Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

HDTV Thread

McPhee

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a converted computer monitor, most of the sub-£400 TVs that Argos stock are. The tell-tale sign is usually the size, 19" = TV, 20" = Monitor, 22" = Monitor, 23" = TV.

Buying a TV below 26" is tricky, most are crap. For some reason manufacturers use cheaper parts on them, i don't get why given the high price of these sets. Good 23" sets are priced so close to they're 26" and 32" versions that they are a bit of a waste of money, sometimes the 26" is actually cheaper (Samsung 23R87)

I'm thinking about getting the Panasonic TX26LMD70 for my bedroom, just to play 360 and watch TV and DVD's. Has anyone had any experience with that TV? I've only seen this TV in places like Comet and I wish they'd hook it up to some good equipment because it always looks terrible. Are there any better TV's out there for the price?

?415 is the cheapest I've seen it.

________

Sick From Avandia

Edited by fex

Well mine arrived yesterday morning and I managed to set it up nicely last night after work. I spent most of last night downloading trailers from the Playstation store and watching them in High Def and this morning my first 3 Blu-Rays arrived. ( Play.com 3 for 2 FTW! )

*Starts to sing*

" I can see clearly now SD has gone, I can see all obstacles in my way"

I've been thinking of upgrading my TV lately, currently got a Panasonic 32TX500 but its a couple of years old now. Might upgrade to the latest 50 inch 1080p plasma from them, depends if I can find a good price on it I suppose. Definately a fan of the Panasonic sets, probably the only other brand I'd look at woul be the pioneer.

So I set my Wii up this morning and the picture is very blurry. What cable do I need to get a better picture quality?

What are you using at the moment? Component cables will give you the best picture from your Wii.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I already have a Samsung 22inch Syncmaster Monitor/Tv and its really crap, 360/PS3 through HDMI for some reason looks really bad and the sound crackles, Pro evo looks the worst out of all!

So, I want to get that replaced and I was thinking if I should get this Samsung from Argos (Argos Store Card :D) What you think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!