NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
chrizkerr2

Mario Kart Source

Hell lot of potential there, hope they don't screw it up, ragdoll physics for crashing = win.

Ragdoll for crashing would ruin mario kart.

looks interesting but just makes me think - when will Nintendo announce MK Wii!

I hope Nintendo shut these idiots down.

I wouldn't trust anyone with Mario Kart but Nintendo.

Proof that nobody wants to play Mario Kart on PC coming soon.

Dani they're just modders, they're not going to profit from this- it's a very easy way for a group of friends to get a project down and have some experience before getting their first job in the game's industry.

I hope they get a job doing what they love.

Goldeneye Source, Perfect Dark Source, now Mario Kart Source. It seems to me the HL modding community just steals ideas away from companies, instead of coming up with their own. Now, I don't really care, but I would like some originality.

Goldeneye Source, Perfect Dark Source, now Mario Kart Source. It seems to me the HL modding community just steals ideas away from companies, instead of coming up with their own. Now, I don't really care, but I would like some originality.

Maybe you should check out Counterstrike 1.6, Dystopia, Iris, Source Forts, Eclipse, Minerva, Battlegrounds 2, Hidden:Source... they're all original.

Just shows that they want to have a updated looking game of their old classic gaming hood.

I think Perfect Dark would be nice. I mean, imagine the game with framerate.

I wonder if there's any hope for XBLA PD with online multiplayer. :o

I'm really interested in this Mario Kart mod, so i joined the forums and donated a fiver, so that i can beta test it :p. It's only a fiver, not a lot of money, so i thoguht, "why the hell not".

Are they doing any Non-64 maps? ATM, it looks like a Source version of Mario Kart 64.....whats the point in copying the worst in the series?

Are they doing any Non-64 maps? ATM, it looks like a Source version of Mario Kart 64.....whats the point in copying the worst in the series?

1. They're adding stuff from most of the mario karts, and brand new stuff.

2. How is MK64 the worst?

I loved Mario Kart 64. To me the worst is Double Dash. It's a decent game, but no where near as good as the other ones.

Double Dash is so weird with its wacky vehicles and stuff. It doesn't really feel very Mario Karty at all.. It's like an F-Zero GX'ed up Mario Kart, if that makes sense.

Maybe you should check out Counterstrike 1.6, Dystopia, Iris, Source Forts, Eclipse, Minerva, Battlegrounds 2, Hidden:Source... they're all original.

I know HL2 has a lot of original mods, but it just seems that the Source engine has a lot of rip off mods than usual.

THREE "rip off" mods. I don't see why people are complaining, it's free, the modders aren't earning money, donations go to keep the webspace up.

Also maybe the fact that the Source engine seems to be the most popular would contribute to more "rip offs" even though Goldeneye and Perfect Dark updated would seem like a lot of gamers wet dreams. :)

THREE "rip off" mods. I don't see why people are complaining, it's free, the modders aren't earning money, donations go to keep the webspace up.

I wouldn't say I'm complaining, I just wish they'd come up with their own ideas. Plus other mods like Duke Nukem Source were shut down if I'm not mistaken.

I get access to all the exclusives now, so i've seen in game videos. I can't psot them here but a couple of things:

Nice HUD.

The animation for when an item has hit you is a bit daft atm.

The boxes don't dissapear when they are driven through yet.

The power sliding/skidding looks like it's pretty good, they've got that pretty well so far by the looks of it.

I get access to all the exclusives now, so i've seen in game videos. I can't psot them here but a couple of things:

Nice HUD.

The animation for when an item has hit you is a bit daft atm.

The boxes don't dissapear when they are driven through yet.

The power sliding/skidding looks like it's pretty good, they've got that pretty well so far by the looks of it.

Can't you take print screens?

Sign in to follow this