due to having the best job ever, I got GH3 today - it rules so much. Was doing great on Expert, but the Slash battle is unbelievably hard. Sticking to Hard for now. Battle mode is a little awkward, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Favourite song so far is, surprisingly, When You Were Young. It's just great fun to play.

The guitar is great - the Wii remote really adds to the experience, and the rumble is so cool. However, the analogue stick on the Les Paul is really awkward, the up-down is flipped to match the strum bar but the left-right is normal, so it's confusing.

On-line works perfectly, no sing of lag at all. Although no downloadable content sucks. Anyone wants to battle, my friend code is [Censored. Privacy, eh. -ed].

And as for sound, I'm not sure, but it looks like the option for Stereo, Surround or Pro Logic II has been removed. All that's on the Audio part of the Options menu are the volume settings for band, guitar and FX. Not sure what the actual setting is, but I don't think it's mono.

The guitar neck is very sturdy, and it's been working perfectly so far. The whole GH community seems to be in agreement that the Wii guitar is the best version - the 360 and PS3 guitars can suffer from problems like wireless lag, a bad neck connection, and an oversensitive tilt sensor. The Wii guitar seems fine.

The Wii remote fits really well: it slots in the back, with a connector at the base and a little area beside it for the strap to fit in. It won't fit with the remote jacket on, but you won't exactly need that.

Only minor problem, apart from the weird analogue stick I mentioned earlier, is that if the guitar is inactive long enough to power down, you have to press the remote's buttons to reactivate it - the frets don't work. But that's pretty much it.

And thanks for the heads-up on the sound issue. Tried stereo, and it seems fine."

Status still says processing T_T Now i'm getting worried it won't ship, especially if some of your copies have been sent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Hero-Legends-Wireless-Controller/dp/B000X1BF2S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195661667&sr=8-3

Hmm, If you scroll down to the comments, they say the sound is in mono? Is this true, and if so, recognisable you reckon? Mind you I dont have surround sound at all, just the TV speakers, but wouldn't mind a confirmation.

I've been over the moon since they revealed it was coming for Wii, and even better on my b'day, but this has actually set me back, as i own a 360 also, judging whether i should buy it for that.

Still very tempted to get this on Wii anyway, seeing as the wiimote sounds and rumble must be great to have whilst rocking away :):yay:

I saw 3 display boxes in the shop today, one I could definately make out was the PS3 version, the other two I couldn't make out, (pricing and "reserve now" stickers annoyingly placed on the parts where the tell tail logos would be) but hopefully one was 360 and one was Wii.

Couldn't get too close as they were behind the counter and they were busy, would be weird trying to get up to the counter and not actually have anything to buy. Plus if my hopes of getting this Friday are to be destroyed I'd rather wait till Friday to find out :heh:

Gonna trade in Paper Mario to help knock the price down a little i think.

Why does Mono sound actually matter? You're playing a guitar, a monophonic instrument...

But the music being in mono... is dodgy if you have a decent speaker set up.

Besides the issue has apparently been fixed.

Still processing... Come one dammit T_T

My fingers are dying to break doing Through the Fire and Flames here. There asking for it.

Still processing... Come one dammit T_T

My fingers are dying to break doing Through the Fire and Flames here. There asking for it.

I've been listing to that all that week... i fracking rule on air guitar :heh:

But i can see me really sucking in the game, hahaha (hopefully with practice that wn't last long :heh:)

EDIT: Oh yeah Flameboy I just signed up for that tour group thingy :)

Guitar Hero is pretty damn easy untill you get to the late hard songs once you get into it.

Also, important note:

Anyone who has an LCD TV, remember to calibrate your game. My TV has a 30ms lag between audio and sound on Guitar Hero, and you can mess up very badly if its not propperly calibrated.

Just got an e-mail saying mines is dispatched. It is just dawned on me that after I play this, air guitar may never be the same again...

Guitar Hero is pretty damn easy untill you get to the late hard songs once you get into it.

which difficulty setting would you be referring to though ;)

Yup same here! email was sent at 10 this morning so hopefully the game will arrive at my work on Friday. I hope it does otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday to get it!

woohoo mine is being dispatched got my Parcel Force tracking number and everything! franklin I'll approve your request once i get home from work.

Mines being sent :D. Been waiting months for this... actually it was one of the reasons i got a wii instead of getting a another cheap ps2 so i hope it fills my expectations

woohoo mine is being dispatched got my Parcel Force tracking number and everything! franklin I'll approve your request once i get home from work.

It's going by parcelforce!? That's great news, that means it might even be here tomorrow.

I guess it makes sense since it's a big box and all.

I'm going to have to wait a little while until I get GHIII. My brother has no money, but I think he gets paid next week.

Hmmm, I'm quite tempted to get this now that Medal of Honor has been delayed. Might sell/trade Metroid Prime 3 and a DS game to see if I can get it for £30 or less.

I have the 360 version now and dont see any problem with the guitar at all. does the wiimote actually do anything except vibrate? does anyone have a list of the features for each system?

I have the 360 version now and dont see any problem with the guitar at all. does the wiimote actually do anything except vibrate? does anyone have a list of the features for each system?

They're all the same, but the Wii one has rumble and the microphone makes a sound everytime you hit a wrong note, but it lacks DLC.

the only reason I was considering the wii version is for the handiness of bringing the wii to a mates house or somethin. its a crackin' game though

What's the tracking number when you view your order? Everytime I try numbers I see it says it's unable to confirm the status. Like that for anyone else? Might just be entering the wrong number.