NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Bad news :P You have to complete the game's career mode to unlock TTFATF. But once you've beaten it on any difficulty you'll be able to play TTFATF on any difficulty in quick play.

So beat easy career -> unlock song -> quick play -> select song and difficulty

...I think! :D

Bad news :P You have to complete the game's career mode to unlock TTFATF. But once you've beaten it on any difficulty you'll be able to play TTFATF on any difficulty in quick play.

So beat easy career -> unlock song -> quick play -> select song and difficulty

...I think! :D

So your saying I have to actually work for it :(

Ah such a song must come at a price though. But since you mentioned any difficulty after I complete it...

Hospital, i'm a comin!

Well so long as I can unlock it by playing on easy first and then play it on any difficulty after that I should be ok, this being my first GH game i'm sure i'll suck at first but I'm hoping if I start on easy I should still be able to progress through career mode, then by then I should (hopefully) be into it enough to kick it up a notch or two. :yay:

Seems to be a problem with those that got the cheapie deal thingy then? :/

Hopefully mine is coming tomorrow! I'm not sure how I play you lot online, but I'm looking forward to it fellas!

I'm still a newbie, can only do it well on normal. I can't quite get the orange button going well, it always screws up in the hard parts. Only played gh1 so hopefully this will keep me addicted enough to work on that damn orange button!!

Rise against yay!

Dunno if im getting this tomorrow now. Shopto have sent Unreal Tournament 3, despite them saying it wasn't coming out til next Friday. They waited til today (or last night, not sure) to change they're mind.

If that comes tomorrow then i'll get GH later

Rise against yay!

Ftw.

Really hope it comes tomorrow as i cant play it much on saturday and sunday because of gigs.

I feel the song they chose of rise against could have been better, but that song is still legendary!

Really can't wait for this now. Been reading over the thread and the anticpation is reaching a climax!!! ARGH HURR UP AND BE TOMMORROW! play.com don't fail me now :shakehead

I got mine through Game, its only slow because i live so far from the mainland...

Hopefully tomorrow.

Well still enjoying this, but struggling to get good at it lol!I'm sure practice will make perfect. But find it hard quickly switching between the fret buttons, think this is cos I keep using the same finger which is perhaps a trade off from normal controllers and using the same finger for their face buttons, rather than using a finger for each button. and the whammy bar just confuses me! Anyone got any tips?!

Loving the way the online mode works, it is constantly connected when you playing meaning if you are in any other game mode and someone invites you to a game, it comes up to tell you. Still friend codes though but plenty of options for games against strangers (not random lol) Also love the linking with your online account for the whole world to see your stats...I didn't take down my friend code, but I will exchange with some people when more of you get it 2moro.

Can you have more than 1 save on it Flameboy? Basically i want to have a save for me and a save for my bro but i want the online linking thing to link my save only.

Can you have more than 1 save on it Flameboy? Basically i want to have a save for me and a save for my bro but i want the online linking thing to link my save only.

Yeah for the career mode there is like 5 slots for 5 different bands also for quick play if you beat a high score its old school typing in your name. You can only have one online profile though it's seperate to your band profiles, but compiles all of your game stats full stop. Oddly the instruction manual explains very little.

How do you link your friend code with the site then? Do you get asked if you want to do it online or do you just enter the code onto the Guitar Hero site?

You get the questions since you get it before us :heh:

Are you getting it? And if so, you joining our awesome tour group?

Getting it on 360 so I don't know what this tour group thing is. Don't know if I can with a different console version.

I'll join the tour group once I get it, thing is I've still got 120 star Galaxy, then start and complete RE4 (for the first time :o) before I consider buying this. Add on the fact that Umbrella Chronicles is high on my want list, and I have some DS games I want to catch up on, I can see this being pushed aside for now.

Getting it on 360 so I don't know what this tour group thing is. Don't know if I can with a different console version.

It doesn't matter what platform it's on. It's for all of them not just the Wii.

Cool beans. I've just made an account and joined.

Can you join more than one tour group?

What's this about linking account? A VIP code?

Well still enjoying this, but struggling to get good at it lol!I'm sure practice will make perfect. But find it hard quickly switching between the fret buttons, think this is cos I keep using the same finger which is perhaps a trade off from normal controllers and using the same finger for their face buttons, rather than using a finger for each button. and the whammy bar just confuses me! Anyone got any tips?!

Not really! It's very much a game that you pick up over time. As for the whammy, don't worry about it unless you're trying to hit a star power sequence - it gives you more energy if you use it on a long note which is part of a SP sequence.

Try and use the whammy with the back of your hand, that's what I do for GH1.

Also, if you're playing on Easy, it might be a wise idea to start off playing on medium to get used to using 4 buttons and not 3!

Cool beans. I've just made an account and joined.

Can you join more than one tour group?

Unfortunately not, ah well.

How do you link your friend code with the site then? Do you get asked if you want to do it online or do you just enter the code onto the Guitar Hero site?

You get the questions since you get it before us :heh:

You set up your profile online and then go onto the game and the wifi menu and theres an option to display your VIP code (think it is the guitarhero.com option) and then type that in on the website and it links to your account, it then will then update the site everytime you achieve something!

Here are my latest lame performances;

Ruby EASY 19,295

Rock N' Roll All Nite EASY 17,606

Hit Me With Your Best Shot EASY 21,269

EDIT; Oh here is my friend code, probably won't be on it today, cos of work but will 2moro.

167620 643069

Screw it....I cant sleep anymore and already watched that futurama movie (take a day off to rot in bed for a few hours extra and this is my reward).

Im off to purchase this.

Time to rock !!

This may same strange, but I kept waking up during the night cause I had dreams of Guitar Hero. Seriously I woke up like 5 times and every singly dream was me getting/playing it.

No, no problem. I got mine for £29.99 and just checked the tracking number and it says it arrived at Charlton Depot at 1:50am which is like 15 mins down the road.

So im guessing mine will be delivered anytime soon! Only problem being im going away for the weekend at about 11 :(