N-Europe

Overrated and underrated Nintendo classics

Just because you prefer the way the Avance games play out doesn't mean the whole series should be canned, the original was great fun for those who didn't think of it as an Advance Wars game.

Batallion Wars became great fun later on in the game and was very challenging at points, the only problem with the game is that it was too short and there was too little content, with Online Play and probably at lot more missions going to be added to the sequel I think Batallion Wars will be a great success among hardcore Nintendo fans as long as it is released at the right time.

And what the hell is Master Wars?

Just think advance wars on the wii ported exactly with more missions and multiplayer.

And Batallion Wars the only problem I had was the gameplay itself should of been developed by Intelligent Systems instead of Zoe Mode (or as they were previously called Kuju Entertainment)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think advance wars on the wii ported exactly with more missions and multiplayer.

And Batallion Wars the only problem I had was the gameplay itself should of been developed by Intelligent Systems instead of Zoe Mode (or as they were previously called Kuju Entertainment)

You need to think of it less as Advance Wars on consoles and more as just its own game, then you can truly appreciate it.

I think Advance Wars will remain on handhelds and Batallion Wars will remain on the consoles, so a DS sequel will be much more likely instead.

You need to think of it less as Advance Wars on consoles and more as just its own game, then you can truly appreciate it.

I think Advance Wars will remain on handhelds and Batallion Wars will remain on the consoles, so a DS sequel will be much more likely instead.

Well surely we should change fire emblem games to the ones on the GBA then to Dynasty Warrior type games? No?

They could of concluded the franchise like advance wars but in 3d. Seen as it originally started on the NES. But yeh If I think of it as a sperate game, its not been balanced properly.

Well surely we should change fire emblem games to the ones on the GBA then to Dynasty Warrior type games? No?

They could of concluded the franchise like advance wars but in 3d. Seen as it originally started on the NES. But yeh If I think of it as a sperate game, its not been balanced properly.

Actually I would think of Fire Emblem being an epic RPG instead if that were the case.

Well fine alright, I don't see this agreement going anywhere productive so we'll just agree to disagree, I like Batallion Wars and the fact that Nintendo tried to do something new while you would have preferred it if they sticked to the traditional Advance Wars formula, fair enough.

• 5 weeks later...

I think people had to justify the wii's poor graphics by saying it had good games. Seeing as the wii doesn't have any apart from Zelda, people have had to label average games as good games (Red Steel...).

I think people had to justify the wii's poor graphics by saying it had good games. Seeing as the wii doesn't have any apart from Zelda, people have had to label average games as good games (Red Steel...).

Well said. Red Steel is alright, and games like excitetruck and Korinpina (or whatever it's called) look fun, but to say they are good/great games is going too far. I should be getting my Wii next month, and I know the games i'm getting are going to be Manhunt 2, Resi4 and Strikers. Excitetruck looks fun, but no way am i paying full price for it.

Nobody's justifying anything. We were all pretty pissed that reviewers actually put the game down, and therefore put many off the game. We were all led to believe it was a bad game. A few of us picked it up, and so by word of mouth, people were able to see that "hey, it's not a bad game. Not bad at all. Infact, it's fucking excellent."

Excellent replay value. It's addictive. I don't know how many times I've clicked retry just to beat my score. I can't say when was the last time I did that in a racer. It's fast, it's fun, and it's pretty unique, as it's the first truely great Wii racer. It's been ignored by the masses, but there is a small following here of people who do love the game. I'm one of them.

Goron, have you got Excitetruck? If not, give a go. Seriously, you'll change your mind when you say "it looks good, but how can it be great?"

Nobody's justifying anything. We were all pretty pissed that reviewers actually put the game down, and therefore put many off the game. We were all led to believe it was a bad game. A few of us picked it up, and so by word of mouth, people were able to see that "hey, it's not a bad game. Not bad at all. Infact, it's fucking excellent."

Excellent replay value. It's addictive. I don't know how many times I've clicked retry just to beat my score. I can't say when was the last time I did that in a racer. It's fast, it's fun, and it's pretty unique, as it's the first truely great Wii racer. It's been ignored by the masses, but there is a small following here of people who do love the game. I'm one of them.

Goron, have you got Excitetruck? If not, give a go. Seriously, you'll change your mind when you say "it looks good, but how can it be great?"

Hmm. Gamestation are selling it for £20, so you never know. Thing is, I can Resi for the price too (£22), but we'll see. Does look fun though.

Hmm. Gamestation are selling it for £20, so you never know. Thing is, I can Resi for the price too (£22), but we'll see. Does look fun though.

20 quid is a steal, dude. Go for it. Seriously, there are very few on this forum who have regretted it. Do eeeet.

Super mario kart:

15 years later and i still can't control it.fzero>mario kart

Never a truer word has been spoken - I just don;t se the appeal of marioKart at all and I hate any ind of spin off game ala "Diddy Kong" etc.

F-Zero on Snes all the way!

As for Underrated games????

Can't really think of any - perhaps Red Steel - while not perfect - its way better than Gamespot reviewed it as.