NEurope
david.dakota

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

Played through the prologue today, it's really good. But that was just Lord of the Rings with tanks. :heh:

I decided to go ahead and pick up a copy since £25 is a pretty good deal for a month old game. Probably won't have time to play it for a while though.

I'm on the final mission. Tis hard. Great game, didn't like online at first. Now its the best online on Wii.

I just opened this up today and played the first 4 missions, why the poor reviews I don;t know. Had this been on another console I reckon it would have scored higher. It's awesome.

I loved the forst and think this plays better with the pointer than with a standard controller. Not too into the nunchuck movements though, but I'm sure they'll grow on me!

UPDATE

I've played the multiplayer today and am disappointed. I have also found that whilst the controls are better in some respects they also lack some of the options available on the GCN pad.

Also, the missions aren't quite as fun as the GCN ones, they seem to be too focused on capturing facilities which then takes away any danger of you losing as you get constant reinforcements.

well, got it on saterday, and ive finnished it now. bear in mind i spent most of saterday with my friend shopping (waiting while women try stuff on. sigh), and today I picked up my dissertation from uni, that leaves one day of decent play time. very short and very easy, i had problems on 3 or 4 missions, thats it. last game beat me up and took my lunch money, kinda sad this one cried in the corner the whole time.

i did enjoy it mind you, mild racism and decent combat mean i might play again, or atleast try for higher ranks.

Developers Kuju praise Nintendo, and are working on 3 unannounced projects:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10058

Kuju: "Nintendo Encourages Thinking Outisde the Box"

London developer Kuju recently commented on their unique relationship with one of the world's biggest publishers: Nintendo.

This week's studio profile in Developmag reveals some intimate details on the developer's connection to the Kyoto gaming giant.

"Nintendo has brought us a tremendous amount. In terms of both hardware and software they have challenged us and encouraged us to think outside the box.

Nintendo production staff make visits to Kuju, but on the whole Nintendo prefer to trust their developers to be able to take the creative lead on projects with a limited amount of direction. We get valuable input and feedback from our Nintendo colleagues, but ultimately it is Kuju that is encouraged to provide the technical and creative innovation in the games we work on."

Kuju London’s studio head, Bradley Crooks.

Kuju have been responsible for the Battalion Wars series for both Nintendo GameCube and Wii. At the moment the studio are currently working on three upcoming projects to be announced.

is it me or is this game really short. i have been on it two hours today and when i go to load it up it says i have done 45% already. if so its a good job i picked it up for 7 quid from blockbusters

is it me or is this game really short. i have been on it two hours today and when i go to load it up it says i have done 45% already. if so its a good job i picked it up for 7 quid from blockbusters

I was thinking of picking this up recently, for a dirt cheap price, but I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it.

Can you do skirmishes with the computer? Just battles for fun?

Borrowed it from MadDog a while ago and did a few levels of the campaign, then when I bought it for myself a couple of months ago, I'd forgotten tactics, controls, everything. I may need to start a new save file, I keep getting owned on the level where you control a navy and have to defend your land tanks.

I restarted this twice and I still couldn't get used to the controls, its now been shelved. I wish they had just included Cube pad support so I could have played it like the original.

I restarted this twice and I still couldn't get used to the controls, its now been shelved. I wish they had just included Cube pad support so I could have played it like the original.

Yeah, well...

I wish you had come with a gamecube pad. Just so that I could play you like the original?

I dunno, this sounded funny in my head.

It would have been nice, though. More control schemes = everyone wins!

It would have been nice, though. More control schemes = everyone wins!

Agreed. Im so glad they did it with Mario Kart and Smash Bros as I prefer a normal pad to the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Agreed. Im so glad they did it with Mario Kart and Smash Bros as I prefer a normal pad to the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

totally true for those games yes.

Gamecube pad is still my favourite to play traditional games on the wii not that the wheel in mario kart didnt work.. just old-fashioned I guess :)

I honestly had no problem with the controls- bar the whole jump thing (which i never used).

If anyone ever wishes to revisit this online, PM me and let me know.

I honestly had no problem with the controls- bar the whole jump thing (which i never used).

If anyone ever wishes to revisit this online, PM me and let me know.

I have BWii sitting sealed on the shelf, / nando / has it unsealed but barely played... we've been planning to get into it at some point but probably not in the immediate future. We'll likely be looking to rile up some online gaming with it, so when we come knocking on your door, be ready david, be ready.

Yeah well I'd kick all your arses.

The campaign is short, but I spent way way more time online. I think I've played about 200 matches - won about 75% of them.

Yeah well I'd kick all your arses.

The campaign is short, but I spent way way more time online. I think I've played about 200 matches - won about 75% of them.

I love the campaign, but get my arse kicked online lol I'd defo end up losing my temper playing you haha

I have BWii sitting sealed on the shelf, / nando / has it unsealed but barely played... we've been planning to get into it at some point but probably not in the immediate future. We'll likely be looking to rile up some online gaming with it, so when we come knocking on your door, be ready david, be ready.

Haha.. yeh : peace: ..like most of my games, this probably won't be unleashed for a few months when university is finished and I can forget about coursework and exams forever :yay:

Whenever that time comes, we won't be so much knocking on the door.. more like kicking it down and making you suffer til you beg for mercy.. and then we'll play :smile:

It is unfortunate that games such as this and Okami (as well as so many others..) have had to wait due to wanting to give them proper attention instead of bits here and there, tainted by the rotting corpse that will be my final weeks at university.. but I look forward to meeting on the battlefield :bouncy:

I got this last summer. Only played it very quickly online though and haven't got round to playing it again. Same with Radiant Dawn.