NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ViPeR

Rage Against The Machine reform!

It's fairly decent news, but I'd rather hear Zach De La Rocha's solo album than see Rage reform. He was the only talented member of them, Audioslave prove that by being fucking awful.

Yeah its not like Tom Morello wrote most of the Rage songs and he's definitely a shit guitarist. :indeed:

Pardon me for being a "bitch", but I didn't want them to reform. Not after the garbage that was Battle Of L.A... or that dumb cover album.

Excellent news indeed :D was not expecting this at all RATM were fucking awesome, someone lend me money to go to that awesome sounding festival.

Oh Audioslave rocked so why all the hate :(

Cause' I think Audioslave were terrible, by the numbers crap. Which RATM were for the most part, it's just that their music actually had a point. Whereas Audioslave is just rubbish singer meets half decent band, who proceed to "jam" for a bit, before adding some terribly uninspired lyrics and calling it epic and important.

Oh. And I sort of misspoke in that other post. I should have said that Zach De La Rocha was the only one who seemed capable of doing anything vaguely interesting musically, which is why I would welcome a solo album by him more than a reformation of a band past its time.

Still, I guess keeps Audioslave off the streets.

Man, that Coachella line-up is pure awesome. I think I just filled the cup looking at it. Anyway, sweet news about Rage reforming. Lets hope they get their arses over here, my fingers are crossed for a few festivals in the summer.

Cause' I think Audioslave were terrible, by the numbers crap. Whereas Audioslave is just rubbish singer

Whilst I agree with your sentiments about how awful Audioslave are , I don't agree with your opinion on Chris Cornell.

He is (or maybe was) a fantastic vocalist - maybe he has lost a bit since his Soundgarden days but he is still one of the better singers out there.

Saying that though , for whatever reason , his fronting of Audioslave just hasn't worked at all and maybe that is due to the fact that he is unable to inspire the passion that Zach De La Rocha did. Even though they never claimed that they were going to be RATM copyists , there is still no excuse for the dull , insepid crap that they have been putting out.

Now , if only we could get Soundgarden to reform , that would be truly momentous.

Why all the Audioslave hate?

Brilliant instrumentalists from brilliant band meets brilliant singer from another brilliant band, forms brilliant new band.

Some Audioslave songs like Cochise, Show Me How To Live and Like A Stone are all class songs. Just as good as Killing In The Name Of, Guerrilla Radio and Sleep Now In The Fire.

Why all the Audioslave hate?

Brilliant instrumentalists from brilliant band meets brilliant singer from another brilliant band, forms brilliant new band.

Some Audioslave songs like Cochise, Show Me How To Live and Like A Stone are all class songs. Just as good as Killing In The Name Of, Guerrilla Radio and Sleep Now In The Fire.

Sleep now in the fire is a good song? And Guerrilla Radio? :shakehead Also... Killing In The Name Of ir probably the wost good song from RATM.

You want to know why? All the audioslave hate? Because they are not fresh. It's predictalble, and ultimately boring. Soundgarden were great... so were RATM... but both turned to crap eventually. Audioslave is just post-crap, although they're not a bad band.

The problem with Audioslave is there's no definitive sound, there's no uniqueness to them. I'll admit that I like quite a lot of their songs but I can see where people are coming from when they say they're dull and boring sometimes. Audioslave had the potential but it just felt that the band didn't quite gel.

Sign in to follow this