N-Europe

New info on the Stargate movies

rokhed00

Found this on another forum, thought, thought someone may be interested.

Info about the two Stargate SG1 movies is starting to emerge. The movies will be written and produced by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper. Ben Browder, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are confirmed for both movies. Filming will begin in April for the first movie, June for the second.

MGM's press release didn't state whether the movies will air on TV, or if they would be just straight to DVD. Movie titles and brief synopsis is below, so spoilers are a given (oh my eyes!). So you've been warned. Look away..... now!

Stargate: The Ark of Truth

As SG-1 searches for an Ancient artifact which they hope can defeat the armies of the Ori, they learn more Ori ships are about to be sent through the supergate to launch a final assault on Earth. Daniel discovers that the artifact, the Ark of Truth, may be in the Ori home galaxy, and SG-1 embarks aboard the Odyssey to find it, and pre-empt the attack. The IOA has a plan of their own and SG-1 ends up in a distant galaxy fighting two powerful enemies.

Stargate: Continuum

While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba'al, the last of the goa'uld system lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities what's happened, a fleet of goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Ba'al, his queen, Katesh, (Vala) and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the goa'uld.

I like the sound of the second one, bored to death of the Ori.

I am actually liking the Ori, so i like the sound of both films.

I'm just wondering is there's a possibility Richard Dean Anderson might appear in one (or both) flims, if anyone can defeat the Ori it is O'Neil

Oh and just wondering, Stargate Atlantis has that been cancelled too by Sci-Fi? I still can't believe they did that to SG-1, i'd like to slap the people who made that decision

It all gets a bit pointless without O 'Neill....Its sort of blasphemy to not include him. :sad:

Just like if they were to remove Ridge Forrester from the Bold & The Beautiful, Victor Newman from the Young and The Restless and John Black from The Days of Our Lives. Retains viewers/fans, as does O'Neill.

let this please be the end of the of all forms of stargate, let the milking stop

Afraid not.

MGM has since announced the release of two direct-to-DVD SG-1 films for release in fall 2007. Stargate: The Ark of Truth will wrap up the Ori storyline, and Stargate Continuum will involve time travel.[27] This is intended to be the beginning of a series of SG-1 DVD movies, released at a rate of one per year or so.

Much as I love the show they are taking things too far, they should have ended things a couple of years back when RDA left.

I am actually liking the Ori, so i like the sound of both films.

I'm just wondering is there's a possibility Richard Dean Anderson might appear in one (or both) flims, if anyone can defeat the Ori it is O'Neil

Oh and just wondering, Stargate Atlantis has that been cancelled too by Sci-Fi? I still can't believe they did that to SG-1, i'd like to slap the people who made that decision

Apparently they're trying to get him for at least one of them. No news on if they have or not. But apparently he's in an episode airing on sky in a couple of weeks

I'm personally looking forward to these. I would have prefered they can Atlantis (which I love, don't get me wrong) and carried on SG1. SG1 has been more consistently good, although its had its bad episodes...what series hasn't.

I also don't see why everyone is so fixated on O'Neill, saying the show needs him...it doesnt. Season 9 was pretty good and Season 10 has brought some of the best episodes ever made for Stargate...its continually improving