NEurope
Scorp

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Don't think it's been posted yet, but Midway seems to have confirmed the PAL release date: Friday 15 march. Besides that the game uses functions of the Wii-remote and it's supposed to be the first Wii title to go online... whoaat!!

11th January 2007, Hot on the heels of their recent press release confirming that MK Armageddon has in fact shipped more than 1 Million copies worldwide since its release last october Midway has confirmed the European release date as Friday 15th March 2007.

Promising to use the intuitive contol system on Wii, MK Armageddon looks set to be a smash hit. It will be the first title to utilize Nintendos Online System and the first fully fledged fighter to be released on Wii in the Pal territory. A nice position for Midway to be in indeed.

Hope it's all true :yay:

Cover:

mka_wii_front.jpg

Not interested in the game, but it's good that online games are coming out.

Substantial increase in sales numbers if online is true. Otherwise, one copy will be sold.

wooohooo if this goes online, will defo get it,love mortal kombat although havn't owned one since the N64 one. but still they are good!

some mag predicted this to in the top game of 2007.

They must have know about online. Always makes a game an elephtilelimus. 've had the gc version unopened for 2 years.

Hope it's all true :yay:

No, the date is impossible. It's probably the 16th March.

No, the date is impossible. It's probably the 16th March.

rofl. 1 day dear god i can deal with that. cant wait for this game.:yay:

I doubt MK will be the only launch title for Wii Online. There must be more, maybe Smash Bros...?

is that out before MK? if not then MK will be the first one.

It's out probably in Q4, so no. And BWii and Mario Strikers are online games out before smash bros, anyway.

So the total online games confirmed are:

Mortal Kombat: Argmageddon

Elebits

Mario Strikers Charged

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Forever Blue

Animal Crossing

Not too bad.

Is it confirmed that this game has online multiplayer or could it be just something like sharing created fighters?

If this has online and it plays well with the Wii controls it could find itself on my shopping list. Ive played a quir ween o' Mortal Kombats in my time - N64 one might be my favourite so far - but I only own the first Snes one... and its kinda sucky.

The ultimate fighting games are Killer Instinct but I doubt that itll be coming to Wii. :hmm:

Street Fight 2 Turbo is my all time favorite fighting game. I was very skilled with this game when I played it frequently. Played nearly one thousand matches [against credible skilled opponents mostly mind you] and am yet to lose a match, but if I were to play now, i'd be killed and lose that perfect record...

So the total online games confirmed are:

Elebits

Mario Strikers Charged

Forever Blue

Animal Crossing

Not too bad.

yeah not too bad at all

its building up to be quite a good first year for Nintendo's first proper online gaming home console (lets forget the cubes half arsed efforts, and the BS thing for the SNES) I've bolded the ones I'm gonna get-basically only 3 im not getting.

Where did you see this, Scorp? It will be great if it's true.

I've not actually played a Mortal Kombat game since the 16 bit era. Are the 3D ones any good? I'd heard they weren't, which is why I have avoided them.

Remember that Tony Hawks DS came out, and had online play, before the first Nintendo game.

Maybe the same thing is going to happen again...

Where did you see this, Scorp? It will be great if it's true.

I've not actually played a Mortal Kombat game since the 16 bit era. Are the 3D ones any good? I'd heard they weren't, which is why I have avoided them.

.They are goodish but games like soul calibur trash them.the mortal kombat series is probably only beat em up series that has got with the times.the street fighter 3d games are godawful

i enjoyed mortal kombat 4 on n64

but it seems that the new one is looking good not sure about this version though

I;'m sure MK is online, as in online play. It just seems a very odd title to launch the online service with - its not a major crowd puller, not like Tony Hawk or Mario Kart

Elebits

Mario Strikers Charged

Forever Blue

Animal Crossing

You've forgotten Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers which i beleive is confirmed for online play.

Thats a damn strong lineup for online play, especially as i'm sure there are more in the pipeline (I'm sure EA's SIMS Wii, Mario Kart).

My choices are, of course, in Bold. Possible purchases in italics.