N-Europe

Component looks better huh?

Nintendork

Well I'm not here to argue- but PAL Zelda does not support 480p.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5217513&postcount=6321

So you're component cables at present, can't improve the quality of Zelda.

You were all so bothered about getting official component cables you wanted to believe that they improved.

Don't try and argue with GAF's members- they get banned if they are wrong.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight Princess looks like a PS2 game anyway. This has led me to investigate on my TV as well. Stay tuned for some pics of my own folks.

[edit]

Too lazy. It does look a bit better via component with 480p selected on the menu at least, but I affirm it still looks pretty unpleasant after playing games like Gears of War.

Oh yes, the TV must be wrong. Because Nintendo would purposefully reprogram a game to stop certain support in one region and make sure the TV gets sent a signal to lie to the public

Or the person on GAF is wrong.

Which seems more likely

If it was just one model of tv saying this then yes, the tv may be wrong...not when everyones tv is.

They linked to a French article about this on Neogaf. This is Babbelfish's sketchy translation. Anyone here fluent in French that could give it a look?

The exit of Zelda: Twilight Princess in Europe was accompanied by a new polemic from which Wii would have occurred certainly well. Beyond the inevitable controversies as for the value of the play, it is returned of posting in progressive mode scan which is blamed today. According to many observers', there would be a perceptible difference between returned posting in 480p of Zelda: Twilight Princess in its European version, relatively fuzzy, and that of the American version on the same television set, finer. Another observation: one would note no difference in posting between the 480i and the progressive mode (480p) on the European version, returned being also fuzzy whatever the view chosen in the parameters of Wii. A report which amounts supposing that Twilight Princess version STAKE does not support posting in progressive mode, with the difference of the American version. Our test of the two versions actually made it possible to highlight this difference of returned, and to confirm that there is well a nuance on Twilight Princess : contrary to the assertions of Nintendo, the play to be strictly accurate does not post the clear image characteristic of the US progressive mode, when well even flow would be recognized like 480p by the television set.

I think the argument is that the PAL version of Twilight Princess doesn't do 480p as well as the NTSC version.

Then thats a completely different topic. Nintendork was claiming it doesnt support 480p to which we countered with facts :p

The inferior picture quality probably led people to speculate it didn't, hence why we're here today. Throw in two pictures of varying sharpness and bingo - you've got your "O NOS IT DOESN'T DO 480PPPPP" outcry.

And even if not component has still a much better picture quality than composite an a LCD TV... Not better than RGB (should be the same then or maybe still a little better) BUT much better than composite... so that's the main reason for a component cable and after all it costs the same as the RGB cable...

And only through component cable you can get 480p if supported too...

P.S.: TVs are normally correct because they know what signal they get... Only thing could be that Twilight Princess doesn't support it but the Wii is "upgrading" it to a 480p signal because you chose it at the Wii Menu (but if that is really so)...

Anyway Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz does definitely support 480p... So there will be games that support that mode and there are already games that support it...

And don't forget 480p is not 720p or whatsoever like Gears of War a.s.o.

And also after all Twilight Princess is also "just" a "ported" Gamecube game...

But it would still look much better than every PS2 game and it does because the PS2 is not nearly at Gamecube levels...

Let us wait for the Wii Zelda to find out what the Wii more or less is capable of... Although that is not that much important...

Oh yes, the TV must be wrong. Because Nintendo would purposefully reprogram a game to stop certain support in one region and make sure the TV gets sent a signal to lie to the public

Then thats a completely different topic. Nintendork was claiming it doesnt support 480p to which we countered with facts :p

Yeah i'd say they've been pretty bad.

Anyway, away fromt he bitching, i'm running my Wii through a Composite cable on a regular, non-hd CRT tv. I don't have to worry about this stuff.

In all honesty, I think Nintendork's initial post was just begging for some sarcastic posts anyway.

"You were all so bothered about getting official component cables you wanted to believe that they improved.

Don't try and argue with GAF's members- they get banned if they are wrong."